Pickard or HHI trees for a 23" wheel

N2DEEP

Oct 12, 2015
Looking to get some opinions on which trees to buy to run a 23" wheel on a 2016 SGS, and why would you buy them over the other brands out there. And is it really worth it to pick a 23" wheel over a 21" wheel? For the setup I'm wanting, to upgrade from a 21" to 23" is around $1700 difference, including the trees, fender, paint, plus the difference in the price of the wheels. I have a few months to decide. This is going to be my winter project, just trying to get all my ducks in a row.

I did the 23 and glad I did. I got to see a 21 on stock trees and stock fender beside a 23 on 7 degree trees and RC fender side by side. The 23 looked right. I did RC 7 degree trees which is actually made by American Suspension. The bike rides better with the raked trees and larger wheel.

Don't forget about the fairing when you rake the trees. The headlight will be pointing 7 degrees higher. I cut the fairing and corrected that. Not sure if there is enough adjustment in the headlight to correct it, but every custom builder I talked to said to cut the fairing and correct it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraser24SG