Using aftermarket receiver

The only way to get an aftermarket stereo to work with the stock hand controls would be to also purchase an aftermarket module that would interface with the hand controls and the aftermarket radio. It seems like I have seen something like this on the market but I can't recall who the manufacturer was. If I happen to remember, I will post it on here.

My concern with using an aftermarket radio is the weather. Would rain mess it up or is it Marine grade?!?!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

My concern with using an aftermarket radio is the weather. Would rain mess it up or is it Marine grade?!?!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I would definitely recommend going with a marine grade radio. As Bill mentioned, you can get a cover for the radio but if you go that route then you have to mess around with the cover which would personally drive me nuts....lol....patience isn't my virtue! :0)

Biketronics and hawg wired both make a adapter for hand controls. As far as a deck go with the tune tray Sony ms60 Marine grade deck. Has storage for a USB drive or an iPod inside the deck. Great radio

I would definitely recommend going with a marine grade radio. As Bill mentioned, you can get a cover for the radio but if you go that route then you have to mess around with the cover which would personally drive me nuts....lol....patience isn't my virtue! :0)

What type of covers are available? And are they universal? I'm considering an aftermarket unit, but its not marine grade. It's a Clarion. If I can simply snap a cover over it, that might work.

What type of covers are available? And are they universal? I'm considering an aftermarket unit, but its not marine grade. It's a Clarion. If I can simply snap a cover over it, that might work.

All of the covers I have seen are for a particular radio model so I'm not entirely sure if there are 'universal' covers our there. Might try doing a Google search??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ddogg14