Prospect
    City
    Springdale
    State
    Maryland

Vance Hines big radius question

Putting this in my 2020 sg.

Will I need to add a power commander or some type of fuel mapping tool with the new pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prospect
    City
    Cochranville
    State
    Pennsylvania
    I had harley auto tuner with those pipes and decel pop was pretty bad. Some people don't mind it. A good tuner will take most of it away but not all.
    Last edited by 17M8SGSP; 09-01-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Prospect
    City
    Springdale
    State
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by 17M8SGSP View Post
    No but the decel pop will be there. Even a tune won't get rid of all of it. just the the way they are.
    Totally ok with the pop...

I know this is the billion dollar question but will this void my warranty if I DIY it? I know H-D says some times the stuff has to be installed by them or the bike is a 800lb paperweight

City
    Luck
    State
    Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpryorsays View Post
    I know this is the billion dollar question but will this void my warranty if I DIY it? I know H-D says some times the stuff has to be installed by them or the bike is a 800lb paperweight
    I've read the factory warranty. If you install an exhaust that makes your bike emissions non-compliant (no cat converter), the powertrain portion of your warranty is gone. A dealer may tell you otherwise, and choose to not report the non-compliant exhaust to corporate. Who knows what will happen travelling on the road to an unknown dealer. If you use an aftermarket tuner, the H-D digital tech software will flag your warranty to corporate automatically, nothing the dealer can do about it.
    2019 FLHCS

Prospect
    City
    Springdale
    State
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkss View Post
    I've read the factory warranty. If you install an exhaust that makes your bike emissions non-compliant (no cat converter), the powertrain portion of your warranty is gone. A dealer may tell you otherwise, and choose to not report the non-compliant exhaust to corporate. Who knows what will happen travelling on the road with an unknown dealer. If you use an aftermarket tuner, the H-D digital tech software will flag your warranty to corporate automatically, nothing the dealer can do about it.
    Great info! I was just going to put the pipe on. This is my first new bike so I didnít know the first thing about a warranty. I just needed my bike louder.. but with the pip coming in at 800... I didnít want to spend an extra 3-400 for the tuner. (From H-D)

Again Iím 100% green tho so idk if this is considered full exhaust or slip on or.. what.. I have a considerable ablont of tools and donít mind wrenching my own.. if I can put this pipe on and ride Iím good... if I gotta get fuel command device and maps Iíll just go back and grab some slip one ..

City
    Luck
    State
    Wisconsin
    You should use the H-D Street tuner with those pipes or slip-on mufflers. As I said, no warranty with no cat converters. Those pipes do not have catalytic converters.
    2019 FLHCS

Prospect
    City
    Springdale
    State
    Maryland
    You should use the H-D Street tuner with those pipes or slip-on mufflers. As I said, no warranty with no cat converters. Those pipes do not have catalytic converters.
    Cool! Going to put the pipes on myself (to save on labor) and have them install the street tuner

Prospect
    City
    Springdale
    State
    Maryland
    Update. Took delivery of the exhaust today and returned it. Iím going to get a slip on and call it a day. Iíll wait till Iím out of warranty to spice it up

City
    Luck
    State
    Wisconsin
    H-D has great running stage kits with full warranty. Do a Stage II kit with the 447 torque cam. It's a huge gain in performance.
    2019 FLHCS

Prospect
    City
    Springdale
    State
    Maryland
    H-D has great running stage kits with full warranty. Do a Stage II kit with the 447 torque cam. It's a huge gain in performance.
    Good stuff.. I wasnít even looking for speed.. more so just wanted the bike robot sound like a Honda.. but Iím going to just let the stealership rob me slightly