Prospect
    City
    Highland
    State
    Indiana

Stock seat question

Alright guys. Picked up the new 2018 sg standard today. Stock seat isn't horrible but i feel like it is pushing me towards the gas tank. I have to keep scooting my butt back. What feature in a new seat would stop that? I'm 5'10" with a32 inch inseam

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

City
    Alexandria
    State
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy4975 View Post
    Alright guys. Picked up the new 2018 sg standard today. Stock seat isn't horrible but i feel like it is pushing me towards the gas tank. I have to keep scooting my butt back. What feature in a new seat would stop that? I'm 5'10" with a32 inch inseam
    Teddy,
    Congratulations on your new ride!
    Stock HD seats are not shaped well and are constructed on a cheap plastic base which is very flexible and can collapse a bit till it touches the frame. Aftermarket seats such as Mustang and others are constructed using a rigid fiberglass seat base with rubber bumpers contacting the frame at many points. Aftermarket seat manufacturers also take the time to better shape seat to rider.
    Street Glide driver position is about 1-1/2 inches rearward than an Ultra or full dress bagger. Or, If you were to put a HD touring seat on your Glide it would move you 1-1/2" forward.
    2014 FLHX Brilliant Silver Pearl
    Fuel Moto air intake
    2014 CVO mufflers
    13" Ultra air shocks
    Custom Dynamics LED's
    10" dark tint Wind Vest
    Fairing mount air deflectors
    Fork Fangs
    Saddlebag guards
    HD Detachable sissy bar, back rest,
    and detachable Air Wing rack
    6.5 Boom stage I speakers
    Midframe air deflector.
    Soft Brake 2" Extended brake pedal and 1.5" shift arm
    HD 1" extended swept floorboard pans with 1" outward extensions
    Grips, 4" mini passenger boards, & much Misc

Prospect
    City
    Jacksonville
    State
    Illinois
    Sent mine to Mean City Cycles http://www.meancitycycles.com/ had the sides shaved and a "tail bone" channel cut in it, very happy with it. They can do about anything you need. Might give them a call
    2017 FLHXS Superior Blue

City
    Gilbert
    State
    Arizona
    Woah I'm not the only one who feels like they keep sliding forward? I was starting to think I was a freak!

I went with a Mustang sport touring seat, didn't like the whole sliding forward thing and no low support. Had a sundowner on the 14 and it too made me slide forward like mad, to the point I opened it up and modded the foam myself.

If you otherwise like the stock seat, I'd consider mean city. I haven't used them but I hear nothing but praise from other people.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2014 Street Glide Special in Mysterious Red
    drilled open mufflers
    K&N filter in stock housing
    auto tuned with FP3

daily driver. living in AZ, it's always riding season!

City
    Owings
    State
    Maryland
    Me too, MCC... Giant difference
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Navy veteran of the USS Enterprise CVN-65
    NRA Life member
    2015 FLHXS Morocco Gold Pearl
    4” Rinehart slip-ons/ Jackpot ceramic header/ Power Vision and Woods TW222 cams. Canned tune 95HP/112TQ, Top Shop “New Minister” CVO style rear fender and “Viper” bags. Klockwerks “Slicer” front fender, Rockford Fosgate TM400x4ad/ Hertz HCX 165's in the fairing/ Polk MM692's in the lids

City
    Vandling
    State
    Pennsylvania
    I had the same problem and sent my saddle out to MCC also. They shaved the sides, took out the tailbone, added memory foam and extra foam for the passenger.
    2017 Street Glide Special
    Superior Blue