City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee

Cheap full featured 3/4/ Helmet

Not wanting to risk damage to my $$$ Harley helmet, I was looking for a cheap helmet to take on the Reno Ride that had lots of features and I found it! I stopped by Cycle Gear and found this: The BILT Route model has both Clear shield and drop down smoked "sun glasses", Ample venting and padding. They come in White, Silver, Gloss and Flat black. $59.99 ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    BILT.png

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/bilt-route-helmet
    2017 FLHXS Velocity Red Sunglow
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Stage 1 l V&H FP3 Tuner l SE air cleaner l Cobra 909 Slip ons l Stage ll Torque
    HD Hard Lowers
    l 4 Point detach l Low Backrest l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr & Rr LED's & Plasma Rods, Halo headlight l CVO seat l Tri-Bar / Brake Taillight

PSALM 91
    Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

City
    Maynardville
    State
    Tennessee
    How would you damage your $$$Harley helmet?? If in an accident would you not want the better protection? A friend used to work at Cycle Gear and said that the cost of the Bilt, made in China, helmet was about $19, not for me thanks.
    Common Sense is not that common. 2018 SGS in Twisted Cherry aka Black Cherry

City
    Upland
    State
    California
    I remember old Bell Helmet ads that posed the question "How much is your head worth?" Why wouldn't you wear the $$$ H-D helmet? It's that why u bought it, to protect your head? I wouldn't wear a cheap 3/4 helmet for all the cheap helmets in China lol. If something bad DID happen, that face shield would fold up like an accordion. Man try a full face thats not a modular.... solid protection for the facial area. JMO.
    2015 Street Glide Special Blacked out, 2018 CVO 21" front wheel, Drago 2-2 head pipe w CFR's, PM air cleaner, LED's headlight/signals, stock paint and engine/trans (103 w PC-V + six speed)

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BdBagr View Post
    I remember old Bell Helmet ads that posed the question "How much is your head worth?" Why wouldn't you wear the $$$ H-D helmet? It's that why u bought it, to protect your head? I wouldn't wear a cheap 3/4 helmet for all the cheap helmets in China lol. If something bad DID happen, that face shield would fold up like an accordion. Man try a full face that's not a modular.... solid protection for the facial area. JMO.
    Full face is not my bag and neither are $500 skid lids. This unit is not carbon fiber, Kevlar or fiberglass but is made out of the same Poly carbonate shell My Harley unit (made by HJC) is, has very nice padding and chin strap. Just not marked up like the well known brands and it IS DOT approved (FMVSS 218).

And, its a better choice for me rather than the well worn half helmet they offer with rentals.

By the way- My original post was not intended to start a range war over personal choices and opinions but simply to share a good value priced piece of gear for my intended temporary use . . . . .
    2017 FLHXS Velocity Red Sunglow
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Stage 1 l V&H FP3 Tuner l SE air cleaner l Cobra 909 Slip ons l Stage ll Torque
    HD Hard Lowers
    l 4 Point detach l Low Backrest l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr & Rr LED's & Plasma Rods, Halo headlight l CVO seat l Tri-Bar / Brake Taillight

PSALM 91
    Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

City
    Detroit
    State
    Michigan
    Can't beat that deal. Good find mojo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 SGS Denim Black
    Rockford Fosgate Speakers and Amp
    HD Boom Hidden Antenna
    Black Screaming Eagle Street Cannons w/ Defiance Tips
    Advan Black Hard Lowers
    Wind Deflectors