Thread: Salt Lake City?

City
    Greensboro
    State
    North Carolina

Salt Lake City?

My wife and I are thinking about moving to the SLC area and would like to know what the riding is like around there. Obviously with the mountains there's going to be some good riding but how long is the typical riding season? Are there plenty of roads in the area so you don't get board riding the same routes all the time? Is there a large riding community or is it relatively small?

We're currently in North Carolina, close to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Tail of the Dragon, so we're used to some great riding. Anyone able to compare the riding around the SLC area with what we have here?

Thanks,

Scott
    Scott

2015 Superior Blue FLHX

City
    Battle Mountain
    State
    Nevada
    You will have good riding but you may ha e to put a couple days in to see different country. Utah is really big from what your coming from but your really close to some wonderful roads to loose your self on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Mysterious Red Sunglo
    Stage 1 D&D Boss Fat Cat 2-1 exhaust FP3 tuner
    JW Speaker E2, Custom Dynamic running and tails, 8 plasma rods
    Soundz Customz level 5 Carbon Iron series, 5x7 lids
    Color matched inner fairing and King tour pack with lowers
    Fork fangs, Fairing deflectors, REDA bag bolts

City
    Middle of nowhere
    State
    Washington
    I lived there for 30 years. Riding is very good. Lots of canyons with twisty curves and everything in between. You can ride all summer and in to the late fall. It doesn't rain much. You're in the desert, believe it or not. You can even ride in the winter on some days. I did a Christmas day ride or two. It was cold as hell, but roads were dry, and since there is almost zero humidity, the roads stay more dry than other places. Keep in mind that while the riding can be very good, unless you're Mormon and like a town that is a sanctuary city that's getting more and more populated (almost feels like LA in the 70's), the good riding will get soured quick. Take a long trip there. Keep your eyes very open, and look at it objectively.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

City
    Greensboro
    State
    North Carolina
    Thanks to you both for the information. Longer rides don't bother me so much, we're actually having to do that now to get into areas we haven't been to before. It can get pretty cold here as well but as long as the roads are dry and you dress for it it's really not that bad.

We're hoping to live outside of town, the Tooele area looks nice. I don't like the cookie cutter homes you see in town and want something with a bit more land for the dogs. We currently have just over an acre and would like to have at least that much land if not more. East of the city looks very expensive $1M+ for something in the foothills so west it is. Hoping that being outside the city won't be quite as bad as being in the city. A bit more friendly and conservative. Had a change to talk to the people I'd be working with and they all said come on out you'll love it. We're not Mormon so I know there might be some difficulty making friends but others have said it's not like it was back in the 70's. People are a bit more accepting now then they used to be.

If anyone else would like to chime in I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Thanks,
    Scott

2015 Superior Blue FLHX