Prospect
    City
    TUCSON
    State
    Arizona

Unhappy Broken Monroe Air Shock

I installed Monroe DIY system and it works great. It has worked great for months. I just experienced a broken shock. The right side shock is broken at the top mount. The mount has broken off from the shock. Within a month of replacing the broken shock with a new Monroe shock, the shock on the left side broke the same way. Anyone else have this happen to them? Not sure what would cause the shock to break, a possible bad batch??
    Arizaino

"Give 'em Hell at The Bell"

City
    Battle Mountain
    State
    Nevada
    Can't remember where but I have seen something about this happening to others that have used the monroe shocks. There maybe a thread on here somewhere if you do a search.

2014 Mysterious Red Sunglo
    Stage 1 D&D Boss Fat Cat 2-1 exhaust FP3 tuner
    JW Speaker E2, Custom Dynamic running and tails, 8 plasma rods
    Soundz Customz level 5 Carbon Iron series, 5x7 lids
    Color matched inner fairing and King tour pack with lowers
    Fork fangs, Fairing deflectors, REDA bag bolts

I had mine welded all around the mount. Before installing them. If you look at all the companies that make them thats what they do.

City
    Fenton
    State
    Missouri
    I didn't know Monroe made shocks for Harleys. Obviously there is an issue with the welds but how are they compared to Progressive?
    2015 FLHX - LA Chopper's 10" bars w/heated grips, LA Chopper's Tru-Power 4" slipons with stock CAT in header, Ness Big Sucker A/C, V&H FP3 tuner.

They Dont Did;nt like the air ride . Went with a pair of Super Shox Very happy with them.