Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    City
    Cleobury Mortimer
    State
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by malcvtr View Post
    Thanks very much. Thatís really good info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Well, the dealership said to buy 1157 bulbs and all should be good, just as you suggested. Iím in Vienna at the moment (not on the SG), so itíll have to wait until I get back on the weekend.

2015 Street Glide Special
    Charcoal Pearl
    Ohlins HD772 rear suspension
    Ohlins FK-102 front suspension
    National Cycle 7.5" vStream
    Kuryakyn fairing air deflectors
    Kuryakyn heel shift eliminator
    Sundowner seat
    HD heated grips
    Hidden antenna

City
    Cleobury Mortimer
    State
    N/A
    Well, the dealership said to buy 1157 bulbs and all should be good, just as you suggested. Iím in Vienna at the moment (not on the SG), so itíll have to wait until I get back on the weekend.

I finally got round to fitting these after two weeksí suffering from a chest infection. I can report that 1157 (tail/stop) bulbs work, but the tail light filament stays on all the time with the headlight.

I now need to check if this is legal in the UK. If not, Iíve got no idea which wire to cut!

Charcoal Pearl
    Sundowner seat
    HD heated grips
    Hidden antenna

City
    Cleobury Mortimer
    State
    N/A

I finally got round to fitting these after two weeksí suffering from a chest infection. I can report that 1157 (tail/stop) bulbs work, but the tail light filament stays on all the time with the headlight.

I now need to check if this is legal in the UK. If not, Iíve got no idea which wire to cut!

Charcoal Pearl
    Sundowner seat
    HD heated grips
    Hidden antenna

City
    Gilbert
    State
    Arizona
    What was the stock setup like? I assume you have amber lenses? Sadly I only know us info which allows amber running lights in the front. Given that your bike had 1156s I'm guessing you don't have amber running lights but just amber as turn signals.

I don't know why anything would have changed during your install. All you did was add a contact and filament to your signal housing that isn't connected to anything.

For testing, you can get a volt meter and check power to each pin. Your wires from the fairing should include a switched wire for the aux lights, turn signal wire, and a ground wire.

Edit. I just looked at the pictures of your wire harnesses again. You have 4 wires from the bike which means it may be energizing that as a running light. If this is the case, the blue wire will need to be removed. You can use a dental tool to pull the blue wire off the signal side of the connector (look up how to do it... I stabbed a pick into my thumb trying to depin those things). This will eliminate the running amber element and will do so with no permanent damage or chance of a short.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by azglocker; 02-06-2018 at 02:23 PM.
    2014 Street Glide Special in Mysterious Red
    drilled open mufflers
    K&N filter in stock housing
    auto tuned with FP3

daily driver. living in AZ, it's always riding season!

City
    Cleobury Mortimer
    State
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by azglocker View Post
    What was the stock setup like? I assume you have amber lenses? Sadly I only know us info which allows amber running lights in the front. Given that your bike had 1156s I'm guessing you don't have amber running lights but just amber as turn signals.

I don't know why anything would have changed during your install. All you did was add a contact and filament to your signal housing that isn't connected to anything.

For testing, you can get a volt meter and check power to each pin. Your wires from the fairing should include a switched wire for the aux lights, turn signal wire, and a ground wire.

Edit. I just looked at the pictures of your wire harnesses again. You have 4 wires from the bike which means it may be energizing that as a running light. If this is the case, the blue wire will need to be removed. You can use a dental tool to pull the blue wire off the signal side of the connector (look up how to do it... I stabbed a pick into my thumb trying to depin those things). This will eliminate the running amber element and will do so with no permanent damage or chance of a short.

Thank you. Thatís really useful info. I looked into the UK regs and it turns out itís legal to have amber running lights at the front! Great news. So I can leave things as they are... but Iíve ordered a pair of led inserts like those from Custom Dynamics - white outer ring and amber centre for the turn signal. Theyíre coming from China so will take a while to arrive

Charcoal Pearl
    Sundowner seat
    HD heated grips
    Hidden antenna

City
    Cleobury Mortimer
    State
    N/A
    Well, while I wait for the Chinese turn signals to arrive, I decided to fit the Harley fork mounted wind deflectors - part number 57400146a. But they wonít fit. The bullet turn signals hit them and thereís just no way to get them on... unless you know better?

If thereís a trick to fitting these with the auxiliary lighting kit, Iíd love to know. My thought is to cut away part of the wind deflectors.

Charcoal Pearl
    Sundowner seat
    HD heated grips
    Hidden antenna

City
    Tucson
    State
    Arizona
    I read somewhere there was another part number for deflectors that will fit with the aux. lighting, used by Ultra riders, maybe!
    2017 FLHXS Crushed Ice Pearl. Ridin' the "Wild West"
    107 cu. in., LRS windshield, soft lowers, stubby antenna, three-pocket windshield bag, {fork, fairing, mid-range, and triple tree wind deflectors}, rear crash bars, backrest with stealth rack, more to come!

City
    Gilbert
    State
    Arizona
    I am not aware of another model for ultras. Unless it's brand new. There used to be a brand called street-glide that fit but they're gone now.

You can make the for fang fit though. You just have to bend them out a bit. I don't have all the details as I haven't done it myself but 8ve seen other threads talking about it. I would avoid any cutting or drilling as you're likely going to chip the chrome and leave a rough edge that will rust.

2014 Street Glide Special in Mysterious Red
    drilled open mufflers
    K&N filter in stock housing
    auto tuned with FP3

daily driver. living in AZ, it's always riding season!

City
    Cleobury Mortimer
    State
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by azglocker View Post
    I am not aware of another model for ultras. Unless it's brand new. There used to be a brand called street-glide that fit but they're gone now.

You can make the for fang fit though. You just have to bend them out a bit. I don't have all the details as I haven't done it myself but 8ve seen other threads talking about it. I would avoid any cutting or drilling as you're likely going to chip the chrome and leave a rough edge that will rust.

Thanks for that. I've read that too on another forum, but there were no details about how they bent them. I guess you'd have to bend them backwards to get clearance.

If I cut them, I'll treat the cut edge and maybe put a plastic trim over it too. If I cut close enough to the turn signals, it shouldn't notice.

Just when I need a YouTube video "How to" there isn't one

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Charcoal Pearl
    Sundowner seat
    HD heated grips
    Hidden antenna