Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    City
    Metro-Denver
    State
    Colorado
    So I went to go pick up some parts at the Dealer. I actually took time to look at the 2019 SGS's on the floor. Yup, all the "stock" ones were pushing 30k. I mean like 29k and change.
    2018 HD FLHXS (SGS)
    2017 HD FLSS (Softail Slim S) Olive Denim
    2017 BMW R1200 GSA

City
    Independence
    State
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by SGBart View Post
    So I went to go pick up some parts at the Dealer. I actually took time to look at the 2019 SGS's on the floor. Yup, all the "stock" ones were pushing 30k. I mean like 29k and change.
    Definitely trouble ahead for both MOCO and the dealerships.

2017 Streetglide Special - Vivid Black

Chrome Enforcer wheels
    CVO extended bags
    Chrome front end
    Screamin' Eagle High flow air cleaner
    V&H Power Duals header
    4.5" Screamin' Eagle Street Cannons
    V&H FP3 Tuner
    Klock Werks Flare 6.5"
    HD Low profile solo seat
    Hogworkz Chopped Tour Pack

City
    Jackson
    State
    Mississippi
    Quote Originally Posted by SGBart View Post
    Yep, that is the specials. Too Pricey for me

City
    Elkhart
    State
    Indiana
    Looked at a 19 CVO Sat, their over priced and HD Quality Control SUCK. It had a Chrome saddlebag latch on one side and Black on the other, Silver Side cover on one side and red on the other, HOW in the hell did that get out the door?
    16 Street Glide Special, 117" 11.3:1, T Mann Pro Touring Port Job, 680 Cams, Hydo/Solid Lifters, S&S Adjustable Push Rods, 61mm HPI, TTS Programmer, S&S Air Cleaner, Rinehart Classic Duals, Chrome Frontend, Painted Inner Fairing, LED Lights

City
    Parker
    State
    Colorado
    I dumped my HOG stock in April 2017, sure glad I did and only wish Iíd done that back in 2014, but hindsight is 20/20.

The motor company doesnít have a clue, and hasnít for a while. That has now become so blatantly obvious that nobody can deny it, even some die hard fan-boys that I know. I still love my bike, but not the company or its dealerships. Iím not ashamed of that because they are not worthy of my loyalty.

A Harley is basically a tractor with two wheels. You can keep it running and rebuild the motor with a set of hand tools. If itís not fast enough then rebuild the motor, make it bigger and flow better, thatís the fun part anyway. Donít buy a new one, youíll spend a butt-load of money making it what it should have been from the factory in the first place (like I did on every one of mine, but never again). Iím keeping my 2016 until the frame falls apart, then Iíll buy a new aftermarket frame.

City
    Battle Mountain
    State
    Nevada
    [QUOTE=CoHam;88347]I dumped my HOG stock in April 2017, sure glad I did and only wish Iíd done that back in 2014, but hindsight is 20/20.

The motor company doesnít have a clue, and hasnít for a while. That has now become so blatantly obvious that nobody can deny it, even some die hard fan-boys that I know. I still love my bike, but not the company or its dealerships. Iím not ashamed of that because they are not worthy of my loyalty.

A Harley is basically a tractor with two wheels. You can keep it running and rebuild the motor with a set of hand tools. If itís not fast enough then rebuild the motor, make it bigger and flow better, thatís the fun part anyway. Donít buy a new one, youíll spend a butt-load of money making it what it should have been from the factory in the first place (like I did on every one of mine, but never again). Iím keeping my 2016 until the frame falls apart, then Iíll buy a new aftermarket frame.[/QUOTE

Probably more truth to this then we want to admit. Not getting rid of mine anytime soon either just about have it where I want it now.

2014 Mysterious Red Sunglo
    Stage 1 D&D Boss Fat Cat 2-1 exhaust FP3 tuner
    JW Speaker E2, Custom Dynamic running and tails, 8 plasma rods
    Soundz Customz level 5 Carbon Iron series, 5x7 lids
    Color matched inner fairing and King tour pack with lowers
    Fork fangs, Fairing deflectors, REDA bag bolts

City
    Independence
    State
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by CoHam View Post
    I dumped my HOG stock in April 2017, sure glad I did and only wish I’d done that back in 2014, but hindsight is 20/20.

The motor company doesn’t have a clue, and hasn’t for a while. That has now become so blatantly obvious that nobody can deny it, even some die hard fan-boys that I know. I still love my bike, but not the company or its dealerships. I’m not ashamed of that because they are not worthy of my loyalty.

A Harley is basically a tractor with two wheels. You can keep it running and rebuild the motor with a set of hand tools. If it’s not fast enough then rebuild the motor, make it bigger and flow better, that’s the fun part anyway. Don’t buy a new one, you’ll spend a butt-load of money making it what it should have been from the factory in the first place (like I did on every one of mine, but never again). I’m keeping my 2016 until the frame falls apart, then I’ll buy a new aftermarket frame.
    Great statement. I hadn't owned a HD in over 15 years when I bought my SGS last year. I too love my bike, and it's my last. Everyone on the planet knows the struggles the MOCO is facing now and have been for sometime. Step into any dealership and it's like everything is still flying out the door. All unicorns and rainbows. It's sad to see the facade I'm sure is being pressed down from the top.

2017 Streetglide Special - Vivid Black

Chrome Enforcer wheels
    CVO extended bags
    Chrome front end
    Screamin' Eagle High flow air cleaner
    V&H Power Duals header
    4.5" Screamin' Eagle Street Cannons
    V&H FP3 Tuner
    Klock Werks Flare 6.5"
    HD Low profile solo seat
    Hogworkz Chopped Tour Pack

City
    Metro-Denver
    State
    Colorado
    While I do agree MoCo is missing the mark when it comes to cruisers and new/young buyers and cost, I think they are moving in the right direction by expanding their line-up. I've ridden motorcycles for over 30+ years. All makes and models and I have to say I do like their coming "Naked Sportbike" and "Pan America". I currently also ride a BMW GSA and depending on the price and performance specs of the Pan America, it might replace my BMW. Also while I still like Sportbikes, my neck, back and wrists won't let me. But naked sportbikes are still doable for me. It would be something I'll look at when it comes out, but it has to be comparable in price and performance as the say the Aprilia Tuono or Ducati Monster 1200... Meaning no more than 15k....
    2018 HD FLHXS (SGS)
    2017 HD FLSS (Softail Slim S) Olive Denim
    2017 BMW R1200 GSA

City
    Jackson
    State
    Mississippi
    It will be interesting to see how they electric does. If they keep the price down they just might sell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

City
    Fenton
    State
    Missouri
    I don't get why HD riders bash HD so much?? What other brands are doing good? That's right none of them go to some dealers and see. MC sales are down for everyone not just HD. Doc's HD in St. Louis is still moving quite a few of these overpriced bikes out the door some how, damn near every time I'm there the bell is ringing for a new sale. It should be encouraging that HD is bringing out all of these new models, overpriced or not at least they are trying to expand into different markets. SGBart I'm curious to see how the Pan America bike will do up against BMW, that seems to be a growing market and I'm glad HD is trying to make a splash into it. Maybe just maybe it will do well and they look back into dirt bikes again!!
    2015 FLHX - LA Chopper's 10" bars w/heated grips, LA Chopper's Tru-Power 4" slipons with stock CAT in header, Ness Big Sucker A/C, V&H FP3 tuner.