Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daytona Helmets

City
    Middle of
    State
    Missouri
    Lately I've heard several people talk about the akoury ak1. It looks like a great option for a half helmet. Great strap, low profile, etc.
    For those that have one, did you order it online, or did you find it in a brick-mortar store? Thanks.
    Mandrew
    2014 FLHXS
    Custom paint by CC CustomGraphics
    C&S Speed Shop tune
    SE heavy breather elite AC
    SE high flow exhaust
    Soundz Customz Level IV Audio
    Focal 165KRC speakers and Arc Audio KS125.2 Amp
    AirFx rear air ride
    HD premium low profile front
    Gloss black front fork
    HHI hidden front axle
    Xtreme Machine Launch from Coastal Moto
    Long ride shields
    Custom Dynamics turn signals and plasma rods
    HD hidden antenna
    Daymaker Headlight
    HD Garage Door Opener
    Corbin Classic Solo

City
    Sequim
    State
    Washington
    I have the AK-88 and i wont wear anything else! I ordered mine off of their website and it shipped for around $120 ish from Montreal or somewhere. The quick disconnect is soo sweet but the placement of the latch bugs me a little right under the chin. I have atleast 10 helmets and it's my "go to". I did find mine on the big side too, so when I order again I am sizing down.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    Lately I've heard several people talk about the akoury ak1. It looks like a great option for a half helmet. Great strap, low profile, etc.
    For those that have one, did you order it online, or did you find it in a brick-mortar store? Thanks.
    2014 Street Glide Special (first Harley ever)
    Mainly stock except for Full Boom upgrade and Wolo horn

City
    Middle of
    State
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by 360rider View Post
    I have the AK-88 and i wont wear anything else! I ordered mine off of their website and it shipped for around $120 ish from Montreal or somewhere. The quick disconnect is soo sweet but the placement of the latch bugs me a little right under the chin. I have atleast 10 helmets and it's my "go to". I did find mine on the big side too, so when I order again I am sizing down.....
    Ah- so that is why they charge $25 for shipping.
    I normally wear a full face modular helmet, except for my two mile rides to work. I've heard good things recently, so I'm curious to check out their helmet.
    What is your hat size and what size helmet do you have? I saw a review from a guy that said their large helmet seemed to run small.
    Mandrew
    2014 FLHXS
    Custom paint by CC CustomGraphics
    C&S Speed Shop tune
    SE heavy breather elite AC
    SE high flow exhaust
    Soundz Customz Level IV Audio
    Focal 165KRC speakers and Arc Audio KS125.2 Amp
    AirFx rear air ride
    HD premium low profile front
    Gloss black front fork
    HHI hidden front axle
    Xtreme Machine Launch from Coastal Moto
    Long ride shields
    Custom Dynamics turn signals and plasma rods
    HD hidden antenna
    Daymaker Headlight
    HD Garage Door Opener
    Corbin Classic Solo

City
    Sequim
    State
    Washington
    I wear a 7 1/4 fitted hat and I bought a medium, and I wish I bought a small. I can't endorse these helmets enough and every person I ride with is jealous of the helmet but don't want to spend the cash without trying one their size. I have a small head for a 6' 230lb guy so none of my fat friends can even fit mine on their extremely large heads, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    Ah- so that is why they charge $25 for shipping.
    I normally wear a full face modular helmet, except for my two mile rides to work. I've heard good things recently, so I'm curious to check out their helmet.
    What is your hat size and what size helmet do you have? I saw a review from a guy that said their large helmet seemed to run small.
    2014 Street Glide Special (first Harley ever)
    Mainly stock except for Full Boom upgrade and Wolo horn

City
    CARROLLTON
    State
    Texas
    My Army nephew was over, trying to give me one of his special forces helmets to ride the bike with. Said the guys on base with bikes would just use those and night vision googles to ride at night. HA.. I tried one.. they ain't comfortable.. but those suckers are hard as a rock.
    Welcome to Texas, where the forecasts are made up and the seasons don't matter

2014 SGS Mysterious Red
    Rinehart Chrome 4" Slip-on, Rear Saddlebag Guards, Khrome Werks +2 Sweeper Bar Narrow Handlebars, Progressive shocks, Tall Boy floorboard lowering, Ultra 8", JW Speaker EVO2, HD Pro Tuner, Soft Brake, Kuryakyn Backrest, Kuryakyn Kinetic Grips/Throttle Boss, Saddle Bag Locks, Turn Sig Ext Caps, Air Deflector, CD 8" Mega Plasma Rod, JL Audio XD 400, AD CX-62s, BT355, Shoei Neotec.

City
    Corona
    State
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by CrBear View Post
    My Army nephew was over, trying to give me one of his special forces helmets to ride the bike with. Said the guys on base with bikes would just use those and night vision googles to ride at night. HA.. I tried one.. they ain't comfortable.. but those suckers are hard as a rock.
    He can give me one I'd wear it with pride. Lol

City
    East Valley
    State
    Arizona
    I bought a German helmet from Daytona and I had to go with 4XL and I still have to trim the foam inside to fit my melon inside that helmet. It still won't fit me right, it looks as I have a bowl (upside down) on my head...good thing I did not pay much for it....ugh!

Shoei is the only helmet that fits me perfect. I have such a large melon 3XL and kind of square head, I have the hardest time finding the right fit. I tried HJC, Gmax, Bilt, Scorpion and none of them fit right, I get headache after wearing them for 5 minutes. When I went to CycleGear to get a helmet we tried almost the brands and Shoei is the only one that fits me and I was able to fit into 2XL. When the sales guy brought it to me and told me it was 2XL and said it'll fit me I told him good luck and bring a cutter just in case it'll not come off if I force my head to go in.....he laugh. I forced my head in and WOW.....it fits without any pinch or pressure. Then I was thinking now how do I get it off.....pull both straps and it came off. I did not care what the price tag was I bought it. I love that helmet, the only one that fits me perfect. I will buy another one if I am ready for one. Shoei XL1100 2XL Flat black
    '15 FLHX, Vivid Black, ton of upgrades to list!