Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    City
    Benson
    State
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by EL RUSTO View Post
    I forgot the discussion was about Street Glides, not softails, sorry.

Then is the other difference that 407/408's are HD Dealer items & AE's are Independent dealer items ?
    That is correct 407/408 can only be bought through a HD dealership
    2015 vivid black flhxs
    Chrome fork lowers, passenger foot boards, 4 pt docking hardware, fork wind deflectors, 6" windvest, elite heavy breather, d&d boss fat cat with ghost pipe, sepst,12" yaffe monkey bars with profile custom mirrors with slotted stem, upgraded fairing speakers,J&m 180w amp, daymaker led, hidden antenna, 21" renegade cinci front wheel, cd dynamic ringz and rear led, low profile premium ride single cartridge kit.

City
    Crookston
    State
    Minnesota
    I pulled the trigger on a new set of American Elites. I only have about 5-6 miles on them so it is a little early to post about my thoughts about them. I will respond when I have some miles on them.

I appreciate everyone who responded to the thread.
    2009 black street glide, 15,500 miles, stock

2007 black cherry Deuce, 18,500 miles, stock

2017 black street glide special, new

1982 Suzuki GS1100E

Prospect
    City
    TR
    State
    Wisconsin
    Just replaced my stock tire,(15) SGS. I have 18,000 miles on it, and would say there was probably another 1500 miles I could've got out of it. But we can't ride in the winter, and I didn't want to chance a flat when we go to Daytona in Feb. My tire guy says, he changes out about 60-70 of these a year, and the Donlop replacements don't last as long. Only about 10,000 miles average on the Am. Elites. I hope he's wrong, cause that's what I put on mine!
    1 note; The stock tire which is the 407 has 6 plies. The Am. Elites only have 5

Prospect
    City
    Novato
    State
    California
    I love the American Elite's. Was a fanboy of Metzler ME880's for years because they seemed to last the longest and wear evenly. Switched to the Elites last year on a buddies recommendation and won't look back. Great tire, little sticker than the Metzler but surprisingly didn't wear out any faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    As an "old geezer" I'm not too hard on tires and have found the Dunlops to be sticky and lasting. And as I understand it, they're American made.
    2017 FLHXS Velocity Red Sunglow
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Stage 1 l V&H FP3 Tuner l SE air cleaner l Cobra 909 Slip ons l Stage ll Torque
    HD Hard Lowers
    l 4 Point detach l Low Backrest l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr & Rr LED's & Plasma Rods, Halo headlight l CVO seat l Tri-Bar / Brake Taillight

PSALM 91
    Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

City
    East Valley
    State
    Arizona
    What's the average mileage out of OEM tires on our SG's? I am at 75?? miles and it doesn't look anywhere near needing a tire, not even half way! Should it last over 10k or more? I ride hard but don't do any burn outs, corner hard, brake hard sometimes landed in the middle of the traffic lights....sliding...with the bike.....LOL!!!!
    '15 FLHX, Vivid Black, ton of upgrades to list!

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    It all depends on your acceleration habits. I suspect with the added torque in the new M8, longevity will go down as people explore their "lead foot". lol
    On my 2014, I changed them at 16K+ and they still had lots of rubber left. I took advantage of a slow day after Thanksgiving dealer offer for free labor, 10% off plus a $30 gift card or I would not have changed them then! Personally, I have had excellent results with the OEM Dunlops.
    2017 FLHXS Velocity Red Sunglow
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Stage 1 l V&H FP3 Tuner l SE air cleaner l Cobra 909 Slip ons l Stage ll Torque
    HD Hard Lowers
    l 4 Point detach l Low Backrest l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr & Rr LED's & Plasma Rods, Halo headlight l CVO seat l Tri-Bar / Brake Taillight

PSALM 91
    Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

City
    Battle Mountain
    State
    Nevada
    With the stock tire I average 13,500 so far but put an Elite on the rear the last change and the front still has a way to go.

2014 Mysterious Red Sunglo
    Stage 1 D&D Boss Fat Cat 2-1 exhaust FP3 tuner
    JW Speaker E2, Custom Dynamic running and tails, 8 plasma rods
    Soundz Customz level 5 Carbon Iron series, 5x7 lids
    Color matched inner fairing and King tour pack with lowers
    Fork fangs, Fairing deflectors, REDA bag bolts

State
    Hawaii
    Quote Originally Posted by jhart94949 View Post
    I love the American Elite's. Was a fanboy of Metzler ME880's for years because they seemed to last the longest and wear evenly. Switched to the Elites last year on a buddies recommendation and won't look back. Great tire, little sticker than the Metzler but surprisingly didn't wear out any faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likewise, I went from the ME880's to the ME888's. Metzeler didnt have 19" front tires for my bike. So I got the American Elites. After a few thousand miles, found out these tires are great. I will stick with these front and back.
    2014 SG
    Rinehart 4" slipons w/Merge tips
    header cat delete
    SE air cleaner
    Power Vision auto tuner
    Custom Dynamics LED turn sigs
    Custom Dynamics LED Moonshinez
    Custom Dynamics Plasma Rods
    Advan Black Lower Fairing
    12" Wild 1 Reaper Bagger Bars
    Cycle Sounds Amp w/BT355 LL
    2- 6.5" CS Speakers
    2- 6.5" Polk Audio MM 651 Speakers
    JW Speaker Evo2 LED Headlight
    Amsoil in all 3 holes
    Mutazu saddlebag extensions
    Klockwerks Flare shield (5")
    Danny Gray Speedcradle solo seat

City
    Cedar Rapids
    State
    Iowa
    I just changed my rear tire , 14 SG right at 15K , I put an American Elite on. I know a guy who has 18K on his AE 2012 SG .