Accessories for 2014 Streetglide Special

New to this forum.

Buying a new 14 Streetglide special next week. The saddle bags on the 14 are a bit shorter than the 13, because the lid is a little higher so they compensated with making the bags a little shorter. I want extended bags that completely cover/wrap around the pipes, but the ones in the HD catalog only taper at the end covering only the tip of the pipes and you can still see the pipe exposed when you stand on the side of the bike. Any ideas where I can get extended bags that cover the pipes for the 14 that won't cost me an arm and leg?

Also, on chrome accessories. a friend told me that after market chrome products made by Kuryakan are not "as good" as HD chrome accessories. He claims they are different types of chrome and the HD is better. I thought Kuryakan makes a lot of stuff that HD themselves sell? Is there any validity to his claim? Doesn't make sense to me but need folks with more experience to enlighten me. Your help on these 2 items will really be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks for the info Bill

Im also waiting for my special which color did you choose ?

2014 Stretched Bags

photo.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by jdwalu View Post
    Amber Whiskey
    2014 with stretched bags.

State
    Florida
    boaz- Nice! Who did you get your bags from? Any turning issues with them? That chopped tour pak doesn't look bad at all either.

I'm looking at the ones from True Kustom, I'll probably order some next week if I can make a decision.
    2014 Daytona Blue Pearl

Thanks, I got them from [URL="http://www.sinisterindustries.com/"] no turning issues at all they are only a 4" stretch so plenty of clearance.

State
    Florida
    Excellent, been looking at those as well. Thanks!
    2014 Daytona Blue Pearl