Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    City
    Cape Coral
    State
    Florida

LED Headlight Upgrade

Interested in upgrading my 17' SGS headlight. Only considering Kuryakyn 7" Orbit or the Custom Dynamics 7" Truebeam. Anyone have expierence with either or done a side by side comparison? From their specifications they seem to perform very similar but there is a big difference in price. $249.00 vs $439.00. I spoke with JP Cycles yesterday, they had not heard of radio interference issues with the Custom Dynamics Truebeam.

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    I dumped my Daymaker for the Custom Dynamic unit with the Halo ring. Very pleased with it. Sold the Daymaker to a buddy for $150.
    2017 FLHXS Velocity Red Sunglow
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Stage 1 l V&H FP3 Tuner l SE air cleaner l Cobra 909 Slip ons l Stage ll Torque
    HD Hard Lowers
    l 4 Point detach l Low Backrest l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr & Rr LED's & Plasma Rods, Halo headlight l CVO seat l Tri-Bar / Brake Taillight

PSALM 91
    Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

Prospect
    City
    Volo
    State
    Illinois
    I had the Custom Dynamics, but it interfered with the radio (mostly AM....I know, who listens to AM?!). I put the filter on it and it still buzzed. Now have the Hogworkz Halomaker and it is great. $255 (Dennis Kirk) and no filter needed.
    HarleyAl

2016 Street Glide Special FLHXS
    -Velocity Red Sunglo
    -V&H Power Duals w/ SE Street Cannons
    -Tallboy Seat

City
    Warren
    State
    Massachusetts
    I have the CD true beam on my 18 sgs and no problems with radio reception,GREAT light

City
    Westchester
    State
    New York
    Like Mojo Iíve got the Custom Dynamics with the Halo. I like it a lot and have no static issues with FM, Phone or USB Tunes. I have no idea if it affects AM

More importantly I love the lllumination you get with the LED

2017 Velocity Red Street Glide Special
    4 point Docking Hardware
    H-D Detachable Low Back Rest
    H-D King Detachable Luggage Rack
    HD Fork Deflectors
    Kuryakn Between the Fork Deflector
    LRS 7" Elite Recurve Dark Smoke Windshield
    Custom Dynamic LED Headlght, front and rear signals, brake lighting, and LED Fender tip brake light.

City
    Gilbert
    State
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyAl View Post
    I had the Custom Dynamics, but it interfered with the radio (mostly AM....I know, who listens to AM?!). I put the filter on it and it still buzzed. Now have the Hogworkz Halomaker and it is great. $255 (Dennis Kirk) and no filter needed.
    Sorry to hijack but what filter did you have? My eagle lights headlight has killed my radio reception. I was going to try a ferrite bead and some home brew shielding (wire mesh)

Custom dynamics likely makes their product. Who makes kuryakyn?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2014 Street Glide Special in Mysterious Red
    drilled open mufflers
    K&N filter in stock housing
    auto tuned with FP3

daily driver. living in AZ, it's always riding season!

Prospect
    City
    Volo
    State
    Illinois
    Quote Originally Posted by azglocker View Post
    Sorry to hijack but what filter did you have? My eagle lights headlight has killed my radio reception. I was going to try a ferrite bead and some home brew shielding (wire mesh)

Custom dynamics likely makes their product. Who makes kuryakyn?

I tried two different Custom Dynamics filters (one stock, and one custom built by CD for me). I also tried a Headwinds brand filter. They all helped, but none solved the problem. I even tried using two filters at the same time.

Here is another one that I just found online:
    https://www.jpcycles.com/search/sear...012733&Ntk=All

Good luck!
    HarleyAl

2016 Street Glide Special FLHXS
    -Velocity Red Sunglo
    -V&H Power Duals w/ SE Street Cannons
    -Tallboy Seat

City
    Gilbert
    State
    Arizona
    Thanks for the link. I will try it but it's not what I expected. I suspect the noise is from the switching controller in the light. Most LEDs don't just draw a resistive load like incandescent bulbs but have a controller that switches the power on and off. You can even hear it in some lights (my streamlight strion whines at different pitches depending on the setting). Ferrite beads on the antenna and/or light harness may help but my goal I think is to shield the antenna wire from EMI through the fairing and maybe even under the tank to shield against interference from the plug wires.

2014 Street Glide Special in Mysterious Red
    drilled open mufflers
    K&N filter in stock housing
    auto tuned with FP3

daily driver. living in AZ, it's always riding season!

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee

Custom Dynamics Halo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 FLHXS Velocity Red Sunglow
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Stage 1 l V&H FP3 Tuner l SE air cleaner l Cobra 909 Slip ons l Stage ll Torque
    HD Hard Lowers
    l 4 Point detach l Low Backrest l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr & Rr LED's & Plasma Rods, Halo headlight l CVO seat l Tri-Bar / Brake Taillight

PSALM 91
    Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

Prospect
    City
    Savannah
    State
    Georgia
    Hey, just got a rock or something thrown into my headlight and cracked it from top to bottom. The light still works but I'm sure if I get caught in the rain it will get water in it so I'm looking at a new light. The one I found is HogWorkz 7″ LED Blackout HaloMaker Headlight Kit. Does anyone have one of these or know anything about them? It is supposed to be an easy swap and is not supposed to interfere with the radio and is considerably cheaper than the OEM replacement. Any help is appreciated. Oh it's a 18 Street Glide Special.