New sundowner seat

I just put a new sundowner seat on my 17 glide. It looks like an Electra Glide standard from the 90s now. Donít like the look, but hoping for some comfort for my wife. She would not ride anymore due to the crappy stock rear shocks.

City
    Old Bridge
    State
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Blackglide View Post
    I just put a new sundowner seat on my 17 glide. It looks like an Electra Glide standard from the 90s now. Don’t like the look, but hoping for some comfort for my wife. She would not ride anymore due to the crappy stock rear shocks.
    Put an Ultra on mine

City
    Rome
    State
    New York
    IMG_2335.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Blackglide View Post
    I just put a new sundowner seat on my 17 glide. It looks like an Electra Glide standard from the 90s now. Donít like the look, but hoping for some comfort for my wife. She would not ride anymore due to the crappy stock rear shocks.
    I felt like I was sliding off to one side or the other with the original seat, so I bought a Mustang #79700 LowDown seat and a rider backrest. Both worked great. As for shocks, I changed the dumb "adjustable" factory shock for a set of Legend Revo-A (#1310-0959) adjustable shocks - another big improvement.

I got to try the new sundowner seat out. It is a huge difference. The bike rides like an Ultra now. Not sure what my wife will think, but I really like it.

City
    Murrells Inlet
    State
    South Carolina
    I went from the stock air shocks to Suspension Technology shocks, wife is very happy.

Ken

The weather cleared and finally got my wife on with the Sundowner seat and we were both surprised how great the bike rode. I set the shocks on 15 and it rode like an Ultra. I was to the point of getting rid of it.

Prospect
    City
    Boalsburg
    State
    Pennsylvania
    Do you sit farther back with the Mustang seat?