Indian Chieftan vs HD Streetglide Special shootout Video

I like tight and twisty so looks like I made the right pick!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Here's the Motorcycle.com comparison article: Street Glide Special VS Chieftain

Cycle World Reported:
Power output:
HD 76.8 HP @ 4820rpm and 97.1 ft lbs @ 3520rpm
Indian 75.6 HP @ 4160rpm and 107.5 ft lbs @ 2860rpm

Weight:
HD 780 lbs tank empty
Indian 827 lbs tank empty

Quarter mile Times:
HD 13.29 @ 97.32mph
Indian 13.43@ 96.34mph

Engine Dyno Copmparison from Motorcycle.com below.

Wow, the Harley really pulls on top. The H-D SE intake kit (with H-D tune) raises the rev-limiter to 6200 rpm.
More info on that in my StreetGlide.com Blog here: Screamin Eagle Intake

If you're gonna race an Indian and want to win, you'll have to rev your Harley all the way out to 5900 or 6200 with the SE kit.

2014-Harley-Davidson-Street-Glide-Special-vs-Indian-Chieftain-hp-torque-dyno.jpg

Thanks for the extra info! I will be getting a Dyno for mine in the spring.

Nice information - Going to go with the PC 5 and RHart 4" True Duals with Ness Air Cleaner then Dyno tuned by Cycle Solutions in the next few weeks.

That was a good review , But one of my favorite things is when I'm not out putting miles on my SG I like to personalize my bike . Every Harley I ever had I made my own . Indian bikes are loaded up with so much stuff it's hard to make it your own . just my opinion oh and I hate fender skirts .

I prefer the older Indians, these just look too overdone to me. I certainly wouldn't trade my SG for one but i'm sure the Indian will appeal to many.

Considered the Chieftain before purchasing the SGS. However, the nearest Indian dealer to my location is 258 miles away and Harley is 18 miles, so it was a no brainer!

Thanks for the post and enjoyed the review.

Indians have come a long way... but they just don't appeal to me as Harleys do... and furthermore... as stated... not much in the way of personalizing them.

While riding the Dragon back in Sept, I ran across a guy with a new red one. He said if he had it to do all over again he wouldn't. I asked why - He said a lack of service dept. knowledge and lack of readily available accessories limited his enjoyment. He did love the bike though.
I thought about that for awhile and realized we as Harley riders/owners take all that for granted (but I'm not complaining!). :D

Road the Indian with my wife a few times before buying Ultra. Seemed roomier, my wife said she liked the back seat area better. I perceived less toque from the Indian from stops, so loaded up with my wife and I, that was a serious negative. And like others said, they aren't really customizable, they already have the retro Indian look. If I hadn't bought the Ultra, I would have bout a Victory CC tour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraser24SG