Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    City
    Battle Mountain
    State
    Nevada
    Your ECM and the tuner needs a little time to adjust to what you have down loaded and changed. Just did some upgrades and after the 3rd tank it's running a little better.

2014 Mysterious Red Sunglo
    Stage 1 D&D Boss Fat Cat 2-1 exhaust FP3 tuner
    JW Speaker E2, Custom Dynamic running and tails, 8 plasma rods
    Soundz Customz level 5 Carbon Iron series, 5x7 lids
    Color matched inner fairing and King tour pack with lowers
    Fork fangs, Fairing deflectors, REDA bag bolts

City
    Custar
    State
    Ohio
    Ok sounds like I just need a little patience

City
    Safford
    State
    Arizona
    As crazy as it sounds, the tuner needs a little break in and has a learning curve before it operate at it's optimal performance ability. After initial break in the most changes should be immediate.
    2014 Street Glide Charcoal Pearl, Vance & Hines power duals, Vance & Hines OS 450 Raiders slip-ons, Vance & Hines VO2 air intake, Vance & Hines FP-3 programmer
    Yaffe 12" bars, Rockford Fosgate amp, Polk Audio speakers, LRS shield, Michelin Commander II, 4 point docking with HD backrest. HD luggage rack. Performance Machine contrast cut trim. Removable color match tour pak.

City
    Custar
    State
    Ohio
    Thanks for all of the advice!

City
    Custar
    State
    Ohio
    Ok so I have ran 2 tanks of fuel through my bike since I put a tune on it. Upon inspection of my plugs they are still white on the electrode and the bottom 3 threads or so are black. I've read its tough with these new motors its had to gauge how rich or lean it is just by looking at the plugs ... Any thoughts?

City
    Chaska
    State
    Minnesota
    Plug reading is a complete waste of time except to identify a condition that is far away from the desired.
    2014 FLHXS: Sand Camo Denim
    H-D Parts Except as Noted: updated 04-Apr-2018
    Front Lighting: Illuminated Hand Control Switches; Auxiliary Lamp Kit; Norman 3000K LED Lamps W/PAR 36 Amber Lens Covers; JW Speaker Evolution II LED Headlight; Amber LED Turn Signals
    Rear Lighting: LED Light Bar; Tri-Bar Fender Brake Light; Tour-Pak and Saddlebag Run/Brake/Turn LED Lamps
    Chrome: Fork Sliders & Covers; Axle Spacer; Fairing Skirt; Curved License Frame; Classic Timer Cover; Docking Point Covers; Windshield Trim; Rear Saddlebag Guards; Radio Trim; Stealth Tour-Pak Rack; Tour-Pak Lamp Trim; Smooth Horn Cover; Saddlebag Hinge Covers; Landmark Fat Round Shift Linkage; Klock Werks Flush Front Axle; Inner Primary Housing; Solenoid Cover; Chopped Engine Guard; Front Engine Mount & Link; Arlen Ness Smooth A/C Cover; Oil Cooler Protection Screen; Kuryakyn Fender Accents and Trim
    Security: Smart Siren II; Brukus TourPack Bullet Secure; Reda Saddlebag Locks; FOBO Tire Pressure Monitors; V-Twin Metal Valve Stems; Micro Start Kit W/Harness & Tire Inflator; Fuel Door Lock; Abus 7000 Disc Lock Alarm
    Engine: 103"; Line2Line Coated Pistons; Andrews 57H cam; CNC Ported Heads; SE Wide Band Auto-Tuning Module; SE High Flow Street Cannon Exhaust; SE A&S Clutch Kit; Rekluse Centrifugal Clutch Pack; Dipstick Temp Gauge; S&S Stealth Air Cleaner; Yuasa GYZ Battery, 1.4 kW Starter; Amsoil; Mighty Might Cooling Fans & Accy Switch; GMR Compensaver; Pingel Shifter Shaft; High Output Charging System; SE Spark Plugs & Wires
    Handling: Cartridge Fork Dampening; Amsoil Suspension Oil; 18" Front Wheel; Floating Brake Rotors; EBC HH Brake Pads; Dunlop American Elite Tires; Ohlins HD 773 Shocks
    Comfort: Police Solo Saddle with Coil-Over Suspension; Extended Reach Footboards; SoftBrake 1 Extended Brake Lever & Reduced Reach Clutch Lever; Extended Shift Levers; Fairing Air Deflectors; Freedom 14" Windshield; Klock Werks Ergo Up Bars; Get-A-Grip Hand Grips; Kuryakyn Magnum Plus Mirrors
    Infotainment: Ultra Tank Console with Headset Connection & CVO Insert; Hidden Radio Antenna; GPS Map Update
    Luggage: Four Point Docking Hardware; Solo Tour-Pak Mounting Rack; King Tour-Pak and Lining; Tour-Pak Wall Organizer; Premium King Travel-Pak; Chopped Backrest Pad; Premium Saddlebag Travel-Paks; Innovative Storage Solutions Tool Bags; Saddle Bag Guard Bags & Bottle Holders
    Appearance: CVO Black Gauges; Carbon Fiber Gauge Panel; De-badged Gas Tank; Skull Emblems over Fairing Mirror Holes; Diamond Engineering 12 Point Engine Screws; Allen Hole Plugs; Piston Muffler End Caps

City
    Mystic
    State
    Connecticut
    After reading opinions and experiences of others looking for information on the Vance and Hines FP3 and my simple setup I forged my own path, nothing spectacular but its complete. I called V&H to find out which of their slip ons would most closely match my Cobra Neighbor Haters, a few minutes on hold (like calling any other big company) I was told to choose the V&H Eliminator 400s. I installed the FP3 which took all of 3 minutes. Once activated via Bluetooth the FP3 automatically updated itself with the most recent firmware. Following the simple instructions I was on the road in 15 minutes. It was like riding a new 2017 Street Glide Special all over again. Great throttle response and huge reduction in engine heat.

City
    Alexandria
    State
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkss View Post
    Plug reading is a complete waste of time except to identify a condition that is far away from the desired.
    I agree with hulkss!
    To read a plug correctly the ignition must be shut off at the rpm that you want to read. If you ride the bike hard on the highway then tool through your neighborhood and idle into your garage your plugs will reflect slow speed and idle more so than your highway time.
    This from several old school hot rod builders and tuners and the occasional plug reading guide in Hot Rod Mag and others etc.
    Plug reading in today's world of electronic ignitions is more apt to be used to determine the correct heat range or signs of oil consumption than air-fuel ratio management.
    Last edited by BluesBelly; 07-20-2018 at 10:04 AM.
    2014 FLHX Brilliant Silver Pearl
    Fuel Moto air intake
    2014 CVO mufflers
    13" Ultra air shocks
    Custom Dynamics LED's
    10" dark tint Wind Vest
    Fairing mount air deflectors
    Fork Fangs
    Saddlebag guards
    HD Detachable sissy bar, back rest,
    and detachable Air Wing rack
    6.5 Boom stage I speakers