Thread: GoPro Hero 7

City
    East Valley
    State
    Arizona

GoPro Hero 7

On my way to Vegas I captured some video clips of my ride up there and back. I was impressed with stabilization feature it has, as much as our bikes shake the video clips were nice to view. I was using a Hero 3 white on the front fairing using CIRO mount and video clips did not come out half as bad. I mounted Hero 7 using RAM 1" ball mount on the handlebar and though bike vibrates so much video clips came out very nice. I am new to video recording with GoPro cameras so I will need to learn more on how to use GoPro Quik app and Edit them to make a short video clip of my trip to Vegas. Wife was using Hero Session on a selfie stick but mostly she captured my helmet as she is afraid she'll drop the camera....LOL!

Anyone has any experience with Hero 7 and what they think of it? Where are you mounting your GoPro camera?

I have two 360 degree mounts by Forevercam, one 360 degree mount along with ball joint mount I am using on a handlebar to replace the RAM mount. RAM mount vibrates much more than this mount. I got them from Amazon, the other 360 degree mount I placed it on crash bar on the left side and captured some clips of our group ride while we were in Vegas.

One of my plastic Hero camera case bottom tab broke and almost lost my Hero 3 so now I am using aluminum cases for all 3 of my Hero cameras. I don't want to take a chance with heavy vibration of my bike so I am trying to switch over to any/all accessories I can find made of aluminum.

Also I found GoPro cameras have extremely out of date battery technology and only last less than 2 hours so I have been using Rep-fuel battery pack for off the bike video capturing....highly recommend Re-fuel product, great customer service also.

611zQH5zKHL._SL1000_.jpg
    51t1LCXCDWL.jpg
    rf-6h50_8_.png
    Last edited by BlkDragon; 10-27-2018 at 09:53 PM.
    '15 FLHX, Vivid Black, ton of upgrades to list!

City
    Gilbert
    State
    Arizona
    Color me ignorant, I'd never though of looking at non-gopro branded batteries! I have the extended battery pack for mine just so it'll last long enough for a short ride but when I know it's going to be over an hour I will plug in a charger.

I have a hero 4 silver, used it for a few rides. Think I have them on my YouTube channel. I don't record my rides enough to justify a 7 but what I've seen about them is pretty damn nice.

Last time I tried compiling a video using the gopro software it kept locking up. Hdd died on that computer too so whatever video clips I had on there are now toast.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2018 Street Glide, Wicked Red.
    SE stage 1
    Mustang seat
    LEDs!

daily driver. living in AZ, it's always riding season!

City
    East Valley
    State
    Arizona
    I hear ya.....GoPro app is not very easy to use, I read a lot of folks have issues with it. I tried Quik app with a very short clip using my phone and it came out good. But have not really spent too much time on my computer with Quik app.

With High Definition video stuff best to use SSD or better HDD with Intel i5/i7 with at least 8/12Gb RAM to get videos downloading from camera and editing.

I was watching a video clip on someone reviewing on CIRO camera mount using older Hero and without stabilization video was not good enough to enjoy. I have been riding for many years and never really looked at any of the places I rode, I am one of those that set a destination and only stop for fuel/food/restroom stop. Nothing else and missed out on so many beautiful places. When I found out about Hero 7 I made my move so I can capture some rides along with sceneries so I can show and tell. I am by no mean good in taking pictures or video but I will learn and capture some nice video clips while riding.

I plan on riding to PCH next year with couple of my riding friends all the way to SF and back so by then I am hoping I will learn how to setup my cameras and capture different positions like some of the video clips I saw on YouTube. Some are almost as good as professional folks, very creative in capturing video clips from different angles.
    Last edited by BlkDragon; 10-27-2018 at 11:46 PM.

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    BlkDragon, allow yourself extra "Traffic" time on the PCH. It's beautiful but crowded.
    2017 FLHXS Velocity Red Sunglow
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Stage 1 l V&H FP3 Tuner l SE air cleaner l Cobra 909 Slip ons l Stage ll Torque
    HD Hard Lowers
    l 4 Point detach l Low Backrest l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr & Rr LED's & Plasma Rods, Halo headlight l CVO seat l Tri-Bar / Brake Taillight

PSALM 91
    Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

City
    East Valley
    State
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    BlkDragon, allow yourself extra "Traffic" time on the PCH. It's beautiful but crowded.
    Thanks Mojo....I know there are few road constructions so definitely need more time :-)

City
    East Valley
    State
    Arizona
    I am still trying to find the best place to mount Hero 7 Black to capture me & my wife during our ride. She is too scare to use selfie stick and mounting on the handlebar still has a lot of shaking but video clips are actually nice to view. However wife is not in the picture fully so I may have to look for another spot. I found that best place for mounting with very little wind noise is behind wind screen if you are riding solo. But to capture both rider/passenger you have very little choice behind the wind screen.

Anyone has any suggestions on best spot to mount to capture both rider/passenger...????