Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 327
  1. #291
    Member Rev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    City
    Tropea (VV) - Italy
    State
    N/A
    Posts
    93
    Can you explain further your last post? I'm sorry but I'm not English-speaking and I'm not sure I understood it properly... Thank you

    Inviato dal mio HUAWEI NXT-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Il rubinetto di Chuck Norris non perde... VINCE.

    '15 FLHXS Denim Black
    Bassani 3.5" Slash cut mufflers
    V&H FP3

  2. #292
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    City
    corpus christi
    State
    Texas
    Posts
    1
    just got fp3 installed, flashed map and went for a ride. 2015 RG. when I got home after 30 minute ride I turned bike off and tried restarting it within 2 minutes and it took 3 attempts and finally started at end of third attempt. my bike always had a specific type of start, eg starter would engage and turn motor, then it would feel like compression was stopping its rotation momentarily (for a split second) then bike would start right up. it always started like this for the 2 years I've owned it. Now with fp3 installed, it seemed to be getting hung up on that compression stroke. It appears I can adjust the ACR using the fp3 but believe that this is done within the autotune function somehow. Looking for any guidance while I'm waiting for V&H to open for business.

  3. #293
    Administrator Spazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    City
    Reno
    State
    Nevada
    Posts
    4,948
    Quote Originally Posted by gcode View Post
    just got fp3 installed, flashed map and went for a ride. 2015 RG. when I got home after 30 minute ride I turned bike off and tried restarting it within 2 minutes and it took 3 attempts and finally started at end of third attempt. my bike always had a specific type of start, eg starter would engage and turn motor, then it would feel like compression was stopping its rotation momentarily (for a split second) then bike would start right up. it always started like this for the 2 years I've owned it. Now with fp3 installed, it seemed to be getting hung up on that compression stroke. It appears I can adjust the ACR using the fp3 but believe that this is done within the autotune function somehow. Looking for any guidance while I'm waiting for V&H to open for business.
    Was this a quick shutdown after arriving home and immediately tried to fire? How hot was the scoot? I have had a compression lock at startup on a very hot day and VERY hot bike..... 5 minutes or so of sitting and all was good. It's happened to me a few times on my 120

    2015 FLTRXS 120ST 'RAVEN'
    Boss Boarzilla | PowerVision and Target Tune | Chisel Extreme AC|Chrome Enforcer Wheels and Pulley
    Polished rotors|14" F47 Malo Bars|AN Deep Cut Grips and HD chrome levers | Chrome Sliders
    CD Dynamic Ringz LED's, Plasma Rods and TriBar | Nasty Baggers Shift Linkage
    Legacy Baggers Grill Medallions, Dash and Latch Custom Inserts | Topshop 4.5" OEM Bags
    Soundz Level IV ( 6 speakers )--Arc Audio XDI 600.4 amp, (4)Focal 165KRC's and (2)Hybrid Audio 157-2 5x7's

  4. #294
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    City
    Boston
    State
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    23
    Since adding the FP3, bike is running MUCH MICH hotter. I've the 16 Streetglide Special, Screaming Eagle Street Csnnons and SE Stage 1 air cleaner. Did the canned map and the VH Twin-Slash rounds map as suggested by VH technician. Is the HIGHER engine temp normal?
    I think the higher temp is causing this (pic) to my rear heat shield:


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #295
    Administrator Spazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    City
    Reno
    State
    Nevada
    Posts
    4,948
    Use the tune V/H suggests for a basemap for an Autotune session.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

    2015 FLTRXS 120ST 'RAVEN'
    Boss Boarzilla | PowerVision and Target Tune | Chisel Extreme AC|Chrome Enforcer Wheels and Pulley
    Polished rotors|14" F47 Malo Bars|AN Deep Cut Grips and HD chrome levers | Chrome Sliders
    CD Dynamic Ringz LED's, Plasma Rods and TriBar | Nasty Baggers Shift Linkage
    Legacy Baggers Grill Medallions, Dash and Latch Custom Inserts | Topshop 4.5" OEM Bags
    Soundz Level IV ( 6 speakers )--Arc Audio XDI 600.4 amp, (4)Focal 165KRC's and (2)Hybrid Audio 157-2 5x7's

  6. #296
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    City
    Stuttgart
    State
    N/A
    Posts
    75
    Auto tune it with 2 tank of fuel and ride like you stole it. More fuel and power creates a little heat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #297
    Founding Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    City
    Middle of nowhere
    State
    Washington
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by shaochieh.young View Post
    Auto tune it with 2 tank of fuel and ride like you stole it. More fuel and power creates a little heat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you saying the heat he's getting, (that's apparently enough to do that to his heatshield) is par for the course with a FP3?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  8. #298
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    City
    Stuttgart
    State
    N/A
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    Are you saying the heat he's getting, (that's apparently enough to do that to his heatshield) is par for the course with a FP3?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Sure not! It is a v twin and it is going to be hot anyways. Are you trying to put worlds in my post? :-)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #299
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    City
    Bell Gardens
    State
    California
    Posts
    1
    I saw something talking about sharing maps through the app, and does anyone have a guide explaining how to do adjustments or what you can do with the app. Very new to the fp3 and motorcycles. Thanks for this forum and the help.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  10. #300
    Administrator Spazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    City
    Reno
    State
    Nevada
    Posts
    4,948
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    Are you saying the heat he's getting, (that's apparently enough to do that to his heatshield) is par for the course with a FP3?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    He is prolly running lean...needs AT to adjust a bit richer

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

    2015 FLTRXS 120ST 'RAVEN'
    Boss Boarzilla | PowerVision and Target Tune | Chisel Extreme AC|Chrome Enforcer Wheels and Pulley
    Polished rotors|14" F47 Malo Bars|AN Deep Cut Grips and HD chrome levers | Chrome Sliders
    CD Dynamic Ringz LED's, Plasma Rods and TriBar | Nasty Baggers Shift Linkage
    Legacy Baggers Grill Medallions, Dash and Latch Custom Inserts | Topshop 4.5" OEM Bags
    Soundz Level IV ( 6 speakers )--Arc Audio XDI 600.4 amp, (4)Focal 165KRC's and (2)Hybrid Audio 157-2 5x7's

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •