Prospect
    City
    San Diego
    State
    California

How much Play with Arlen Ness Poly Bushings

I just did a complete install of 14" LA Chopper Twin Peaks on my 2015 Streetglide Special. Did not have to replace the cables which saved some time an money. I did replace the stock riser bushings with Arlen Ness Poly's. I get about 1/4" to 1/2" of play when I really push and pull on them.

First Question: Is this normal play for 14" Ape Hangers and Poly bushings

second Question: I did not replace the stock riser bolts. Should I?

Thanks guys.

City
    Snellville
    State
    Georgia
    I recently installed12" Twin Peaks and Arlen Ness poly bushings with original bolts and it feels rock solid.
    2016 SGS Cosmic Blue Pearl
    Mods; Lighting: led tri bar, 8" plasma rods, magic strobes, custom dynamics led conversion kit and led headlamp conversion kit from fuel moto. V&H FP3.
    Comfort: Mustang solo seat, HD get a grip magnum handgrips. Heated grips. LA Choppers 12" Twin Peaks.
    General: 10" and 11" LRS ultra elite shields, saddlebag crash bars, SE Street Cannon slip ons with slash cut tips and HD helmet lock. Willie G. Skull bling. Taiddan garage door remote.
    Condor pit stop for garage.

Prospect
    City
    Waterloo
    State
    Iowa
    I just installed 14's and also get some play in the bars. I replaced with poly bushing from the dealership, but I'm guessing they are pretty much the same thing in a different package. I would think the bolts would be fine as long as they are tight.

Prospect
    City
    Hampton
    State
    Georgia
    When i installed my bars in used the poly bushings. i saw where someone torqued to specs. Then waited 20 minutes and torqued them again. That is what i did, and they are rock solid 4000 miles later no issues. (i saw this old post, but thought someone may find it useful.)
    2017 Street Glide Black Denim
    12" LA Choppers Twin Peaks, S&S MK45 Slip-ons, Smart Siren II, LRS 8" Windshield, Avon Cushion Grips, Grasshopper Backrest, 4-Point Docking Kit, HD Detachable Passenger Sissy Bar with Backrest, HD Detachable Luggage rack, Kyryakyn Lower Triple Tree Wind Deflector, Kyryakyn Floorboard spacers, Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz, 7" Sunpie LED Headlight, Shorty Antenna.