Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    City
    Rockwood
    State
    Tennessee
    Yes, It is very dark.. I ordered dark. I thought it would look "cool" on the white bike. I look over it so it only comes into play on a couple situations:
    -- When I'm parking in the dark garage. Can't really see up close floor obstacles in my "cluttered" garage.
    -- Occasionally, on longer hauls, I ride "cafe racer"..... I tuck behind it with my feet on the passenger pegs and an elbow on the tank and my chin cupped in my hand. It's very, very comfortable for me (back issues) in that position. If it's dark out, it reduces my vision somewhat..... but i can easily see vehicle tail lights & road reflectors. Probably won't see "critters" on the sides of the road up in the distance.
    ......... The comfort this position provides for me outweighs my reduced vision concerns.
    Clear base might be a better choice. Hindsight is 20/20. Lol.
    But I like the tinted base.

City
    mooresville
    State
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by bugdewde View Post
    Yes, It is very dark.. I ordered dark. I thought it would look "cool" on the white bike. I look over it so it only comes into play on a couple situations:
    -- When I'm parking in the dark garage. Can't really see up close floor obstacles in my "cluttered" garage.
    -- Occasionally, on longer hauls, I ride "cafe racer"..... I tuck behind it with my feet on the passenger pegs and an elbow on the tank and my chin cupped in my hand. It's very, very comfortable for me (back issues) in that position. If it's dark out, it reduces my vision somewhat..... but i can easily see vehicle tail lights & road reflectors. Probably won't see "critters" on the sides of the road up in the distance.
    ......... The comfort this position provides for me outweighs my reduced vision concerns.
    Clear base might be a better choice. Hindsight is 20/20. Lol.
    But I like the tinted base.
    Thanks for the info, Yea the Tint looks cool, This is the first bike that I can't see the front wheel on. Its taken some getting use to. I really like the looks of my stock shield a lot, It goes good with the Denim black. Makes it hard for me to pull the trigger on another style windshield . Riding with out the head bobble effect would take away from the experience.. he he. I like the looks of the Baggershield .
    Last edited by liquid1; 09-16-2017 at 10:31 PM.
    work hard to play hard
    2014 street glide special denim black 5700 miles 2nd owner
    full extended 4 year warrenty
    Arlen Ness Big sucker Stage 1
    Vance & Hines Full Dresser Header 4" Monster Black slip ons
    V&H FP3 Tuner Power Dual tune no baffles
    Convertible back rest with luggage rack
    Antenna delete
    ..Runs like a scalded cat..

1979 Shovel head low rider
    Custom build with lots of upgrades
    My youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkKl5WvU8e0&t=142s