Prospect
    City
    Lumberton
    State
    North Carolina

Going To Laconia In June

and I have never been before. I would love to hear from you guys on where good riding, good food, and fun in general can bed. Any suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks.

City
    Old Bridge
    State
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by rutvutter999 View Post
    and I have never been before. I would love to hear from you guys on where good riding, good food, and fun in general can bed. Any suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks.
    Great rally with vendors, demo rides and a nice area. And definitely do Mt. Washington!

City
    Mamaroneck
    State
    New York
    I'm hoping to make it there this year. It would be my 1st time also. My wife has family about 45 minutes south of Laconia and they always offer me a place to stay if I go.
    Americade is in Lake George the week before Laconia and I may try to get to that also.

City
    Bathurst, New Brunswick, Canada
    State
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by theBullitt View Post
    I'm hoping to make it there this year. It would be my 1st time also. My wife has family about 45 minutes south of Laconia and they always offer me a place to stay if I go.
    Americade is in Lake George the week before Laconia and I may try to get to that also.
    As a longtime participant in the Americade rally on my Goldwing from 2001 through to 2006, I can tell you it is a very different today.
    I went last year. First it used to be mostly Goldwings today it is mostly Harley Davidsons. Second to me it is about half the size it used to be, including half the vendors.
    But still great riding area and good rally.
    2015 Morocco Gold SGS
    V&H Oversized 450 Titans \ FP3 tunner
    Arlen Ness plain Chrome hot legs front forks ; Ness retro Chrome fork boots
    Ness chrome calipers
    Arlen Ness floorboards, Ness frame grill
    Chrome Enforcer 19in / Slicer fender
    Roland Sands 8 inch Black 1 1/4" King Ape Bagger bars
    Custom Dynamics turn signal, front & Back
    Black console & fuel door
    Colour matched fairing vent
    Progressive 970 Piggyback reservoir shocks
    Sena Freewire Wireless Bluetooth
    HD soft engine chaps

City
    Parker
    State
    Colorado
    Try to checkout the Kancamagus Highway (Hwy 112). The eastern end is just west of Conway, NH. It’s western end is at North Woodstock, NH.
    North for a bit on 93 takes you through Franconia Notch, past where Old Man of the Mountain used to be until his face fell off a few years back, then on to the small town of Littleton. There use to be a Harley shop there. Then east out of Littleton on Hwy 302 is another great ride to Glen, NH where the Mt Washington Auto Road starts. Be sure to check weather conditions on the mountain before taking this road, it makes no difference how nice it is before you start up. The wind on the mountain can be fierce (I live in Colorado, and still greatly respect this road).

Conitinuing back east on 302 you’ll come to Conway, NH. This is considered an “Outlet shopping” mecca in this area. Then go southeast on Hwy 16 to West Ossipee. Take Hwy 12 west through Meredith and then Hwy 3 south to Laconia.

You may want to ride this strait through for a long day, or pick a place like Littleton to stay overnight along the way, or maybe closer to Mt. Washington along 302.

I grew up in the northeast, use to go to the Laconia run in the late 70’s. It’s been a decade since being back there, but this loop was always a favorite.
    Last edited by CoHam; 03-20-2018 at 08:28 AM.

Prospect
    City
    londonderry
    State
    New Hampshire
    do the kancamagus highway for sure, stop in n, woodstock and eat at truants tavern awesome food ,alot of bikes go there

Prospect
    City
    Topsham
    State
    Maine
    Quote Originally Posted by CoHam View Post
    Try to checkout the Kancamagus Highway (Hwy 112). The eastern end is just west of Conway, NH. It’s western end is at North Woodstock, NH.
    North for a bit on 93 takes you through Franconia Notch, past where Old Man of the Mountain used to be until his face fell off a few years back, then on to the small town of Littleton. There use to be a Harley shop there. Then east out of Littleton on Hwy 302 is another great ride to Glen, NH where the Mt Washington Auto Road starts. Be sure to check weather conditions on the mountain before taking this road, it makes no difference how nice it is before you start up. The wind on the mountain can be fierce (I live in Colorado, and still greatly respect this road).

Conitinuing back east on 302 you’ll come to Conway, NH. This is considered an “Outlet shopping” mecca in this area. Then go southeast on Hwy 16 to West Ossipee. Take Hwy 12 west through Meredith and then Hwy 3 south to Laconia.

You may want to ride this strait through for a long day, or pick a place like Littleton to stay overnight along the way, or maybe closer to Mt. Washington along 302.

I grew up in the northeast, use to go to the Laconia run in the late 70’s. It’s been a decade since being back there, but this loop was always a favorite.
    We do the route 112 loop 3/4 times a year, just awesome. During bike week they close all car traffic to the top of Mt Washington for a day. I heard they had 1700 bikes climb it that day in 2017