City
    Punta Gorda
    State
    Florida

The old oil in the air cleaner problem

I don't know about other riders but I am tired of hearing it s what it is from dealers on the oil in my air cleaner....looking to find some sort of solution that will work. So far I have looked at dipsticks, air breather bypasses and now oil pump/cam chest upgrades. Would love to hear what other riders if they have this problem and what they have done to fix it.

Mike
    2018 Street Glide Industrial Gray matte finish
    Bassani pipes and cans
    King Tour Pak
    K&N High Flow Air Filter
    Vance and Hines FP3
    Mike
    2018 Street Glide in Industrial Grey Denim

City
    Jackson
    State
    Mississippi
    Quote Originally Posted by muskie43 View Post
    I don't know about other riders but I am tired of hearing it s what it is from dealers on the oil in my air cleaner....looking to find some sort of solution that will work. So far I have looked at dipsticks, air breather bypasses and now oil pump/cam chest upgrades. Would love to hear what other riders if they have this problem and what they have done to fix it.

Mike
    2018 Street Glide Industrial Gray matte finish
    Bassani pipes and cans
    King Tour Pak
    K&N High Flow Air Filter
    Vance and Hines FP3

I never had that issue. I had a 2015 and never had that problem. Not sure what it is.

City
    Front Royal
    State
    Virginia
    Iíve got a 2015 and the blow by was horrible. I engine brake which increases blow by. I think it absolutely sucks that Harley reroutes blow by oil through the induction module (throttle body). The carbon build up on my piston heads was really bad. It was a big contributor to my having to do a top end overhaul at 50k. During reassembly I added a catch can. Iíve currently got it routed up from the breather holes in the cylinder head to between the top of the rocker boxes and the underside of the frameís backbone and then back to the right side panel. I zip tied my catch can to the bracket that holds the ABS module. Iím not thrilled with the way the tubing is routed and I have a bit of an oil drip from the fittings. The plus side is that I donít get oil in my air cleaner or back into the combustion chamber.

https://www.dkcustomproducts.com/all...es-c76-220.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ride Safe,

Elliott
    2015 FLHXS - Amber Whiskey

City
    Front Royal
    State
    Virginia
    I just thought of this too. What color is the oil you are seeing? It could be that you are saturating the K&N with its oil and that is what you are seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ride Safe,

Elliott
    2015 FLHXS - Amber Whiskey

City
    Monona
    State
    Iowa
    When I put a Ness CAI on it I had that problem.
    Quite irritating!
    I switched to a Screamin' Eagle CAI and haven't had it since.
    Going on 8,000 miles now!
    I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol...
    2017 FLHX
    S&S Sidewinder
    Screamin Eagle intake.
    S&S 465 cam
    Legend suspension
    Superior Blue

Prospect
    City
    Clayton
    State
    North Carolina
    I had this problem on 3 different Harleys. After some researching and personal testing I tried what other riders recommended of taking a few ounces of oil out.

I run my bike at about 3/4 full on the dipstick when hot. This helped tremendously and was free along with zero maintenance required.

Since I change my own fluids I just a little less oil each time.

Prospect
    City
    Snellville
    State
    Georgia
    I have a 14 street glide with 140k plus miles and have the same problem. Will try your option of running a little less oil. Thanks

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    4Qts ONLY at Oil + filter change. Never have the problem.
    2018 FLHXANV
    M8-107 l Stage 1 l Reinhart Slip Ons l 4 Point detach l 2021 CVO seat l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr LED's l Halo headlight l Ciro tail & bag LED lights l Chrome forks & calipers l Chrome Enforcer wheel l
    115 Anniversary Chopped Tour Pak
    .l Chrome Controls l Painted inner Fairing l Boombox GTS-Boom l Speakers l Hard Lowers
    l Alarm, heated Kahuna grips.