Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Speakers in helmet?

Anyone have speakers in their helmet? I have a Shoei full face and an HD wired headset with mic. I think it's for a half helmet but people say when talking to me they can't tell I'm on my bike. And I love love listening to music while riding. But the cord looks goofy. So anyone have a wireless setup maybe using Bluetooth that works with the Boom! Harley system?

City
    Homestead
    State
    Florida
    No Bluetooth sync it sucks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

2014 FLHXS:
    Blackened Cayenne Sunglo

RH Racing 4″; Wind Splitter 7"; Jac-Knife Highway Pegs; Catted Header & Jackpot X-Over Kit; Rear Saddlebag Guards
    Battistini C-Thru Set; Auxiliary Passing Lamps; SE Performance Plugs & Wires; SE Agitator AC; CVO Solo; CD Turn Signals
    Floorboard Extensions; Powder Coat Fuel Console; Gauge Trim Kit; Soundz Customz Level IV w/Moto 600.4
    Motodynamic's DayMakers; DYI Air Ride; Legacy Baggers Latch Covers; Power Vision w/Zumo Mount; SiriusXM®

Founding Member
    City
    Jackson
    State
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by wildchld View Post
    No Bluetooth sync it sucks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
    Not for long. I'm working on a Bluetooth link that will interface to the HD radio. It will just transmit the radio audio over a Bluetooth link to any headset. I'm in the beginning stages of development right now. Should have a prototype in a month or so.
    -----------------------------------
    2015 Street Glide Special

-Paul Yaffe RoadHouse 400 with JVC head unit
    -Paul Yaffe tank with superstretch side covers, bags and fender
    -Python Rayzor 2:1 pipe
    -21" RC front wheel, rotors and fender
    -HD chrome fork lowers
    -HD Elite Heavy Breather
    -Power Commander 5
    -DIY Air Ride
    -LePera seat
    -JW Speaker Evolution 2 Headlight
    -Lots more stuff....

City
    Homestead
    State
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
    Not for long. I'm working on a Bluetooth link that will interface to the HD radio. It will just transmit the radio audio over a Bluetooth link to any headset. I'm in the beginning stages of development right now. Should have a prototype in a month or so.
    Ok sounds interesting will this be a separate device? From what I understand this is a protocol issue. As of right now I pair my phone with the headset for calls. There is a device or 2 that you can use as a hub to pair to the HD Radio and headset. One is a Sena product

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

2014 FLHXS:
    Blackened Cayenne Sunglo

RH Racing 4″; Wind Splitter 7"; Jac-Knife Highway Pegs; Catted Header & Jackpot X-Over Kit; Rear Saddlebag Guards
    Battistini C-Thru Set; Auxiliary Passing Lamps; SE Performance Plugs & Wires; SE Agitator AC; CVO Solo; CD Turn Signals
    Floorboard Extensions; Powder Coat Fuel Console; Gauge Trim Kit; Soundz Customz Level IV w/Moto 600.4
    Motodynamic's DayMakers; DYI Air Ride; Legacy Baggers Latch Covers; Power Vision w/Zumo Mount; SiriusXM®

Founding Member
    City
    Jackson
    State
    Tennessee
    The way I understand it, the HD radio has no provision internally to send audio out over a Bluetooth link. It can only bring data in. It's a one way link. The device I'm working on would connect to the radio speaker output and send audio over a Bluetooth link. It would be a separate device and would actually work with any audio source and send audio via A2DP. Most Bluetooth headset use this profile.

There are Bluetooth transmitters available that are designed to connect to your TV or any other line level audio source, but I couldn't find anything that would work with a speaker level input. My plan is to have a separate volume control on the Bluetooth side so you can listen to the speakers, the headset or both.

I was told that the reason HD doesn't want to add a Bluetooth out link is because it would open them up to be compatible with just about any headset on the planet, which doesn't coincide with their proprietary business model. I'll bet at some point they offer a Bluetooth out link via a separate module add-on. They may even go so far as to come up with their own audio profile, which would make it compatible to only their headset.

-HD chrome fork lowers
    -HD Elite Heavy Breather
    -Power Commander 5
    -DIY Air Ride
    -LePera seat
    -Lots more stuff....

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    That sounds Like What the Motor Company would do Road Warrior . . . . figure out a way to monetize a proprietary link!
    Unfortunately the Boombox Technology is woefully behind most everyone else as evidence in this and their GPS offering.
    I recall when I worked for SONY Broadcast, they were so busy trying to proprietize interoperability in their products that they missed many sales opportunities because of that decision. But on the plus side, the Street Glide is one great product overall!
    2017 FLHXS Velocity Red Sunglow
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Stage 1 l V&H FP3 Tuner l SE air cleaner l Cobra 909 Slip ons l Stage ll Torque
    HD Hard Lowers
    l 4 Point detach l Low Backrest l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr & Rr LED's & Plasma Rods, Halo headlight l CVO seat l Tri-Bar / Brake Taillight

PSALM 91
    Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

Founding Member
    City
    Jackson
    State
    Tennessee
    The whole "audio output over Bluetooth" thing is no different that the way it's set up in cars. You set up a Bluetooth link to the head unit which then handles phone calls via hands free. Same thing on the bike. On the bike you need the $70 cable that allows the driver to communicate. I don't know of any factory automotive systems that output Bluetooth audio to a headset....mostly because it's not required in a car. I think HD just followed their lead. The "engineers" should realize that the operating environment between the two is not quite the same. The only thing you really need is a way to stream audio (music) from the bike to the Bluetooth headset. Headsets are already capable of connecting directly to your phone. Personally, I don't even want to answer the phone while riding so I'm content to have the BT intercom between two headsets with music streaming from the bike. What we've done in the past is just connect the phone to the headsets and the wife plays DJ in the back seat.

-HD chrome fork lowers
    -HD Elite Heavy Breather
    -Power Commander 5
    -DIY Air Ride
    -LePera seat
    -Lots more stuff....

City
    Netherlands
    State
    N/A
    I had the sena M-10 http://www.sena.com/product/sm10/
    set up upon delivery with a sena smh-10 http://www.sena.com/product-category/smh-series/ confuguration. You can plug the sm-10 in the boom box, you cant use the screen for forwarding and searching songs, nor can you use the boom phone functions. The songs on your phone is streamed to the smh-10 though via bluetooth. The directions of the navigation can be heard via bleutooth as well. But you'll end up charging the smh and the sm module and have to find a good spot for the device. Just root the wired speakers under your jacket... I dropped the sena setup and ride withe the 'goofy cord' but have all the features of the boom at my disposal

2015 FLHXS Harley Davidson Street Glide Special Rushmore edition
    Vivid Black, Heated Grips and seat, Adj backrest, Lower fairings, Adj batwing wind deflectors, Hidden antenna, SoCalMotoGear headlight HID conversion, J&H Adjustable Sound slip-ons, Stage 1 Screamin Eagle air intake, TopHandVentures SissyBar, Special Forces bolts, Wired Com port, Chrome Saddlebag Guards, ClearviewShield medium windshield, Saddlebag Theft Deterrent System, Custom Dynamics 2Gen Tribar HDI

City
    York
    State
    Pennsylvania
    I really don't want to wear a headset I wear a 1/2 helmet most of the time
    If knew how to do it I would try to just add a mic to the bike maybe something in the center right behind the windshield then you could take phone call just like in a car
    mic.jpg

2014 FLHXS Vivid Black
    Crobra Power port head pipe W/SE Street Cannons
    Fuel Moto Stage 1 A/C Dynojet Power Vision PV2
    Mutazu bag extension's
    Xenon Depot H11 LED headlight bulb's
    LRS 7" Recurve windshield
    CD LED turn signals W/smoked len's
    Std. Sissy Bar & Air Wing style Luggage rack
    Streamliner Grip's & shifter pegs, HD shifter rod cover
    Chrome windshield trim , motor co front axle nut cover's
    Mid Frame Air Deflectors

Prospect
    City
    Ottawa
    State
    N/A
    Sooo...I just installed the 7 pin DIN cable to the PA and grounded it...I ran the cable under the tank and have the boot end jammed under the seat...I now need a goofy cable and half helmet kit for this to work like a CVO...I sure could use some names for the comms kit...thanks
    Last edited by Gypsy; 07-21-2015 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Spelling