Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Founding Member
    City
    Kansas City
    State
    Kansas

HD Pilot 3 in 1 helmet with Boom! 20S headset

Finished up the installation of the Boom! Sena 20S Evo headset on my HD Pilot 3 in 1 helmet. Now I need to get the bike to the dealer for the flash and test it out.

Is there anyone on here using this particular headset? Was curious as to how well it performs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2015 Vivid Black SGS w/107 motor: V&H Pro Pipe, Thundermax tuner, SE Ventilator Elite AC with K&N filter, Andrews 30T pulley mod, AIM variable pressure clutch, Evolution Industries billet clutch basket, Twin Power compensator eliminator sprocket, HD highway pegs, HD passenger floorboards, RB Racing modified stock swingarm (2" over adjustable), HD 7" Wind Splitter windshield, HD black windshield trim, JM Corp 250W 2 channel amp and Focal 165 KRC speakers in fairing

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    I have the Sena helmet and it has the 20S I believe.
    2017 FLHXS Velocity Red Sunglow
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Stage 1 l V&H FP3 Tuner l SE air cleaner l Cobra 909 Slip ons l Stage ll Torque
    HD Hard Lowers
    l 4 Point detach l Low Backrest l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr & Rr LED's & Plasma Rods, Halo headlight l CVO seat l Tri-Bar / Brake Taillight

PSALM 91
    Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

Founding Member
    City
    Kansas City
    State
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    I have the Sena helmet and it has the 20S I believe.
    Can you post pics of your helmet Mojo, so that I can see the speaker placement? How is the sound quality on a scale from 1-10?

2015 Vivid Black SGS w/107 motor: V&H Pro Pipe, Thundermax tuner, SE Ventilator Elite AC with K&N filter, Andrews 30T pulley mod, AIM variable pressure clutch, Evolution Industries billet clutch basket, Twin Power compensator eliminator sprocket, HD highway pegs, HD passenger floorboards, RB Racing modified stock swingarm (2" over adjustable), HD 7" Wind Splitter windshield, HD black windshield trim, JM Corp 250W 2 channel amp and Focal 165 KRC speakers in fairing

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by NGOT8R View Post
    Can you post pics of your helmet Mojo, so that I can see the speaker placement? How is the sound quality on a scale from 1-10?

Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtZnQs_a6hc
    2017 FLHXS Velocity Red Sunglow
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Stage 1 l V&H FP3 Tuner l SE air cleaner l Cobra 909 Slip ons l Stage ll Torque
    HD Hard Lowers
    l 4 Point detach l Low Backrest l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr & Rr LED's & Plasma Rods, Halo headlight l CVO seat l Tri-Bar / Brake Taillight

PSALM 91
    Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

Founding Member
    City
    Kansas City
    State
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Thanks Mojo. I really like that helmet. I will be in the market for a Bluetooth capable 1/2 helmet soon and will keep the Sena in mind.

Prospect
    City
    Farmington
    State
    Utah
    I'd sure like to see your finished pics of your pilot with the Sena installed. I just order the Sena 30k for my pilot. I was thinking it wouldn't fit.

Prospect
    City
    Farmington
    State
    Utah
    I just saw your pics. Any chance of getting pics of your speaker placement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Founding Member
    City
    Kansas City
    State
    Kansas
    Sure! Give me just a bit and I'll post some pics for you.

Founding Member
    City
    Kansas City
    State
    Kansas
    Here are the pics of the speaker placement that you requested Chainsaw801. The helmet has some Velcro in it to secure the cheek pads. I took advantage of that and also added additional Velcro to the helmet where the rest of the speaker surface would make contact. Lastly, the speakers also have Velcro on the backs of them. It's almost like the 20S was made for this helmet. I hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Prospect
    City
    Farmington
    State
    Utah
    Thanks for the quick reply! Are the volume levels good and not muffled? It looks like you went with the adhesive instead of the clamp for the install too. We found these helmets after long rides would make our ears sore. Have you noticed any extra pressure on your ears? Sorry for the bombardment of questions. We were really thinking we were going to have to sell our new helmets last night before seeing your post.
    Last edited by Chainsaw801; Today at 10:28 AM.