Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moab, Utah

Founding Member
    City
    Kansas City
    State
    Kansas
    If you travel through San Jose, CA., you have to go to the Sarah Winchester Mystery House.

Sarah was the widow of William Winchester (son of Oliver Winchester), who manufactured and marketed Winchester Repeating Arms. Sara and William's daughter Annie Winchester died six weeks after she was born and William died almost twenty years after marrying Sarah. Sarah believed in seances and was said to have seen a Medium named Adam Coons (believed to be a psychic), who told her that her family was cursed because of all of the people, who died from Winchester Rifles. Sarah built the house and it underwent continuous construction for 38 years untill she died. I encourage you to do a little research on Sarah, William, Oliver and the Sarah Winchester Mystery House before going (if you're able to make it). My wife, daughter and I did the full tour which was guided and included access to the rooftop, basement and other areas on the property that aren't a part of the regular tour. This was one of the best tours I have ever taken; lasting about 2 1/2 hours.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NGOT8R; 09-09-2017 at 09:44 PM.

2015 Vivid Black SGS w/107 motor: V&H Pro Pipe, Thundermax tuner, SE Ventilator Elite AC with K&N filter, Andrews 30T pulley mod, AIM variable pressure clutch, Evolution Industries billet clutch basket, Twin Power compensator eliminator sprocket, HD highway pegs, HD passenger floorboards, RB Racing modified stock swingarm (2" over adjustable), HD 7" Wind Splitter windshield, HD black windshield trim, JM Corp 250W 2 channel amp and Focal 165 KRC speakers in fairing

City
    West by-God Monroe
    State
    Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by NGOT8R View Post
    If you travel through San Jose, CA., you have to go to the Sarah Winchester Mystery House.

Sarah was the widow of William Winchester (son of Oliver Winchester), who manufactured and marketed Winchester Repeating Arms. Sara and William's daughter Annie Winchester died six weeks after she was born and William died almost twenty years after marrying Sarah. Sarah believed in seances and was said to have seen a Medium named Adam Coons (believed to be a psychic), who told her that her family was cursed because of all of the people, who died from Winchester Rifles. Sarah built the house and it underwent continuous construction for 38 years untill she died. I encourage you to do a little research on Sarah, William, Oliver and the Sarah Winchester Mystery House before going (if you're able to make it). My wife, daughter and I did the full tour which was guided and included access to the rooftop, basement and other areas on the property that aren't a part of the regular tour. This was one of the best tours I have ever taken; lasting about 2 1/2 hours.
    Cool, thanks for the info.
    Last edited by singlebeam; 09-10-2017 at 05:13 PM.
    2017 CVO Street Glide aka MaryJane
    2012 Heritage Softail aka The White Horse
    1950 Panhead aka Hannah

City
    West by-God Monroe
    State
    Louisiana
    Ok here's a little update. I left home Sat. morning around 6:30 am, got to Amarillo around 5:00pm. Stayed in Best Western, overpriced IMHO. The water pressure was terrible. Got up Sun. morning and had 40% chance of rain. I put my slicker on and hit the road. Was fairly chilly and rained off and on til I got to Albuquerque. Spent to much time there thanks to Harley's sorry navigation system. Finally found Duke's Harley, bought a couple of shirts and left town. Went up hwy 25 to hwy 550 headed for Farmington. Was nice scenery but wind was bad most of the way. Got to Farmington and got a room at Holiday inn express. Another overpriced place. Left the next morning and went to Four Corners New Mexico. Took a few pics there. I had originally planned to leave there and go thru Utah to Hwy 50 into Nevada. I checked the weather in Ely, Nv. It was snowing, temp was in the 20's and wind was extreme. Needless to say, I changed my route. I rode 160 down thru Arizona til it met hwy 89, which took me to Flagstaff. Got on I 40 and headed to Kingman. Wind was bad thru Arizona for the most part. I was wore out because of the wind. I got a room in Kingman at a motel 6, sucked. Left Tuesday morning and decided to go thru Nevada to Fallon. Where I would get on hwy 50 to Reno. Hwy 95 I guess you'd call it a desert out there. Worst wind in my life. Sand storms everywhere. Finally made it to Hawthorne, NV. and I am holed up here til tomorrow. Left this morning for Fallon, Nv. to carson City, South Lake tahoe, Camp Richardson, Chester and to Redding where I am now. Going to Eureka today where I will stay a few days til I have seen enough. Then catch as much PCH as possible.
    1950 Panhead aka Hannah

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    Man! I could have warned you about the wind. As I've said before, If I still lived out there I'd be on a Road Glide because of the winds. I chuckled at your Motel ratings!!! I hope the rest of your ride gets better. Stop at Battleborn Harley in Carson City along your way. They're good folks! Ride safe!!
    2017 FLHXS Velocity Red Sunglow
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Stage 1 l V&H FP3 Tuner l SE air cleaner l Cobra 909 Slip ons l HD Hard Lowers
    4 Point detach l Low Backrest l Airstream Rack l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr & Rr LED's & Plasma Rods, Halo headlight l CVO seat l Tri-Bar / Brake Taillight

PSALM 91
    Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

City
    West by-God Monroe
    State
    Louisiana

Finally...

Well,I made it to Eureka this evening. The route I wanted to take was closed for the most part. So I took a different but longer route. Anyway, I am here and the ride was awesome. I came up hwy 20 which was a great ride, I would recommend it to anyone. Tomorrow I will get out and check out those giant trees and this area in general. May take a run up to Oregon, weather permitting. I hope to be able to post some pics tomorrow. Going to stay here for a few days til I have seen enough. Thanks guys-n-gals...later!
    1950 Panhead aka Hannah

City
    mooresville
    State
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by CoHam View Post
    liquid1,
    Those are the "Mustang plain saddlebag lid cover" made by Mustang, the company that makes motorcycle seats. They are not leather, it's the same material that their seat covers are made from and match the seat very well.
    I bought them to protect the lids from my travel bag that hangs over the side of the luggage rack that's on the rear fender. The bag did not sag onto the lids, but with those covers I had peace of mind in case it did.
    I got mine online from J&P Cycles web site.
    CoHam, Thanks for the info,
    Singlebeam , your living the dream. Awesome
    work hard to play hard
    2014 street glide special denim black 5700 miles 2nd owner
    full extended 4 year warrenty
    Arlen Ness Big sucker Stage 1
    Vance & Hines Full Dresser Header 4" Monster Black slip ons
    V&H FP3 Tuner Power Dual tune no baffles
    Convertible back rest with luggage rack
    Antenna delete
    ..Runs like a scalded cat..

1979 Shovel head low rider
    Custom build with lots of upgrades
    My youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkKl5WvU8e0&t=142s

City
    West by-God Monroe
    State
    Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid1 View Post
    CoHam, Thanks for the info,
    Singlebeam , your living the dream. Awesome
    Yes it's a good life. Thanks for the comments to all...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1950 Panhead aka Hannah

City
    Parker
    State
    Colorado
    Lookin good Singlebeam! Sorry to hear the wind was howling so much. Sounds like you’re having a great trip anyway. Looking forward to seeing more pics as you roll on.

City
    West by-God Monroe
    State
    Louisiana
    Ok, I had enough trees so I cut out this morning. I am holed up in Bakersfield...Don't ask me why. I opted out of the golden gate bridge because I checked traffic conditions in that area and it looks to be quite a mess. So, here I am, not sure what nor where is next....I am about 100 miles shy of 4000 total miles for this trip since 9/30 Got more miles to go, I still have 2 weeks left.
    1950 Panhead aka Hannah

City
    Battle Mountain
    State
    Nevada
    Did it feel like you were driving in a tunnel ?? Happy to hear your still on the adventure we all wish we could do.

2014 Mysterious Red Sunglo
    Stage 1 D&D Boss Fat Cat 2-1 exhaust FP3 tuner
    JW Speaker E2, Custom Dynamic running and tails, 8 plasma rods
    Soundz Customz level 5 Carbon Iron series, 5x7 lids
    Color matched inner fairing and King tour pack with lowers
    Fork fangs, Fairing deflectors, REDA bag bolts