Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    City
    Tropea (VV) - Italy
    State
    N/A
    Can you explain further your last post? I'm sorry but I'm not English-speaking and I'm not sure I understood it properly... Thank you

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI NXT-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Il rubinetto di Chuck Norris non perde... VINCE.

'15 FLHXS Denim Black
    Bassani 3.5" Slash cut mufflers
    V&H FP3

Prospect
    City
    corpus christi
    State
    Texas
    just got fp3 installed, flashed map and went for a ride. 2015 RG. when I got home after 30 minute ride I turned bike off and tried restarting it within 2 minutes and it took 3 attempts and finally started at end of third attempt. my bike always had a specific type of start, eg starter would engage and turn motor, then it would feel like compression was stopping its rotation momentarily (for a split second) then bike would start right up. it always started like this for the 2 years I've owned it. Now with fp3 installed, it seemed to be getting hung up on that compression stroke. It appears I can adjust the ACR using the fp3 but believe that this is done within the autotune function somehow. Looking for any guidance while I'm waiting for V&H to open for business.

City
    Reno
    State
    Nevada
    Quote Originally Posted by gcode View Post
    just got fp3 installed, flashed map and went for a ride. 2015 RG. when I got home after 30 minute ride I turned bike off and tried restarting it within 2 minutes and it took 3 attempts and finally started at end of third attempt. my bike always had a specific type of start, eg starter would engage and turn motor, then it would feel like compression was stopping its rotation momentarily (for a split second) then bike would start right up. it always started like this for the 2 years I've owned it. Now with fp3 installed, it seemed to be getting hung up on that compression stroke. It appears I can adjust the ACR using the fp3 but believe that this is done within the autotune function somehow. Looking for any guidance while I'm waiting for V&H to open for business.
    Was this a quick shutdown after arriving home and immediately tried to fire? How hot was the scoot? I have had a compression lock at startup on a very hot day and VERY hot bike..... 5 minutes or so of sitting and all was good. It's happened to me a few times on my 120

2015 FLTRXS 120ST 'RAVEN'
    Boss Boarzilla | PowerVision and Target Tune | Chisel Extreme AC|Chrome Enforcer Wheels and Pulley
    Polished rotors|14" F47 Malo Bars|AN Deep Cut Grips and HD chrome levers | Chrome Sliders
    CD Dynamic Ringz LED's, Plasma Rods and TriBar | Nasty Baggers Shift Linkage
    Legacy Baggers Grill Medallions, Dash and Latch Custom Inserts | Topshop 4.5" OEM Bags
    Soundz Level IV ( 6 speakers )--Arc Audio XDI 600.4 amp, (4)Focal 165KRC's and (2)Hybrid Audio 157-2 5x7's

Prospect
    City
    Boston
    State
    Massachusetts
    Since adding the FP3, bike is running MUCH MICH hotter. I've the 16 Streetglide Special, Screaming Eagle Street Csnnons and SE Stage 1 air cleaner. Did the canned map and the VH Twin-Slash rounds map as suggested by VH technician. Is the HIGHER engine temp normal?
    I think the higher temp is causing this (pic) to my rear heat shield:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City
    Reno
    State
    Nevada
    Use the tune V/H suggests for a basemap for an Autotune session.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Boss Boarzilla | PowerVision and Target Tune | Chisel Extreme AC|Chrome Enforcer Wheels and Pulley
    Polished rotors|14" F47 Malo Bars|AN Deep Cut Grips and HD chrome levers | Chrome Sliders
    Legacy Baggers Grill Medallions, Dash and Latch Custom Inserts | Topshop 4.5" OEM Bags
    Soundz Level IV ( 6 speakers )--Arc Audio XDI 600.4 amp, (4)Focal 165KRC's and (2)Hybrid Audio 157-2 5x7's

City
    Stuttgart
    State
    N/A
    Auto tune it with 2 tank of fuel and ride like you stole it. More fuel and power creates a little heat.

Founding Member
    City
    Middle of nowhere
    State
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by shaochieh.young View Post
    Auto tune it with 2 tank of fuel and ride like you stole it. More fuel and power creates a little heat.

Are you saying the heat he's getting, (that's apparently enough to do that to his heatshield) is par for the course with a FP3?

City
    Stuttgart
    State
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    Are you saying the heat he's getting, (that's apparently enough to do that to his heatshield) is par for the course with a FP3?

Sure not! It is a v twin and it is going to be hot anyways. Are you trying to put worlds in my post? :-)

Prospect
    City
    Bell Gardens
    State
    California
    I saw something talking about sharing maps through the app, and does anyone have a guide explaining how to do adjustments or what you can do with the app. Very new to the fp3 and motorcycles. Thanks for this forum and the help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

City
    Reno
    State
    Nevada
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post

He is prolly running lean...needs AT to adjust a bit richer