Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    City
    Erie
    State
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by THEWHITEGUY18 View Post
    Attachment 10907Attachment 10908

    Just got here. Easy install. Felt a little too firm on first ride, but calls for 500 mile break in.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Look great! What changes were there with the riding position? Sit higher/lower; forward/back? I think I'm going to end up buying this seat, but I'm 5' 11" and already getting wind buffetting. If this shots me higher, I'm definitely going to have to swap out the windshield.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

    2017 Street Glide Special

    Charcoal Denim
    4 Point Docking Hardware
    H-D Detachable Sissy Bar & Air Wing Backrest
    Stealth H-D Detachable 2-up Luggage Rack
    7 in. Daymaker Projector LED Headlamp
    Mustang Heated Super Touring Seat w/ Backrest & Sissy Bar Pad

  2. #12
    Senior Member BluesBelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    City
    Alexandria
    State
    Minnesota
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmith0605 View Post
    Look great! What changes were there with the riding position? Sit higher/lower; forward/back? I think I'm going to end up buying this seat, but I'm 5' 11" and already getting wind buffetting. If this shots me higher, I'm definitely going to have to swap out the windshield.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The riding position is about 1/4" back from the stock Street Glide seat. Remember; the stock Street Glide seat is already 1-1/2" farther back than the Ultra. So when Mustang says their Summit seat moves you 1-3/4" toward the rear of the bike it actually is 1-3/4" on the Ultra but only 1/4" on the SG. You can measure this on a new bike at your dealer. Measure from the seat rear hold down screw which is in the same position on all touring model fenders.
    As far as Higher seating position; I do not notice much difference. Maybe a titch.
    The saddlebags open with no issues and all HD accessories that I have are compatible.

    Low & Slow,
    Blues
    2014 FLHX Brilliant Silver Pearl
    Fuel Moto air intake
    2014 CVO mufflers
    13" Ultra air shocks
    Custom Dynamics LED's
    10" dark tint Wind Vest
    Fairing mount air deflectors
    Fork Fangs
    Saddlebag guards
    HD Detachable sissy bar, back rest,
    and detachable Air Wing rack
    6.5 Boom stage I speakers
    Midframe air deflector.
    Soft Brake 2" Extended brake pedal and 1.5" shift arm
    HD 1" extended swept floorboard pans with 1" outward extensions
    Grips, 4" mini passenger boards, & much Misc

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    City
    Erie
    State
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesBelly View Post
    The riding position is about 1/4" back from the stock Street Glide seat. Remember; the stock Street Glide seat is already 1-1/2" farther back than the Ultra. So when Mustang says their Summit seat moves you 1-3/4" toward the rear of the bike it actually is 1-3/4" on the Ultra but only 1/4" on the SG. You can measure this on a new bike at your dealer. Measure from the seat rear hold down screw which is in the same position on all touring model fenders.
    As far as Higher seating position; I do not notice much difference. Maybe a titch.
    The saddlebags open with no issues and all HD accessories that I have are compatible.

    Low & Slow,
    Blues
    Much thanks! I like the feel of the stock seat in terms of feeling 'connected' to the bike. Do you still have this sense with the Summit seat, or do you feel like you're just 'on top' of the bike? How would you rate the comfort pre and post break in? Thanks again!

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

    2017 Street Glide Special

    Charcoal Denim
    4 Point Docking Hardware
    H-D Detachable Sissy Bar & Air Wing Backrest
    Stealth H-D Detachable 2-up Luggage Rack
    7 in. Daymaker Projector LED Headlamp
    Mustang Heated Super Touring Seat w/ Backrest & Sissy Bar Pad

  4. #14
    Senior Member BluesBelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    City
    Alexandria
    State
    Minnesota
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmith0605 View Post
    Much thanks! I like the feel of the stock seat in terms of feeling 'connected' to the bike. Do you still have this sense with the Summit seat, or do you feel like you're just 'on top' of the bike? How would you rate the comfort pre and post break in? Thanks again!

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The Mustang Summit seat pan is rigid fiberglass with several rubber bumpers that contact the top of the bike frame. The seat frame also has a bit of camber designed into it so that when you install the seat on the bike the rear seat mounting tab is slightly above threaded mounting hole on the rear fender. When you push the tab down and install the mounting screw the rubber bumpers are in solid contact with the frame resulting in a smoother ride and this setup actually makes me feel more a part of the bike than the stock seat which I did not think was too bad when ridden solo.
    I tried the HD Tallboy seat and the HD Sundowner seat which were also not bad when ridden solo even for a full day of riding but when I carry my passenger it seems the dynamics of those two HD seats changed toward the uncomfortable level as a result of the cheap flexible plastic seat pan used by Harley. I even rebuilt the HD Tallboy seat to make it more cushy but to no avail. The Summit seat retains its riding position solo or two up.
    The deep scoop at the back of the Summit seat gives great back support and my gal loves the passenger seat.
    I will say the Summit seat is very firm when new but does become somewhat more cushy as it conforms to you.
    Shortly after I installed the Summit seat I went on a 750 mile overnight run and had no issues with discomfort. I do have a good quality memory foam/gel seat pad I bought in Sturgis just to make the 550 mile trip home more bearable but have not had to use it with the Summit.
    Hope this response addresses you concerns.

    Best,
    Blues
    Last edited by BluesBelly; 02-28-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    2014 FLHX Brilliant Silver Pearl
    Fuel Moto air intake
    2014 CVO mufflers
    13" Ultra air shocks
    Custom Dynamics LED's
    10" dark tint Wind Vest
    Fairing mount air deflectors
    Fork Fangs
    Saddlebag guards
    HD Detachable sissy bar, back rest,
    and detachable Air Wing rack
    6.5 Boom stage I speakers
    Midframe air deflector.
    Soft Brake 2" Extended brake pedal and 1.5" shift arm
    HD 1" extended swept floorboard pans with 1" outward extensions
    Grips, 4" mini passenger boards, & much Misc

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    City
    Erie
    State
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesBelly View Post
    The Mustang Summit seat pan is rigid fiberglass with several rubber bumpers that contact the top of the bike frame. The seat frame also has a bit of camber designed into it so that when you install the seat on the bike the rear seat mounting tab is slightly above threaded mounting hole on the rear fender. When you push the tab down and install the mounting screw the rubber bumpers are in solid contact with the frame resulting in a smoother ride and this setup actually makes me feel more a part of the bike than the stock seat which I did not think was too bad when ridden solo.
    I tried the HD Tallboy seat and the HD Sundowner seat which were also not bad when ridden solo even for a full day of riding but when I carry my passenger it seems the dynamics of those two HD seats changed toward the uncomfortable level as a result of the cheap flexible plastic seat pan used by Harley. I even rebuilt the HD Tallboy seat to make it more cushy but to no avail. The Summit seat retains its riding position solo or two up.
    The deep scoop at the back of the Summit seat gives great back support and my gal loves the passenger seat.
    I will say the Summit seat is very firm when new but does become somewhat more cushy as it conforms to you.
    Shortly after I installed the Summit seat I went on a 750 mile overnight run and had no issues with discomfort. I do have a good quality memory foam/gel seat pad I bought in Sturgis just to make the 550 mile trip home more bearable but have not had to use it with the Summit.
    Hope this response addresses you concerns.

    Best,
    Blues
    Thanks a ton - Everything I was hoping to hear. After much consideration I finally decided on and bought the heated mustang super touring seat today. I went super instead of summit purely due to wanting just a little bit narrower passenger seat. Hoping that retains a bit more of the sportier look (at least as much as you can with a big comfy touring seat )

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

    2017 Street Glide Special

    Charcoal Denim
    4 Point Docking Hardware
    H-D Detachable Sissy Bar & Air Wing Backrest
    Stealth H-D Detachable 2-up Luggage Rack
    7 in. Daymaker Projector LED Headlamp
    Mustang Heated Super Touring Seat w/ Backrest & Sissy Bar Pad

  6. #16
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    City
    Fort McMurray
    State
    N/A
    Posts
    3
    Old thread revival....

    I just ordered the Summit for my 2020 Street Glide that is on it's way to the dealership here. I was thinking of the Mustang Super Touring as well for the 2" narrower back, but currently in Canada the Summit is almost $100 less than the Super Touring. So Summit it is then, I am sure the ole lady will enjoy the extra space. I also ordered the Mustang passenger back rest pad to match the seat as I will probably get the rider back rest down the road. I was very seriously considering the newer style Harley Tall Boy as I had one on my RG for a while. It is better than the old one and both of us could ride all day on it. Problem is that it is a nightmare getting any sort of rider backrest to work with the Tall Boy seat. The only solution I found was to use a combination of Kuryakyn and Harley parts to build one that worked with it. Because of that and the fact I loved the Mustang Wide Tour I had on my old Low Rider years back I chose the Summit.
    2020 FLHX
    Midnight Blue

  7. #17
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    City
    Fort McMurray
    State
    N/A
    Posts
    3
    Oh with the comments I see about the Mustang seats being firm I found with the one I had before it would soften up some after my butt warmed it up. That and it also breaks in somewhat over time. I prefer a firmer seat over a too soft of seat anyway. I had a Hammock in 2017 on my RG and found it was too floaty. I didn't feel connected to the bike.
    2020 FLHX
    Midnight Blue

  8. #18
    Founding Member TomA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    City
    Battle Mountain
    State
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Super08 View Post
    Oh with the comments I see about the Mustang seats being firm I found with the one I had before it would soften up some after my butt warmed it up. That and it also breaks in somewhat over time. I prefer a firmer seat over a too soft of seat anyway. I had a Hammock in 2017 on my RG and found it was too floaty. I didn't feel connected to the bike.
    They say the break in time is 1000 to 1500 miles some a little longer.


    2014 Mysterious Red Sunglo
    Stage 1 D&D Boss Fat Cat 2-1 exhaust FP3 tuner
    JW Speaker E2, Custom Dynamic running and tails, 8 plasma rods
    Soundz Customz level 5 Carbon Iron series, 5x7 lids
    Color matched inner fairing and King tour pack with lowers
    Fork fangs, Fairing deflectors, REDA bag bolts

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •