Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    City
    Parker
    State
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by jm1797 View Post
    Forgot to ask will the ohlins shocks mount right side up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It didnít occur to me that they should be mounted any other way.

City
    El Paso
    State
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by CoHam View Post
    It didnít occur to me that they should be mounted any other way.
    Was wondering because one of the stock shocks was mounted upside down from the dealerships to better fit docking hardware.

2015 Street Glide Special (Vivid Black): Stage 1 - FP3, DK Custom Hi Flow 606 air cleaner w/ premium discrete external breather, Freedom Performance Eagle 4" slip-ons.
    Long Ride 7" windshield | custom screen on fairing vent | Eagle lights black face LED headlight | CD LED turn signals frot and back | Alarm siren mod | 3M protective film on fairing, lower tank and saddlebags | carpeted saddlebags | Avon edge cut grips | HD Edge cut saddlebag latch covers

City
    Stow
    State
    Ohio
    Forgot to ask will the ohlins shocks mount right side up?

Yes the Ohlins will mount normally and the 4 point docking hardware will mount like it should, I just did the HD772ís and installed the 102ís in the front, rides and handles like it should now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 FLHXSE Street Glide

City
    El Paso
    State
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by serdvd6 View Post
    Yes the Ohlins will mount normally and the 4 point docking hardware will mount like it should, I just did the HD772ís and installed the 102ís in the front, rides and handles like it should now!

Thanks... mine should be here before the weekend!

2015 Street Glide Special (Vivid Black): Stage 1 - FP3, DK Custom Hi Flow 606 air cleaner w/ premium discrete external breather, Freedom Performance Eagle 4" slip-ons.
    Long Ride 7" windshield | custom screen on fairing vent | Eagle lights black face LED headlight | CD LED turn signals frot and back | Alarm siren mod | 3M protective film on fairing, lower tank and saddlebags | carpeted saddlebags | Avon edge cut grips | HD Edge cut saddlebag latch covers

City
    El Paso
    State
    Texas

Question for serdvd or anyone that knows. I installed the Ohlins 772 on my SGS and was wondering about the stock mounting hardware. Of course you mount them using the stock bolt. But how about the stock washer and stock split washer. The instructions don't say and I feel like if use the washer and split washer that there's too little bolt thread going into the screw hole (if you know what I mean...). I'm just using the split washer and bolt to instal the shocks.

Maybe someone can chime in? I'm planning on calling ohlins tomorrow and asking.

City
    Stow
    State
    Ohio
    Question for serdvd or anyone that knows. I installed the Ohlins 772 on my SGS and was wondering about the stock mounting hardware. Of course you mount them using the stock bolt. But how about the stock washer and stock split washer. The instructions don't say and I feel like if use the washer and split washer that there's too little bolt thread going into the screw hole (if you know what I mean...). I'm just using the split washer and bolt to instal the shocks.

Maybe someone can chime in? I'm planning on calling ohlins tomorrow and asking.

This may help you

Capture.jpg

Ohlins_DTC_einbauanleitung-hd-772-englisch.pdf
    2016 FLHXSE Street Glide

City
    El Paso
    State
    Texas
    Thanks... I have that paperwork. Doesn't say anything about stock mounting hardware. The diagram shows Ohlins parts only. But how about the stock hardware to mount the shocks. Stock bolt stock split washer and stock washer.... did you use all 3?

City
    Stow
    State
    Ohio
    Thanks... I have that paperwork. Doesn't say anything about stock mounting hardware. The diagram shows Ohlins parts only. But how about the stock hardware to mount the shocks. Stock bolt stock split washer and stock washer.... did you use all 3?

I used stock bolt with the washers that came with the shocks as in the diagram and blue lock tight
    2016 FLHXSE Street Glide

City
    El Paso
    State
    Texas
    All right I just got off the phone with Ohlins USA. Apparently the shocks get made and shipped from Sweden with 8 spacer washers (4 per shock). The US based Ohlins employees I spoke to say when they do installs at bike rallies they only use two per shock. If you use 4 like in the diagram, plus the stock flat washer and split locking washer, it leaves too little thread going into the mounting hole. He said they brought it up to the main Ohlins company but it has fallen on deaf ears. He said you don't need the outer spacer washer. So the install would be the spacer washer on the inside between the mounting hole and shock. Then the sleeve that goes inside the eyelet. Followed by stock flat washer and split lock washer. So no spacer washer between the outside of the shock eyelet and the flat washer and split washer/ bolt head.

He said there's not enough bolt threads going into the mounting hole if you follow directions in manual. This is why they recommend 1 spacer on top and 1 on bottom. So this confirmed my thoughts also.

***If you have these or similar Ohlins on your street glide please check them. I'll post before and after pics once I remove that outer spacer washer.

City
    Parker
    State
    Colorado
    All right I just got off the phone with Ohlins USA. Apparently the shocks get made and shipped from Sweden with 8 spacer washers (4 per shock). The US based Ohlins employees I spoke to say when they do installs at bike rallies they only use two per shock. If you use 4 like in the diagram, plus the stock flat washer and split locking washer, it leaves too little thread going into the mounting hole. He said they brought it up to the main Ohlins company but it has fallen on deaf ears. He said you don't need the outer spacer washer. So the install would be the spacer washer on the inside between the mounting hole and shock. Then the sleeve that goes inside the eyelet. Followed by stock flat washer and split lock washer. So no spacer washer between the outside of the shock eyelet and the flat washer and split washer/ bolt head.

He said there's not enough bolt threads going into the mounting hole if you follow directions in manual. This is why they recommend 1 spacer on top and 1 on bottom. So this confirmed my thoughts also.

***If you have these or similar Ohlins on your street glide please check them. I'll post before and after pics once I remove that outer spacer washer.

jm1797,
    Thanks for looking out for the rest of us. I don’t remember what I used when installing, but I am definitely going to pull the bags off and check on the first day the garage is warm enough that I won’t freeze my butt off. I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know.