City
    Houston
    State
    Texas

Stock vs Hammock vs ??

I was looking for some recommendations on seats. I have the stock seat and use it when I ride solo. I bought by bike used and the previous owner gave me the hammock he bought also. I only use that seat when 2 up. The hammock is great for the passenger but is awful for me. Feels like I am riding on the gas tank and pushes me too far forward.

Recently I had LA Choppers 12 twin peaks put on my SGS. I used to need to be away from the bars more to be comfortable. With the new bars I am perfect.

The stock seat is good for fit for me now. I sit where I need to. Not too high, not too low and distance is perfect.

What seat could I get that would sit me the same as the stock seat but be more comfortable in a one up and two up configuration? Any one have similar issue as I?

Thanks
    2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
    Vivid Black
    --Lots of ideas so I am taking donations!

Prospect
    City
    Jacksonville
    State
    Illinois
    I had the stock seat modified by Mean City Cycles, I was having a "tailbone" issue, they put a "banana" cut in it, shaved the sides so my legs were more straight at stops, and installed some memory foam. I can ride all day now with no discomfort, this was the 3rd seat they did for me, and I hve been very happy with all. 17 SGS
    2017 FLHXS Superior Blue

City
    Fenton
    State
    Missouri
    LaPera Sorrento works great for me. I have 10" twin peaks and the Sorrento is in the same position as the stock seat but narrower so it feels a little lower. My wife likes this seat much better than the stock seat and I think it still looks good solo. I was after one seat that would do both. See pics.SG-bath5.jpg
    2015 FLHX - LA Chopper's 10" bars w/heated grips, LA Chopper's Tru-Power 4" slipons with stock CAT in header, Ness Big Sucker A/C, V&H FP3 tuner.

City
    Alexandria
    State
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by trublupsu94 View Post
    I was looking for some recommendations on seats. I have the stock seat and use it when I ride solo. I bought by bike used and the previous owner gave me the hammock he bought also. I only use that seat when 2 up. The hammock is great for the passenger but is awful for me. Feels like I am riding on the gas tank and pushes me too far forward.

Recently I had LA Choppers 12 twin peaks put on my SGS. I used to need to be away from the bars more to be comfortable. With the new bars I am perfect.

The stock seat is good for fit for me now. I sit where I need to. Not too high, not too low and distance is perfect.

What seat could I get that would sit me the same as the stock seat but be more comfortable in a one up and two up configuration? Any one have similar issue as I?

Thanks
    The stock SG seat driver position is 1-1/2" farther back than the Ultras and Road Glide full dress baggers. The Hammock seat is made for the Ultra and so it is 1-1/2" forward from the SG seat that is why your chocking on the Gas tank.
    The Mustang Summit seat is made specifically for 2014-2018 touring and is similar to the Riding position of the SG stock seat; 1-1/2" farther back from the stock Ultra and Hammock seats. The Mustang is also wider for Driver and Passenger.

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited by BluesBelly; 07-30-2018 at 08:57 PM.
    2014 FLHX Brilliant Silver Pearl
    Fuel Moto air intake
    2014 CVO mufflers
    13" Ultra air shocks
    Custom Dynamics LED's
    10" dark tint Wind Vest
    Fairing mount air deflectors
    Fork Fangs
    Saddlebag guards
    HD Detachable sissy bar, back rest,
    and detachable Air Wing rack
    6.5 Boom stage I speakers