Prospect
    City
    Springdale
    State
    Maryland

Guess my sales person sold me a dream

Traded up my 2011 on this 2020 cause the sales person told me I could use CarPlay..... that was it... otherwise I had no real reason to trade up other than to get a fresh new clean slate...

blown that it requires a few accessories to make it work

ive ordered the 7pin mic kit.. going to see if I can get it working without actually buying the WHIM..

if you are thinking of getting one for the CarPlay feature make sure it is equipped with a headset adapter either wireless or the 7pin

Prospect
    City
    Laconia
    State
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpryorsays View Post
    Traded up my 2011 on this 2020 cause the sales person told me I could use CarPlay..... that was it... otherwise I had no real reason to trade up other than to get a fresh new clean slate...

blown that it requires a few accessories to make it work

ive ordered the 7pin mic kit.. going to see if I can get it working without actually buying the WHIM..

if you are thinking of getting one for the CarPlay feature make sure it is equipped with a headset adapter either wireless or the 7pin
    I got a 2019 on 9/19/2020. You need either a wired or wireless headset connected and your phone needs to be connected to the USB port as well. Also be advised only compatible HD headsets work. The regular half helmet wired will not work you must get the premium half helmet wired one if you go that route. After trial and error three headsets (wired) later I am happy to report Apple CarPlay does in fact work on my 2019 FLHXS. If you need further details, feel free to reach out to me.

2019 FLHXS Barracuda Silver - V&H 450 Raider Slip-ons -
    Stage II (SE Torque Cam-SE Heavy Breather-SE Pro Tuner) -
    Custom Seat by Mean City Cycles - King Tour Pack from Advanblack -
    Various blacked out parts

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    Carplay works just fine . . . . . . . . . . . . . IF you don't want to talk-reply-answer. All I use it for is traffic maps. I upgraded to the GTS Boombox on my 2018 115th Anniversary model and I'm happy. It was a direct plug n play with the revised GTS model radio. I don't need a microphone and If I listen to music I rely on BT earbuds for Iphone or USB stik.
    2018 FLHXANV
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Reinhart Slip Ons l 4 Point detach l Low Pillion l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr LED's l Halo headlight l Ciro tail & bag LED lights l Chrome forks/calipers/Chrome Enforcer wheel l
    115 Anniversary Chopped Tour Pak
    .l Chrome Controls l Painted Fairing l Boombox GTS-Boom ll Speakers l Hard Lowers
    l Alarm.