Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    City
    Nashville
    State
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by w1smc View Post
    Yes, I'm going with the 12" also .....

They look great too .....

Helo ..... It states on their website for the 12" bars .... "Need cables extended +4 and Need control wire kit #1005 and throttle by wire kit #1006" ....

Did you order these also?
    No need to extend the cables if you don't want to buy them as there is enough slack after re-routing the lines a little, but I'll probably do the cables this winter as a project just to give a little more slack. They aren't tight or anything, but you have to run them just right to make them work (the brake side specifically). As for the wiring, I bought the NAMZ plug and play switch harnesses: https://www.namzcustomcycleproducts....h_harness.html

On 2016 bikes there's no need for the throttle by wire extension either, plenty of slack. No need to de-pin that connector to run it in the bars either, it has the smaller plug compared to the 14-15 bikes.
    2016 Street Glide Custom

City
    Woodbridge
    State
    Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by Helomech74 View Post
    No need to extend the cables if you don't want to buy them as there is enough slack after re-routing the lines a little, but I'll probably do the cables this winter as a project just to give a little more slack. They aren't tight or anything, but you have to run them just right to make them work (the brake side specifically). As for the wiring, I bought the NAMZ plug and play switch harnesses: https://www.namzcustomcycleproducts....h_harness.html

On 2016 bikes there's no need for the throttle by wire extension either, plenty of slack. No need to de-pin that connector to run it in the bars either, it has the smaller plug compared to the 14-15 bikes.
    Great ..... thanks so much for the info ......
    VE Vet - USMC
    Bikes:

Me on my MV

Dyno Tuned by Rob's Dyno Services @ 163HP .....

Gone & Not Forgotten:
    2008 Ducati Multistrada - Black, 2000 Honda Shadow Sabre - Black, 198? Honda CB650 - Green

City
    Seymour
    State
    Connecticut
    How hard is the install on these, i'm pretty much a novice when it comes to wrenching on a bike. I can start it, tune the radio and fill it with gas. After that i'm pretty much all thumbs.

City
    Nashville
    State
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCT_78 View Post
    How hard is the install on these, i'm pretty much a novice when it comes to wrenching on a bike. I can start it, tune the radio and fill it with gas. After that i'm pretty much all thumbs.
    If you buy the wiring extensions or the plug and play harnesses I linked above and have some basic hand tools (Torx bits, hex bits and a supply of sockets and ratchets) it's really not all that difficult. There are plenty of how to videos out there that can help you if you have no clue how to even start. I'd suggest a service manual as well. The most "difficult" part was fishing the wires through the bars, but even that's not really that difficult, just need to take your time and have some patience with it.

I removed my gas tank and front fender to reduce the risk of damaging the paint on them. I didn't remove the entire fairing though, just the outer cover and then tilted it forward to give me access to the riser clamp.
    2016 Street Glide Custom

Prospect
    City
    Smyrna
    State
    Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Helomech74 View Post

It looks like NAMZ made some changes. Any chance you could post an updated link?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Prospect
    City
    Charleston
    State
    South Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by brick View Post

I hope this works, first time. It was an easy installation.
    Just curious....can you see out of the stock mirrors at all with the 12" bars? I really don't want to use mirrors on the bars....

Prospect
    City
    Springfield
    State
    Virginia
    You can't see anything from the batwing mirrors with the 12"...you'll need 14's at a minimum