Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2014 Street Glide Special with Sirius Satelite upgrade

Hi all, I have been planning to purchase a 2014 SGS and add the Sirius Radio upgrade, as I have it in my other vehicles. Does anyone have any feedback as to how well it works on the SGS compared to a car.

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    I don't know of anyone who has it, there are lots of free streaming Apps out there now for smart phones as an alternative.
    2018 FLHXANV
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Reinhart Slip Ons l 4 Point detach l Low Backrest l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr LED's l Halo headlight l Ciro tail & bag LED lights
    l CVO seat l Chrome forks/calipers/chrome Enforcer wheel l
    115 Anniversary Razor Tour Pak
    .l Painted Fairing l Boombox GTS-Boom ll Speakers l Hard Lowers l Alarm.

City
    Sacramento
    State
    California
    Curtis I have been thinking of getting it as well but haven't heard any feed back on it either
    2014 SGS charcoal pearl
    Blacked out
    Head and motor work
    14" wild one chubby's
    Supertrapp 2-1

City
    Homestead
    State
    Florida
    Can't see paying for Sirius and the monthly charge when there are plenty of streaming apps that work great!

Spotify
    Amazon Music (free with Prime)
    Pandora
    Google Music
    Tune-in Radio
    Grooveshark
    Last.fm
    Mog
    Rhapsody
    Slacker Radio
    Soundcloud
    Rdio
    Songza
    Tune-in Radio

Yes some are a pay service but no more than Sirius

or load up a USB drive with all your fav tunes as this for me provides the best sounding tunes...

Look Here

2014 FLHXS:
    Blackened Cayenne Sunglo

RH Racing 4″; Wind Splitter 7"; Jac-Knife Highway Pegs; Catted Header & Jackpot X-Over Kit; Rear Saddlebag Guards
    Battistini C-Thru Set; Auxiliary Passing Lamps; SE Performance Plugs & Wires; SE Agitator AC; CVO Solo; CD Turn Signals
    Floorboard Extensions; Powder Coat Fuel Console; Gauge Trim Kit; Soundz Customz Level IV w/Moto 600.4
    Motodynamic's DayMakers; DYI Air Ride; Legacy Baggers Latch Covers; Power Vision w/Zumo Mount; SiriusXM®

City
    Orlando
    State
    Florida
    Welcome CurtisD.

I agree with the others. I use apps on my IPhone. I would rather spend that money on something else for my SG or the oil change...
    OneShotOopsMyToe
    2014 SG Special
    Vivid Black

iTunes Radio

Sent from the mobile leash
    2014 FLHXS
    Tuning By FuelMoto via DynoJet Power Vision
    V&H Dresser Duals with CFR Mufflers
    SE Stage 1 with stock cover Blacked out
    HD Black Saddle Bag Guards
    HD Standard hight Sissybar
    HD Luggage Rack
    MeanCityCycles modded seat
    Custom Dynamics LED front and rear with Smoked Lenses
    HD Auxiliary Light Buckets with LED Daymaker Bulbs
    HD Daymaker Projector Headlight

City
    Sacramento
    State
    California
    Which all work fine but I don't have unlimited data so that could get expensive and we get XM in our vehicles for like $6.95 a month so it can be pretty cheap
    2014 SGS charcoal pearl
    Blacked out
    Head and motor work
    14" wild one chubby's
    Supertrapp 2-1

City
    Battle Mountain
    State
    Nevada
    Have sirius radio in my pickup & car but when they told me at the dealership how much it was I had to say no. Why don't you have it installed and let us know how it works?? Thinking in the next year or so someone will come up with a cheaper alternative for us to use. There has to be someone on here who has done this upgrade right?? We must all be cheap lol

2014 Mysterious Red Sunglo
    Stage 1 D&D Boss Fat Cat 2-1 exhaust FP3 tuner
    JW Speaker E2, Custom Dynamic running and tails, 8 plasma rods
    Soundz Customz level 5 Carbon Iron series, 5x7 lids
    Color matched inner fairing and King tour pack with lowers
    Fork fangs, Fairing deflectors, REDA bag bolts

City
    Fayetteville
    State
    North Carolina
    I stream Pandora everyday, aprox 3000 miles in two months and barely used over 1 gig of data each month. Streaming is quite efficient these days.

Quote Originally Posted by evlink2006 View Post
    I stream Pandora everyday, aprox 3000 miles in two months and barely used over 1 gig of data each month. Streaming is quite efficient these days.
    All those solutions are great especially when you're in the USA, but if you're up here in the Great White North, that streaming can be quite expensive....as they've really not figured out yet how to do it efficiently, because if they did they wouldn't make as much money.
    now saying that

If you already have sirius/xm account you can add your bike for 5 bucks a month onto your existing account....the only caveat with that is if you're logged in from your phone, and try to log in somewhere else, it won't let you because apparently you're already logged in....seems while the streaming has gotten efficient, the multiple location login's hasn't

I have it on my bike, and it works well, because let's face it, once you've heard all the tunes on your iphone/ipod/mp3 player, 600 times, it tends to get old.
    the bitch I have is: You can get sirius radio in your home, car/truck, but for a motorcycle it's xm only, and while it's the same company, they're separate, which is a pain. I tried adding the bike to my existing sirius account and was told I couldn't because it's an XM module, not so in the states apparently

Yet another reason canadian Harley products suck
    Real Men Ride Women with Harley's
    2014 Street Glide Special, in 2 colour black