Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
    Nice! Did you need cable extensions?

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

City
    Vancouver BC
    State
    N/A
    N2DEEP, have you put the Factory 47 12" bars on yet? Are they the Assault bars?

Im also looking at the same bars, but it seems so many people who have the Yaffe's rave about how awesome they think they are. There is not a lot of reviews online regarding the Factory 47's.

I'm starting to wonder if the hype about the Yaffe bars, may be due to the brand name? With all the negative comments about poor customer service, back order stock, and issues regarding the burs that can tear up your wires when installing the internal wiring.

Anyone have some experience with either brand?

City
    Nashville
    State
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by MAYHEM View Post
    N2DEEP, have you put the Factory 47 12" bars on yet? Are they the Assault bars?

Im also looking at the same bars, but it seems so many people who have the Yaffe's rave about how awesome they think they are. There is not a lot of reviews online regarding the Factory 47's.

I'm starting to wonder if the hype about the Yaffe bars, may be due to the brand name? With all the negative comments about poor customer service, back order stock, and issues regarding the burs that can tear up your wires when installing the internal wiring.

Anyone have some experience with either brand?
    I just installed mine last week, excellent build quality and easy to wire.

Factory 47 12" Assault bars.jpg
    2016 Street Glide Custom

Founding Member
    City
    Jackson
    State
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino007 View Post
    Nice! Did you need cable extensions?

No extensions needed with the 8" Yaffe's. All you do is pop the mating plugs out of the plastic cable organizer under the radio so you get them closer the bars. The pics show Yaffe mirrors. They looked cool, but were useless as a mirror. I swapped the, out for some HD mirrors.
    -----------------------------------
    2015 Street Glide Special

-Paul Yaffe RoadHouse 400 with JVC head unit
    -Paul Yaffe tank with superstretch side covers, bags and fender
    -Python Rayzor 2:1 pipe
    -21" RC front wheel, rotors and fender
    -HD chrome fork lowers
    -HD Elite Heavy Breather
    -Power Commander 5
    -DIY Air Ride
    -LePera seat
    -JW Speaker Evolution 2 Headlight
    -Lots more stuff....

Quote Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
    No extensions needed with the 8" Yaffe's. All you do is pop the mating plugs out of the plastic cable organizer under the radio so you get them closer the bars. The pics show Yaffe mirrors. They looked cool, but were useless as a mirror. I swapped the, out for some HD mirrors.
    Thanks...I'm thinking about getting some mini apes and these might be the route I go. Did you need that handlebar damper kit?

City
    Beaumont
    State
    California
    Any more pics of 10" bars? I'm short 5'8" but have broad shoulders. Pretty sure I can do 12's but kind of want to keep my hands at or below the top of the fairing. Given that the wild1's are made local and close to me I'll most likely get the reaper bagger bars.

City
    Nashville
    State
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by free ride View Post
    Any more pics of 10" bars? I'm short 5'8" but have broad shoulders. Pretty sure I can do 12's but kind of want to keep my hands at or below the top of the fairing. Given that the wild1's are made local and close to me I'll most likely get the reaper bagger bars.
    I'm very broad shouldered as well which is why I went with the Factory 47 bars, they are 39" wide as opposed to the other bars that around 35-36" normally. The 12" Assault bars put your hands pretty much even with the top of the fairing (Similar to the Yaffee 10" bars).
    2016 Street Glide Custom

City
    Madison
    State
    Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by free ride View Post
    Twin peaks 10"
    IMG_1084.jpg
    2015 SGS
    Exhaust and fuel by V&H

City
    Venice
    State
    Florida
    IMHO I don't think there is a "standard" on measuring bar height. I'm 5' 10" with a 34" inseam. My final decision came with the Yaffe 12" bars. My hands are level with my shoulders. These bars put my hands just above the batwing. The 10" bars would put my knuckles even with the batwing. I sat on friends bikes with different brand of bars, but I really like the look of the Yaffe bars and the spread of the hand position.

IMG_0800.jpeg
    *2014 FLHXS Vivid Black*
    ~Bola Ocho~

Vance and Hines-dresser true dual headers with 4" twin slash dresser dual pipes; 4-Point docking hardware; Custom Dynamics-front and rear black anodized Bullet Ringz, 8" Plasma Rods Klock Werks-8.5 windshield; Jac-Knife -highway pegs; Ness Big Sucker -air cleaner; Tribar brake light -fender tip light ; Yaffe -Black 12" Bagger Apes ; Ness Deep Cut Grips ; Scythe Black mirrors; Soundz Customz Level V, Arc Audio XDI 600.4 amp, Focal 165KRX2's