Thread: Fairing Lowers

Prospect
    City
    Cuttyhunk
    State
    Massachusetts

Fairing Lowers

I bought a pair of Advan Black lowers and they did not come with a cutout for the lower brake cylinder. Anyone buy a pair with a cutout already in them? Have a 2012 SG. Thanks.

Prospect
    City
    Winston Salem
    State
    North Carolina
    My buddy had the same issue... I made a notch with a grinder. Smoothed it out with files. Looks good! Be sure to use tape around the area when making the notch.
    2010 FLHX - Modified Stock Header - V&H Intake - V&H Eliminators - Andrews 37H cams - Barnett Kevler clutch plates - Barnett Clutch Basket - SE Compensator - V&H FP3 - Custom Paint - 10" Yaffe Monkey bars - and...

Prospect
    City
    Cuttyhunk
    State
    Massachusetts
    I see you have lowers. You didn't have that problem? Did yours come with the bike? I would think anyone buying after market lowers to put on the original equipment bars with stock brake cylinder on the lower frame would have the same problem. When you cut out the notch was the fiberglass Black all the way through or could you see white? Thanks for the feedback.

Prospect
    City
    Winston Salem
    State
    North Carolina
    Mine are after market from https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lower-Vente...NYbvEr&vxp=mtr

I got them a few years ago and had them painted to match and added the Harley magnetic doors. For the price they are pretty nice. No complaints.

The fit was good and I didn't have to notch mine. My buddy got the same ones but I had to notch his, 2014 Street Glide.
    Last edited by diggerv; 04-16-2018 at 07:40 PM.
    2010 FLHX - Modified Stock Header - V&H Intake - V&H Eliminators - Andrews 37H cams - Barnett Kevler clutch plates - Barnett Clutch Basket - SE Compensator - V&H FP3 - Custom Paint - 10" Yaffe Monkey bars - and...