City
    Front Royal
    State
    Virginia

Sony XAV-AX7000 Connection Loss

I have started to lose my Apple Car Play connectivity on my Sony XAV-AX7000. I have noticed that it tends to happen when I hit a bump. I would think it is a hard wire connection issue but when I check my phone I can see that it is still charging. Doesn't that mean it is connected?

Thanks for any input.

Ride safe.

Elliott
    Ride Safe,

Elliott
    2015 FLHXS - Amber Whiskey

City
    Garden of England
    State
    N/A
    i read that cable length on USB1 can be a factor....

how are you connected?

OEM phone cable is recommended, no extenders. However I'm personally running a 6'6" good quality cable to the saddle bag, and like you I only get loss when I hit bumps.
    Just awaiting an OEM charging cable to test Android Auto loss on the move (it all works fine in the garage).

I'm also very new to the Sony, about a week, so I also had bluetooth switched on etc. Not really had chance to get to know my install yet
    2017 FLHXS STREET GLIDE SPECIAL

City
    Garden of England
    State
    N/A
    having switched to a Google made 3' USB-A to C cable in the utility tray of my saddlebag...
    jacked into the 6'6" good quality extender from USB1 on the radio, down the spine of the bike, under the seat and into the bag...

Not a single loss since I connected!

seems to be all about the quality of the connecting cable rather than the length IMHO
    2017 FLHXS STREET GLIDE SPECIAL