Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    City
    Fairfax
    State
    Virginia
    Quote Originally Posted by CoHam View Post
    Iíve been having the same problem, same nut. I also have true duals, the V&H Dresser Duals. Is that what you have? Iíve been thinking the cause might be the V&H exhaust gasket. Itís flat to mate with the pipes, unlike the stock beveled gasket that mates with the stock pipe.
    Yes, I have the Dresser Duals. I had everything apart (which is when the problem started - figures) to replace my cam cover. When I did the reassembly, I used the HD Screaming Eagle gaskets which are flat as well.

I think Iíll pretend Iím in my 20s again and just double nut it. Bwahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Elliott
    2015 SGS - Amber Whiskey

Stage 1 - V&H Dresser Duals, CFR Slip Ons, RSD Clarity AC, and V&H FP3
    CD Bullet Ringz (Front)
    Accutronix Instigator rider boards
    Bad Dad Forward Control Kit with Toe Shifter
    Mustang LowDown Vintage Solo & low profile primary cover (vertically challenged)
    Kuryakyn Premium ISO Grips, Zombie Levers
    Kuryakyn Lower Triple Tree Wind Deflector
    HD 4-Point Docking Hardware, Rear Docking Hardware Cover Kit
    Klock Werks 6.5" Flare - Black

Prospect
    City
    MIDLAND
    State
    Texas
    I have the same problem on my 2016 SGS. Itís the only one that wonít stay tight. So I ended up putting another nut on top of it and that is the temporary fix.

City
    Parker
    State
    Colorado
    So, I finished the rebuild. Didn't need to use brake cleaner because the heads were completely cleaned when the port work was done. I didn't want to double-nut it, worried about getting a wrench in there later when trying to remove it. I wanted one solution for both front and back exhaust port.

So, starting with very clean exhaust port bolts, I used new serrated flange nuts that I bought instead of the smooth stock ones. I could not find them at Lowes, Home Depot, Autozone, or O'Reily's in the right size, so I bought them online. I have included a photo. Murphy's Law, the weather went bad just as I completed the rebuild, so I haven't been able to put miles on it. I'll try to remember to report back once the weather allows about 1000 miles on it.

IMG_3624.jpg

City
    Cedar Rapids
    State
    Iowa
    I was thinking star washers but this looks like a better / cleaner looking idea.