Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Prospect HarleyBP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    City
    Ancaster
    State
    N/A
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo26 View Post
    Axeo front, Revo-A in the rear. Great quality. Well worth the money. Rides like a Cadillac
    Legend Revo-A's installed. Rides like a whole new bike. Although I expected an improvement, it far surpassed my expectations. Best upgrade I have done. Went with the 13", but with the sag set at 12" I sit at basically the same height on the bike as before. Just a much smoother ride, without the harshness.
    Will definitely do the front end with the Legend Axeo.
    2016 Street Glide Special, Velocity Red Sunglo, V&H Power Duals, V&H Hi-Output Slipons, HD Super tuner, Screamin' Eagle Intake, Klockwerks Screen, Boom II Upgrade, Antenna Relocation to Fairing, CD LED Turn Signals and Tail Light, CD Tribar LED, JW Speaker 8700 Evolution 2 LED Headlight, Yaffe 10" Monkey Bars, Bikemaster Sickle Mirrors, Audible Siren, Fairing Lowers, Legend Revo-A Rear Shocks, Legend Axeo Front Suspension, Factory 47 Anarchy Bag Guards.

  2. #22
    Founding Member t8ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    City
    Riverside
    State
    California
    Posts
    265

    Front suspension . . . 2016 FLHXS

    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo26 View Post
    Axeo front, Revo-A in the rear. Great quality. Well worth the money. Rides like a Cadillac
    Man, sounds like it rides like my work bike (BMW P1200RT). When I get off and ride my '14 SG and have to take rough roads, which is damn near everywhere in LA, it sucks.
    Last edited by t8ness; 04-30-2017 at 06:30 AM.
    2014 Street Glide Vivid Black ABS
    Mad Wheel 21” Enforcer Gloss Black
    Willy Shiny 16” Gloss Black Enforcer
    Willy Shiny Chrome Rotors, Gloss Black Calipers w/chrome bolts
    Boom! Audio Hidden Antenna
    Scripted Custom Gear Shift Linkage
    HD Chrome Daymaker
    Stage 1
    SE Street Cannons with Screamin' Eagle Script 4 in. End Caps
    Screamin' Eagle Agitator Extreme Billet Air Cleaner Kit
    Infinity Kappa 62.11I 150W 6.5-Inch
    RF PBR300X2 Punch 300-Watt Amp
    CD LED Cluster Inserts

  3. #23
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    City
    El Dorado Hills
    State
    California
    Posts
    20
    I went with the 444 soft spring in the 13 inch. Pretty happy with them. I weight 180 and adjust them to the first notch of four. With the wife on the back, I adjust them to the second notch. With the wife, tour pac and luggage I set them on the third notch.
    Quote Originally Posted by phineasfreakears View Post
    I am fed up with my suspension also, thinking of going with progressive. Will the 444's be good enough or should I pony up $120 more for the 924's?

  4. #24
    Founding Member JMeadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    City
    Lewiston
    State
    Idaho
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyBP View Post
    Legend Revo-A's installed. Rides like a whole new bike. Although I expected an improvement, it far surpassed my expectations. Best upgrade I have done. Went with the 13", but with the sag set at 12" I sit at basically the same height on the bike as before. Just a much smoother ride, without the harshness.
    Will definitely do the front end with the Legend Axeo.
    I did this upgrade on 7-21-17, love it, now I'm saving my money for the Legend Axeo front end
    Last edited by JMeadows; 04-11-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    2014 FLHX: Daytona Blue Pearl
    Daymaker Front Headlight;Aux Lamp Kit w/ Daymakers;Lighted Hand Control Switches;LED Light Bar;Tri-Bar Light Upgrade; 8”Plazma Rods;Chrome Lower Forks; Curved License Frame;FP3 Tuner,FullSac DX Pipe;Bassani Slash Down Mufflers;Stage1 Air Cleaner; Adjustable Air-Deflector; LRS 7" Windshield;Zumo 660;Rider Adj Backrest;4 Point Docking Kit;Hwy Pegs;J&M-250Watt Amp& 6.65” Fairing Speakers;Color Matched Inner Faring Color;Matched Tour-Pac,CB Radio.


  5. #25
    Prospect HarleyBP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    City
    Ancaster
    State
    N/A
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ness View Post
    Man, sounds like it rides like my work bike (BMW P1200RT). When I get off and ride my '14 SG and have to take rough roads, which is damn near everywhere in LA, it sucks.
    Yep! I love my Street Glide, but the only major complaint I have ever had was with the suspension. It seems ridiculous that we have to spend all that money to improve something that shouldn't require it. However, I was tired of cringing at all frost heaves, not to mention rail tracks and rough roads. I know there are other aftermarket shocks that work great also, but I can certainly attest to the ride of the Legend Revo-A's. Now I look forward to long rides and haven't cringed once since the change. Couldn't be happier!
    2016 Street Glide Special, Velocity Red Sunglo, V&H Power Duals, V&H Hi-Output Slipons, HD Super tuner, Screamin' Eagle Intake, Klockwerks Screen, Boom II Upgrade, Antenna Relocation to Fairing, CD LED Turn Signals and Tail Light, CD Tribar LED, JW Speaker 8700 Evolution 2 LED Headlight, Yaffe 10" Monkey Bars, Bikemaster Sickle Mirrors, Audible Siren, Fairing Lowers, Legend Revo-A Rear Shocks, Legend Axeo Front Suspension, Factory 47 Anarchy Bag Guards.

  6. #26
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    City
    Stevens Point
    State
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    15
    Bumping this thread up because spring is here in Wisconsin and the roads are rough from the winter. Trying to decide the best bang for the buck on a good set of shocks, also wondering about length. When I measure between my stock shock mounting bolts I get 12" on center. Is that the length I should get? Do not want to change the height of the bike, I'm 5' 9" and 160 # soaking wet.

  7. #27
    Founding Member BlkDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    City
    East Valley
    State
    Arizona
    Posts
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by phineasfreakears View Post
    Bumping this thread up because spring is here in Wisconsin and the roads are rough from the winter. Trying to decide the best bang for the buck on a good set of shocks, also wondering about length. When I measure between my stock shock mounting bolts I get 12" on center. Is that the length I should get? Do not want to change the height of the bike, I'm 5' 9" and 160 # soaking wet.
    Legend shocks are the way to go, read up on posts with reviews from many riders. Legend product will always come out best. IronAces can give you a good deal on them so reach out to them. Go with 13" and set the sag to 12" and you will be fine. I can pretty much tell you after you upgrade you will ride your bike more.....and that aren't no joke....LOL!
    '15 FLHX, Vivid Black, ton of upgrades to list!


  8. #28
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    City
    Stevens Point
    State
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    15
    Talked to the nice folks at Iron Aces, they recommended I stick with the stock length (12") so that is what I ordered. I still think it sucks that I have to come up with an extra $900 to make an already expensive bike ride better than a Fred Flinstone-mobile.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •