Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Senior Member anesthesioloog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    City
    Netherlands
    State
    N/A
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I really don't want to wear a headset I wear a 1/2 helmet most of the time
    If knew how to do it I would try to just add a mic to the bike maybe something in the center right behind the windshield then you could take phone call just like in a car
    Attachment 7001
    You can use this item... http://allputer.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=2157
    76bfe3a69a1d28435d4992d3f1bf72a3.image.269x202.jpg

    2015 FLHXS Harley Davidson Street Glide Special Rushmore edition
    Vivid Black, Heated Grips and seat, Adj backrest, Lower fairings, Adj batwing wind deflectors, Hidden antenna, SoCalMotoGear headlight HID conversion, J&H Adjustable Sound slip-ons, Stage 1 Screamin Eagle air intake, TopHandVentures SissyBar, Special Forces bolts, Wired Com port, Chrome Saddlebag Guards, ClearviewShield medium windshield, Saddlebag Theft Deterrent System, Custom Dynamics 2Gen Tribar HDI

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
    Not for long. I'm working on a Bluetooth link that will interface to the HD radio. It will just transmit the radio audio over a Bluetooth link to any headset. I'm in the beginning stages of development right now. Should have a prototype in a month or so.
    I just did this last weekend. I connected a USB powered stereo Bluetooth transmitter to the Boom system for $30 & about 30 minutes of my time. (I had the stereo Bluetooth earbuds already). Works like a champ...I get all of the audio that would normally go to the speakers/wired headsets. No talkback though, but I was not interested in that. I just wired in to the existing headphone wire between the radio & the plug where the ($70.00) cable would go for the audio feed to the transmitter. The power is through the USB port in the glove box, so it turns on & turns off with the bike. I have my phone paired with the bike, also, just so I can see when someone calls or to get my text messages read to me by the Boom Box!

    T

  3. #13
    Founding Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    City
    Jackson
    State
    Tennessee
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by weeT View Post
    I just did this last weekend. I connected a USB powered stereo Bluetooth transmitter to the Boom system for $30 & about 30 minutes of my time. (I had the stereo Bluetooth earbuds already). Works like a champ...I get all of the audio that would normally go to the speakers/wired headsets. No talkback though, but I was not interested in that. I just wired in to the existing headphone wire between the radio & the plug where the ($70.00) cable would go for the audio feed to the transmitter. The power is through the USB port in the glove box, so it turns on & turns off with the bike. I have my phone paired with the bike, also, just so I can see when someone calls or to get my text messages read to me by the Boom Box!

    T
    Would you mind sharing your source for the BT transmitter and a schematic for the headset plug? I'd rather buy one that works than build one. I don't really need another project.

    Thanks
    -----------------------------------
    2015 Street Glide Special

    -Paul Yaffe RoadHouse 400 with JVC head unit
    -Paul Yaffe tank with superstretch side covers, bags and fender
    -Python Rayzor 2:1 pipe
    -21" RC front wheel, rotors and fender
    -HD chrome fork lowers
    -HD Elite Heavy Breather
    -Power Commander 5
    -DIY Air Ride
    -LePera seat
    -JW Speaker Evolution 2 Headlight
    -Lots more stuff....

  4. #14
    Founding Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    City
    Jackson
    State
    Tennessee
    Posts
    379
    What I'd like to do is put something like this together and post part sources and set-up instructions. Seems to be a lot of people wanting to do this. My solution would involve some knowledge of electronics assembly. An off the shelf BT transmitter would be better.
    -----------------------------------
    2015 Street Glide Special

    -Paul Yaffe RoadHouse 400 with JVC head unit
    -Paul Yaffe tank with superstretch side covers, bags and fender
    -Python Rayzor 2:1 pipe
    -21" RC front wheel, rotors and fender
    -HD chrome fork lowers
    -HD Elite Heavy Breather
    -Power Commander 5
    -DIY Air Ride
    -LePera seat
    -JW Speaker Evolution 2 Headlight
    -Lots more stuff....

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
    Would you mind sharing your source for the BT transmitter and a schematic for the headset plug? I'd rather buy one that works than build one. I don't really need another project.

    Thanks
    I was mistaken...mine was $34.95 2 weeks ago when I ordered it, but when I looked today, it is $37.99! Wassup widdat? I got free shipping 'cause I ordered some other stuff with it. Anyhow, here's the link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Brightech-trad...2%3A2661618011

    I'm at work so I can't do the schematic right now....I'll work on it tonight. I just used an old 3.5mm stereo cable I had in my junk drawer & cut off the male end for connecting the transmitter to the wiring harness, & plugged it in to my USB Jack in the glove box for power. I have a 2014 Street Glide Special, so I don't have a headset plug (& I didn't want to spend $70 for a harness I didn't need). The bonus with this unit is that it is powered from the bike & will pair with 2 headsets, so my passenger can listen, too.

    I'll see if I can come up with a wiring diagram later...

    T

  6. #16
    Founding Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    City
    Jackson
    State
    Tennessee
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by weeT View Post
    I was mistaken...mine was $34.95 2 weeks ago when I ordered it, but when I looked today, it is $37.99! Wassup widdat? I got free shipping 'cause I ordered some other stuff with it. Anyhow, here's the link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Brightech-trad...2%3A2661618011

    I'm at work so I can't do the schematic right now....I'll work on it tonight. I just used an old 3.5mm stereo cable I had in my junk drawer & cut off the male end for connecting the transmitter to the wiring harness, & plugged it in to my USB Jack in the glove box for power. I have a 2014 Street Glide Special, so I don't have a headset plug (& I didn't want to spend $70 for a harness I didn't need). The bonus with this unit is that it is powered from the bike & will pair with 2 headsets, so my passenger can listen, too.

    I'll see if I can come up with a wiring diagram later...

    T
    Cool. I'll put it all together in a pfd and post it here. I think that would satisfy the need of most people looking for Bluetooth music to a headset.
    -----------------------------------
    2015 Street Glide Special

    -Paul Yaffe RoadHouse 400 with JVC head unit
    -Paul Yaffe tank with superstretch side covers, bags and fender
    -Python Rayzor 2:1 pipe
    -21" RC front wheel, rotors and fender
    -HD chrome fork lowers
    -HD Elite Heavy Breather
    -Power Commander 5
    -DIY Air Ride
    -LePera seat
    -JW Speaker Evolution 2 Headlight
    -Lots more stuff....

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
    Cool. I'll put it all together in a pfd and post it here. I think that would satisfy the need of most people looking for Bluetooth music to a headset.
    RoadWarrior, Check your PMs...

  8. #18
    Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2015
    City
    Queen Creek
    State
    Arizona
    Posts
    6
    I purchased a Bilt brand Techno Bluetooth Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet from cyclegear for about $159.99. I was a bit hesitant at first but the salesman said he would refund my money if I didn't like it. To be honest, it's the best $160 I've spent in a long time. The speakers are awesome. I can't run them at 100%. I usually keep it paired directly with my iPhone. I can answer and make calls while riding and most people never know I'm riding. I do have to watch that I don't raise my voice while riding because the mic is sensitive enough. It doesn't need me screaming at it. Overall I'm very happy with it.
    2015 Street Glide - Satin Charcoal
    Bone stock today

  9. #19
    Administrator Mojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,075
    I've been looking at the Bell Mag 9 with the Sena Bluetooth insert
    Mag9.png
    2017 FLHXS Velocity Red Sunglow
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Stage 1 l V&H FP3 Tuner l SE air cleaner l Cobra 909 Slip ons l Stage ll Torque
    HD Hard Lowers
    l 4 Point detach l Low Backrest l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr & Rr LED's & Plasma Rods, Halo headlight l CVO seat l Tri-Bar / Brake Taillight

    PSALM 91
    Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •