Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    City
    Woodbridge
    State
    Connecticut

EZPASS - Will It Be Recognized If It's Secured Inside The Faring?

I recently received my motorcycle sized ezpass and wasn't sure that if I stuck it inside the fairing of my bike would it be recognized when I passed through a toll plaza ......

Anyone using an ezpass this way?
    Last edited by w1smc; 09-20-2016 at 03:40 PM.
    VE Vet - USMC
    Bikes:

Me on my MV

Dyno Tuned by Rob's Dyno Services @ 163HP .....

Gone & Not Forgotten:
    2008 Ducati Multistrada - Black, 2000 Honda Shadow Sabre - Black, 198? Honda CB650 - Green

City
    Jersey City
    State
    New Jersey
    The only way to know for sure would be to give it a try. I painted mine black and put it behind the stock windshield and it works fine.

I do have another bike that didn't have a mounting position that worked with the scanners at all. But, since I had registered the tag with the bike license plate, it doesn't seem to matter. I'll pass through, the sign will say tag not read, and continue on my way. When this happens, they take a pic of your plate which links to your tag and they bill you that way. More work for them, makes me feel like I give their work some meaning...

The only problem I've had with that setup is at locations where they have an arm that won't go up because my tag hasn't been read. When I know I'll encounter one of those I just keep it in my pocket and hold it up upon approach. I hope this helps.

On a side note, I also have an Italian on the side... My 2003 Moto Guzzi California Stone. Certainly not as fast as your MV, but a Spaghetti Burner nonetheless.
    2015 Street Glide Special - Upgrades include: Power commander V, K&N Air Filter, Black Street Cannons, Chopped Tourpack, Black Mustache Crash Bar with Black Diamond Hi-way Pegs and Matching Grips, Black Daymaker Headlight, Custom Dynamics Turn and Rear Signal Lights, Fobo TPS ...More to come, just don't tell my wife.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is have gone over. - Dr. HST

City
    CARROLLTON
    State
    Texas
    Mine is setup that way, inside the fairing. Works well

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Welcome to Texas, where the forecasts are made up and the seasons don't matter

2014 SGS Mysterious Red
    Rinehart Chrome 4" Slip-on, Rear Saddlebag Guards, Khrome Werks +2 Sweeper Bar Narrow Handlebars, Progressive shocks, Tall Boy floorboard lowering, Ultra 8", JW Speaker EVO2, HD Pro Tuner, Soft Brake, Kuryakyn Backrest, Kuryakyn Kinetic Grips/Throttle Boss, Saddle Bag Locks, Turn Sig Ext Caps, Air Deflector, CD 8" Mega Plasma Rod, JL Audio XD 400, AD CX-62s, BT355, Shoei Neotec.

City
    CHESAPEAKE
    State
    Virginia
    Mine rides in the leather windshield pouch it gets used with 3 different vehicles.
    2016 STREETGLIDE SPECIAL
    BLUE METALFLAKE
    EXAUST. VANCE & HINES 2 INTO 1.
    WINDSHIELD. 8" LRS.
    DAYMAKER LED AUX, LIGHTS.
    CLEAR 3M FILM COAT
    DETACHABLE PASSENGER BACK REST.
    H.D ULTRA "LOW" SEAT FOR RIDING 2 UP.
    V&H FP3.
    H.D STAGE ? HIGH FLOW AIR INTAKE

City
    Magic City
    State
    Florida
    I just have my wife reach back and cover the plate as I pass!
    Just kidding! I saw a guy on a Sports bike do that one time. I'm sure he'll lose his hand one of these days getting it caught in the wheel and all for 75 cents!

We have SunPass down here. We don't need to carry anything just register the motorcycle tag with the account and they charge you by the plate.
    Last edited by RuknRole; 09-20-2016 at 03:56 PM.
    2016 FLHXS - Cosmic Blue Pearl
    Rinehart 4" Slip-On Exhausts
    No Cat Header
    HD High Flow Filter
    SE Super Tuner Pro
    Dynojet - 88 hp / 111 ft.-lb. tq

Hello, my name is ... and I'm a Glideoholic!

City
    Pearland
    State
    Texas
    I have learned to ride the white line going through the tolls....I do have a toll tag but when I ride the line it does not register a charge...its hit and miss if I do ride the line....
    2015 Superior Blue Street Glide
    Bolt Chrome Kit
    Mustang Seats (2)
    Vance and Hines
    oversize destroyer exhaust
    D&D true dual headers
    Thunder Max Auto Tuner
    Arc Audio Amp 600.4
    Focal ES165KXZ fairing speakers
    CVO Bags
    Custom Paint by Jerry Leach
    Bad Dad front fender
    Custom 3-D designs derby cover and gas cover
    Passenger floor boards
    Quick release passenger back rest
    Custom Dynamics LED headlight and turn signals
    and lots of little extra touches you just have to see....

City
    Boston
    State
    Massachusetts
    I've mine mounted inside fairing, and had no issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City
    Chicago
    State
    Illinois
    My buddy mounted his on the inside of his windshield on his RG. I don't know if it was from the sun, or the plastic windshield or what, but he pulled away from a red light and it flew off and bounced across the intersection!

I'm in IL, but here's something you might want to check into. In IL you can register more than one vehicle to and IPass (EZPass), and the pass does not actually have to be in the vehicle to be used. I registered my bike to my car pass, but I never bring it with me and still go through the IPass lane. They will take a picture of the vehicle and as long as the plate is registered to the IPass you're "legal". Believe it or not, IDOT are actually the ones that tipped me off to this. I've been doing this for a while and have yet to have a problem. Eliminates the need for mounting, removing when not in use, etc.

City
    Mamaroneck
    State
    New York
    I mounted my EZPass on top of the radio under the fairing on my SGS and haven't had an issue with it not reading it. I used the heavy duty Velcro and put a zip-tie on it just to be sure.

City
    Old Bridge
    State
    New Jersey
    Mine is on the windshield but thinking of moving it to the left non compartment