Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    City
    El Paso
    State
    Texas

Here's the 2 spacer washers. I'm pointing at the one they advised to take out and replace with stock washer.

Here's where I replaced it with the stock washer. Much more thread going into mounting hole. Now I feel better!

Here's the bottom eyelet of the shock with both spacers.

Here's photo after replacing it with stock washer on lower eyelet.

Hopes this helps.... check yours if you have Ohlins on your SG or call them for guidance. Not sure on other manufacturers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2015 Street Glide Special (Vivid Black): Stage 1 - FP3, DK Custom Hi Flow 606 air cleaner w/ premium discrete external breather, Freedom Performance Eagle 4" slip-ons.
    Long Ride 7" windshield | custom screen on fairing vent | Eagle lights black face LED headlight | CD LED turn signals frot and back | Alarm siren mod | 3M protective film on fairing, lower tank and saddlebags | carpeted saddlebags | Avon edge cut grips | HD Edge cut saddlebag latch covers

City
    Cleveland Zoo
    State
    Ohio
    I don't have those exact Ohlins but when I mounted mine I spaced so there was no binding. My Ohlins HD 022 do not swivel at the eye where the mounting bolt goes through, so to prevent premature shaft wear and for smooth operation, I had to take care when mounting. A one-fits-all mounting system might not be the correct one for your bike.
    2014 SGS

City
    El Paso
    State
    Texas
    OldMike... not sure what your saying about spacing. I was talking about the 2 spacers on top and 2 on the bottom of each shock taking up too much space for the bolt to feed through and screw in far enough. This was from the installation manual but not recommended by Ohlins USA.

It is not a one-fits-all mounting system. It is specifically ordered for my touring model.

2015 Street Glide Special (Vivid Black): Stage 1 - FP3, DK Custom Hi Flow 606 air cleaner w/ premium discrete external breather, Freedom Performance Eagle 4" slip-ons.
    Long Ride 7" windshield | custom screen on fairing vent | Eagle lights black face LED headlight | CD LED turn signals frot and back | Alarm siren mod | 3M protective film on fairing, lower tank and saddlebags | carpeted saddlebags | Avon edge cut grips | HD Edge cut saddlebag latch covers

City
    Cleveland Zoo
    State
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by jm1797 View Post
    OldMike... not sure what your saying about spacing. I was talking about the 2 spacers on top and 2 on the bottom of each shock taking up too much space for the bolt to feed through and screw in far enough. This was from the installation manual but not recommended by Ohlins USA.

It is not a one-fits-all mounting system. It is specifically ordered for my touring model.

I understand completely what you did to make your bolt fit.
    I'm talking about something different, I used a method so there is no binding which can cause premature shock wear. It is just a install tip for those who might care.
    2014 SGS