Thread: Heat Deflectors

City
    Old Bridge
    State
    New Jersey

Heat Deflectors

I understand a new head pipe is the best mod you can make for the heat but has anyone used either the HD, Capt. Itch or RJ Original heat deflectors? A new head pipe is definitely coming but a lot of people seem to like these too.

Founding Member
    City
    Kansas City
    State
    Kansas
    I have the HD heat deflectors on my 15 SGS. I can't say that I notice a difference in that there is less heat, as this was never a problem for me to begin with running a full aftermarket exhaust. They do clean the middle of the bike up and IMO should be standard equipment, but we all know how the HD game works (what a damn shame). If you get them, follow the instructions to the letter and don't deviate. I had researched the heat deflectors a couple of years ago and avoided them after reading about the difficulty people had during installation. I finally decided to do it and they went on very easily.

2015 Vivid Black SGS w/107 motor: V&H Pro Pipe, Thundermax tuner, SE Ventilator Elite AC with K&N filter, Andrews 30T pulley mod, AIM variable pressure clutch, Evolution Industries billet clutch basket, Twin Power compensator eliminator sprocket, HD highway pegs, HD passenger floorboards, RB Racing modified stock swingarm (2" over adjustable), HD 7" Wind Splitter windshield, HD black windshield trim, JM Corp 250W 2 channel amp and Focal 165 KRC speakers in fairing

City
    Mount Royal
    State
    New Jersey
    I have the RJ Originals heat deflectors, really like the way they look and they do keep the heat down in the crotch area but obviously don't do anything for my legs. I think I will de-cat my pipes soon. glide8.jpg