Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
    City
    Custar
    State
    Ohio
    A email can take them 3 days to get back to you.... I went that route at first

City
    Punta Gorda
    State
    Florida
    If I dont hear back soon I probably will call but right now I have generic map loaded and it seems to be running good, but then I have only put a hundred or so miles on it since I installed the new mufflers and FP3.
    Mike
    2018 Street Glide in Industrial Grey Denim

Prospect
    City
    Grand Rapids
    State
    Michigan
    Muskie,

Typically you will try and find a V&H exhaust that is close to the one on your bike and start there. Autotune and ride it varying load and RPM. Look back through the thread and you will find a lot of good info on the autotune process.

Good luck and congrats on the FP3. I love mine.

City
    Fenton
    State
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by muskie43 View Post
    If I dont hear back soon I probably will call but right now I have generic map loaded and it seems to be running good, but then I have only put a hundred or so miles on it since I installed the new mufflers and FP3.
    I have a similar set up to Muskie with LA Chopper Tru-power 4" slipons, stock head pipe with CAT, and a K&N air filter in the stock airbox. When I called V&H they recommended the V&H twin slash rounds map. It worked well as is and I have since autotuned 2 or 3 times and it runs really well now without any decel pop. I just ran across a great deal on a Ness Big Sucker A/C that I plan on installing when it arrives so I did the online chat with V&H to see what map they recommend for the set up above but replacing the stock A/C with the big sucker. I was surprised when they told me the same thing, use the twin slash round map again?? When I questioned him about it he said that the maps assume you have a high flow filter already and that the FP3 adapted to my stock A/C. To me this just didn't sound right but I have not received my new A/C yet to test it but I guess I'll just do what V&H said unless you guys have any better suggestions. I started to think maybe the big sucker was a waste of money because it doesn't flow any better than stock. I started looking at some Dyno sheets on Fuel moto website and compared bone stock 77.66hp/92.17ft-lbs to a stock exhaust system plus an A/C and dyno jet tuner that was 83.04hp/95.71ft-lbs. So does this prove that the an aftermarket A/C and a tuner adds to the performance or would a tuner alone added to the stock A/C be the same since it is supposed to flow so good stock? I also looked at what I believe will be similar to my setup after adding the big sucker to my bike. It was stock head pipe, V&H slipons, Pro moto A/C and dyno jet tuner at 85.06hp/104.14ft-lbs, should I expect to be close to this set up?
    2015 FLHX - LA Chopper's 10" bars w/heated grips, LA Chopper's Tru-Power 4" slipons with stock CAT in header, Ness Big Sucker A/C, V&H FP3 tuner.

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    When I loaded my FP3 onto my M8, I rode it for a coupe of weeks first before doing an auto tune. Once I did the Stage ll, I did it again but first went into edit map mode and selected a cam to start the Auto tune with. Many people are happy with just a map and never do an auto tune.
    2017 FLHXS Velocity Red Sunglow
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Stage 1 l V&H FP3 Tuner l SE air cleaner l Cobra 909 Slip ons l Stage ll Torque
    HD Hard Lowers
    l 4 Point detach l Low Backrest l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr & Rr LED's & Plasma Rods, Halo headlight l CVO seat l Tri-Bar / Brake Taillight

PSALM 91
    Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

City
    Fenton
    State
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I have a similar set up to Muskie with LA Chopper Tru-power 4" slipons, stock head pipe with CAT, and a K&N air filter in the stock airbox. When I called V&H they recommended the V&H twin slash rounds map. It worked well as is and I have since autotuned 2 or 3 times and it runs really well now without any decel pop. I just ran across a great deal on a Ness Big Sucker A/C that I plan on installing when it arrives so I did the online chat with V&H to see what map they recommend for the set up above but replacing the stock A/C with the big sucker. I was surprised when they told me the same thing, use the twin slash round map again?? When I questioned him about it he said that the maps assume you have a high flow filter already and that the FP3 adapted to my stock A/C. To me this just didn't sound right but I have not received my new A/C yet to test it but I guess I'll just do what V&H said unless you guys have any better suggestions. I started to think maybe the big sucker was a waste of money because it doesn't flow any better than stock. I started looking at some Dyno sheets on Fuel moto website and compared bone stock 77.66hp/92.17ft-lbs to a stock exhaust system plus an A/C and dyno jet tuner that was 83.04hp/95.71ft-lbs. So does this prove that the an aftermarket A/C and a tuner adds to the performance or would a tuner alone added to the stock A/C be the same since it is supposed to flow so good stock? I also looked at what I believe will be similar to my setup after adding the big sucker to my bike. It was stock head pipe, V&H slipons, Pro moto A/C and dyno jet tuner at 85.06hp/104.14ft-lbs, should I expect to be close to this set up?
    Well I installed my Big Sucker AC this weekend and downloaded the V&H twin slash rounds map as suggested by V&H and I have to say it runs pretty damn good! I can definitely tell a difference in power and you can hear the thing sucking in air, I guess that's why it is the big sucker! So far I'm pretty happy with the suggested map. I'll probably run it as is for a tank or two and then do an autotune to see if it can get any better.
    2015 FLHX - LA Chopper's 10" bars w/heated grips, LA Chopper's Tru-Power 4" slipons with stock CAT in header, Ness Big Sucker A/C, V&H FP3 tuner.

City
    Tropea (VV) - Italy
    State
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by NGOT8R View Post
    Rev, I'll add that you can also use the dyno with your FP3 in auto tune mode to help you with populating the cells in your tune by paying close attention to which cells and what throttle positions on your FP3 graph are in need of work. If you then pull up the TPS monitor feature of your FP3 and let's say for example, you need a lot of work in the 5% TPS column; you would hold the throttle steady at 5% and let the engine rev all the way to redline. Then repeat this process for all other areas of your tune where work is needed and you will speed up the process of populating the cells that are in need of attention. I learned this from my buddy who used to own a dyno. This is what we did on my bike with my Thundermax in auto tune mode. I actually sat on my bike and rode it on the dyno while my buddy stood next to me to coach me along. If you have no dyno available to you, then you will have to find a nice long stretch of road (preferably one with no traffic) and attempt the above procedure as best you can to help populate the cells.
    Long deserted road... In Italy? You must be kidding me... Huahuahuahua

Inviato dal mio BLA-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Il rubinetto di Chuck Norris non perde... VINCE.

'15 FLHXS Denim Black
    Bassani 3.5" Slash cut mufflers
    V&H FP3

Prospect
    City
    Fairmont
    State
    Minnesota
    Installed my FP3 on Saturday evening. Went riding for about an hour or so and WOW! What a difference. I am running RCX 4.5" mufflers and went with the OS slip-on canned map for now. Massive change from stock ECM program. Can't wait to dive in a little more and get the urge to fine tune more.

City
    Vaudreuil
    State
    N/A
    I just put on RH slimline Duals and RH 4" slipons and got myself an FP3. I bought the high flow baffles and will install them Friday. I've got a canned map on there right now "V&H twin slash round with power duals" and will likely run the AT once I move to the high flow baffles.

Question - Can I just leave the FP3 on my bike indefinitely and run autotune applying every few weeks? Or is that not recommended?

City
    Fenton
    State
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by eg78 View Post
    I just put on RH slimline Duals and RH 4" slipons and got myself an FP3. I bought the high flow baffles and will install them Friday. I've got a canned map on there right now "V&H twin slash round with power duals" and will likely run the AT once I move to the high flow baffles.

Question - Can I just leave the FP3 on my bike indefinitely and run autotune applying every few weeks? Or is that not recommended?
    Yes I've never taken mine off.