Prospect
    City
    chicago
    State
    N/A

Intake and tuner

Ignore my ignorance as I am new to this. I was going to high jack the last post about slip on and tuner. But figured I would start a new one. So since I figured out I dont need a tuner for slip ons. Would I be able to add a intake like the screamin eagle big air without a tuner also?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

City
    Battle Mountain
    State
    Nevada
    I'm no expert but you can, but if you change the head pipe you will need one . A good tuner will help even with just the slip ons.

2014 Mysterious Red Sunglo
    Stage 1 D&D Boss Fat Cat 2-1 exhaust FP3 tuner
    JW Speaker E2, Custom Dynamic running and tails, 8 plasma rods
    Soundz Customz level 5 Carbon Iron series, 5x7 lids
    Color matched inner fairing and King tour pack with lowers
    Fork fangs, Fairing deflectors, REDA bag bolts

Prospect
    City
    chicago
    State
    N/A
    What are some of the top brand tuners that guys are using?

City
    Independence
    State
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by cobranick View Post
    Ignore my ignorance as I am new to this. I was going to high jack the last post about slip on and tuner. But figured I would start a new one. So since I figured out I dont need a tuner for slip ons. Would I be able to add a intake like the screamin eagle big air without a tuner also?

I would highly suggest a tuner if you go with a high flow intake and your slipons. I believe others will endorse this recommendation. I personally use the V&H FP3 tuner. It's very user friendly and has nice features. Dependent upon the level of performance you're after, stage 2, 3, 4, beyond etc... There's probably better ones suited. But for head pipes, high flow intake, slipons, and cams the FP3 is a perfect solution. Just my opinion...
    Last edited by MKA_5966; 03-11-2019 at 01:57 PM.

2017 Streetglide Special
    Chrome Enforcer wheels
    CVO extended bags
    Chrome front end
    Screamin' Eagle High flow air cleaner
    V&H Power Duals header
    4.5" Screamin' Eagle Street Cannons
    V&H FP3 Tuner
    HD Low profile solo seat
    Curved plate frame
    Hogworkz Chopped Tour Pack
    Docking kit, bar & SG backrest

City
    Warren
    State
    Massachusetts
    You absolutely need a tuner if you use a high flow ac of any type.i run the power vision 2 very user freindly.i got mine from fuel moto with a map pre loaded for my setup and they will send you a new map for future upgrades,there awesome.

Founding Member
    City
    Kansas City
    State
    Kansas
    I installed an SE wedge air cleaner and a decatted stock header on my buddy's 2017 RGS and he does not have a tuner. He has ridden it several thousand miles since then and says the bike (stock ECM) was able to iron itself out and the bike runs very good with no problems.

2015 Vivid Black SGS w/107 motor: V&H Pro Pipe, Thundermax tuner, SE Ventilator Elite AC with K&N filter, Andrews 30T pulley mod, AIM variable pressure clutch, Evolution Industries billet clutch basket, Twin Power compensator eliminator sprocket, HD highway pegs, HD passenger floorboards, RB Racing modified stock swingarm (2" over adjustable), HD 7" Wind Splitter windshield, HD black windshield trim, JM Corp 250W 2 channel amp and Focal 165 KRC speakers in fairing

City
    Monona
    State
    Iowa
    Yep,I did that too. It ran fine, but I ended up getting a tune to capitalize on the new parts.
    A tune will allow your bike to make the most out of the new air and exhaust, but it can handle them ok with a stock tune.
    Then, when I got my cams done then I had it retuned...
    Last edited by Fatbob Frank; 03-12-2019 at 01:24 AM.
    I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol...
    2017 FLHX
    Cobra 909s
    Screamin Eagle intake.
    S&S 465 cam
    Superior Blue

Prospect
    City
    chicago
    State
    N/A
    I appreciate everyone's input. So with the power vision is the optional power tune nessecary? It doubles the price of the unit