Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    City
    Fenton
    State
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by RexJ View Post
    What LED headlight bulb did you get and did you buy a separate low and high beam bulb or did you just replace your low beam? I too have Custom Dynamics turn signals, front and back, along with many other cosmetic upgrades. I changed my bulb but wasn't to an LED. I tried but the one I received would not work even though they stated it would. Now I'm not sure which one to buy?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Check out the Sunpie daymaker headlight, best $70 you'll spend if you ride at night a lot. Don't forget the harness, no adapter ring needed for Rushmore bikes.
    https://www.amazon.com/Headlight-Dav...+led+headlight
    2015 FLHX

City
    East Valley
    State
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Check out the Sunpie daymaker headlight, best $70 you'll spend if you ride at night a lot. Don't forget the harness, no adapter ring needed for Rushmore bikes.
    https://www.amazon.com/Headlight-Dav...+led+headlight
    I was looking at that same one too and glad you got it.....now questions I have.....since 2014-2016 models use 2 connectors so the adapter will replaced OEM adapter? What about the other wires Blue/Black?

Any info you can provide is much appreciated to swap out headlights.....thanks!

I saw a dealer at Vegas bike fest and he wanted a headlight similar this for $200, plus $25 for adapter and $20 to install it.....I walked away......nickel & dime is not the way to do business......should have one price for different models and include installing as an added bonus. I bet he'll be so busy selling them instead of people walking away....... :-(
    '15 FLHX, Vivid Black, ton of upgrades to list!

City
    Fenton
    State
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkDragon View Post
    I was looking at that same one too and glad you got it.....now questions I have.....since 2014-2016 models use 2 connectors so the adapter will replaced OEM adapter? What about the other wires Blue/Black?

Any info you can provide is much appreciated to swap out headlights.....thanks!

I saw a dealer at Vegas bike fest and he wanted a headlight similar this for $200, plus $25 for adapter and $20 to install it.....I walked away......nickel & dime is not the way to do business......should have one price for different models and include installing as an added bonus. I bet he'll be so busy selling them instead of people walking away....... :-(
    Dragon the only thing you need is the $9 adaptor from Amozon and it is simple plug and play. You plug the adaptor into the OEM plug and into the new LED light and that's it. I installed mine last December and it has been fantastic because I ride at night all the time. I did a lot of research on them before buying because the price seemed to good to be true compared to all of the more expensive options and I couldn't find anyone that had any problems with them.

https://www.amazon.com/Headlight-Har...SP1DRVXMSCY2E9

on-dark-1.JPG
    2015 FLHX

City
    Conroe
    State
    Arizona
    I am the same way. I've been researching them a lot but have been weary of the price. I figured they'd start leaking or something when it rained and was afraid of buying the cheaper versions. Does the adapter plug into both sets (high beam and low beam) of wires?

City
    East Valley
    State
    Arizona
    Dragon the only thing you need is the $9 adaptor from Amozon and it is simple plug and play. You plug the adaptor into the OEM plug and into the new LED light and that's it. I installed mine last December and it has been fantastic because I ride at night all the time. I did a lot of research on them before buying because the price seemed to good to be true compared to all of the more expensive options and I couldn't find anyone that had any problems with them.

https://www.amazon.com/Headlight-Har...SP1DRVXMSCY2E9

on-dark-1.JPG
    Thanks Hurricane.....appreciated much! :-) I am going for it then.....
    '15 FLHX, Vivid Black, ton of upgrades to list!

City
    Fenton
    State
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by RexJ View Post
    I am the same way. I've been researching them a lot but have been weary of the price. I figured they'd start leaking or something when it rained and was afraid of buying the cheaper versions. Does the adapter plug into both sets (high beam and low beam) of wires?

Boy it's been year since I installed but I just remember plugging the the adaptor to the light and the other side into the OEM plug and that's it. It come with an additional adaptor that said CANBUS on it that I did not use and didn't even no what it was for, there were no instructions. I asked around some forums of other people using the Sunpie and they all said they didn't use so I didn't either.
    2015 FLHX

City
    Fenton
    State
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkDragon View Post
    Thanks Hurricane.....appreciated much! :-) I am going for it then.....
    Well worth it IMO. 10 times better than the stock light. As I said I ride at night a lot, probably more than during the day, I was amazed how well it works. I could see things reflecting so far down the road I couldn't tell what they were until I got closer.
    2015 FLHX

City
    Conroe
    State
    Arizona
    Boy it's been year since I installed but I just remember plugging the the adaptor to the light and the other side into the OEM plug and that's it. It come with an additional adaptor that said CANBUS on it that I did not use and didn't even no what it was for, there were no instructions. I asked around some forums of other people using the Sunpie and they all said they didn't use so I didn't either.
    Awesome! Well, I truly appreciate your feedback and suggestion. I think you just made up my mind

City
    Battle Mountain
    State
    Nevada
    The adapter harness you need replaces the stock harness with 2 plugs and makes it 1 plug for the sealed headlight.

2014 Mysterious Red Sunglo
    Stage 1 D&D Boss Fat Cat 2-1 exhaust FP3 tuner
    JW Speaker E2, Custom Dynamic running and tails, 8 plasma rods
    Soundz Customz level 5 Carbon Iron series, 5x7 lids
    Color matched inner fairing and King tour pack with lowers
    Fork fangs, Fairing deflectors, REDA bag bolts

City
    Conroe
    State
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by TomA View Post
    The adapter harness you need replaces the stock harness with 2 plugs and makes it 1 plug for the sealed headlight.
    Thank you sir! That was what I was wondering