City
    Cape Coral
    State
    Florida

Law Abiding Biker

Not sure if all of you know about the Law Abiding Biker website. Ryan Urlacher a retired LEO produces some GREAT informative Harley videos. A recent one explaining how to hack the new Boom Box system to use Apple Car Play. If you don't watch this whole video start at the 7:00 minute mark and watch a funny (but true) video mocking Harley and how they try to screw us the customer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u2U2Hr1TCg

Peter

Prospect
    City
    Nazareth
    State
    Arizona
    The LAB guys have a lot of great videos. Also love their documentary movies of their rides. Im a patron and think its well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City
    Houston
    State
    Texas
    Is there a way to upgrade a 14 SGS to the new boom box radio? I would LOVE to get car play on mine. I don’t need any of the harley navigation or interface. It’s terrible relative to what car play can do. I have also thought about adding a third party (sony, kenwood, alphine) headunit with car play. But I worry about the diagnostics I get though the boom box such as engine temp and oil pressure. I haven’t seen a good way around this.
    2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
    Vivid Black
    --Lots of ideas so I am taking donations!

City
    Woodbridge
    State
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by 09 Softail C View Post
    Not sure if all of you know about the Law Abiding Biker website. Ryan Urlacher a retired LEO produces some GREAT informative Harley videos. A recent one explaining how to hack the new Boom Box system to use Apple Car Play. If you don't watch this whole video start at the 7:00 minute mark and watch a funny (but true) video mocking Harley and how they try to screw us the customer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u2U2Hr1TCg

Peter
    I like the videos from this guy.
    2016 Street Glide Special

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    My Rant: The way Harley does Carplay is horrible. I have a new car with Carplay and it just works! No special WHIM or headset needed for it. The new Boombox GT with soft touch buttons should have at the very least come standard with Traffic info!
    2018 FLHXANV
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Reinhart Slip Ons l 4 Point detach l Low Backrest l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr & Rr LED's l Halo headlight l CVO seat l 115 Anniversary Razor Tour Pak

City
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    State
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    My Rant: The way Harley does Carplay is horrible. I have a new car with Carplay and it just works! No special WHIM or headset needed for it. The new Boombox GT with soft touch buttons should have at the very least come standard with Traffic info!
    I absolutely agree Mojo! Poor implementation with the Boom Box, as usual
    2015 Vivid Black FLHXS S&S 111" wi/ 585 Cams, S&S Stealth AC & Tear Drop cover, 58 mm TB, 5.3g/s injectors, V&H Power Duals, S&S 4" Slash Cut Pipes, Power Vision & TT, Comp. Elim. Sprocket, Scorpion Clutch, Baker Att. Adj, Biketronics 7 speakers and amp. H-D Hammock seat, JW Speaker LED light & Daymkr Aux lights. Cust. Dyn. LED turn sig. & magic strobe, H-D Heated grips, Detach H-D King Tour Pack, Willie G (Derby cover & Fuel door), axle covers & 3 pocket dash bag.

City
    Lexington
    State
    Kentucky
    Quote Originally Posted by trublupsu94 View Post
    Is there a way to upgrade a 14 SGS to the new boom box radio? I would LOVE to get car play on mine. I don’t need any of the harley navigation or interface. It’s terrible relative to what car play can do. I have also thought about adding a third party (sony, kenwood, alphine) headunit with car play. But I worry about the diagnostics I get though the boom box such as engine temp and oil pressure. I haven’t seen a good way around this.
    There is a way, you can PM Spazz here, or go to Soundz.com as they have come up with a module that you can use that lets the new radio work seamlessly. Funny enough it is right at Harley's magic number of 400 bucks and people are still getting top dollar for the used radio's right now so your in at about 2k.

I see others doing the Sony route for between 500-750 now.

I guess I'm happy with a thumb drive for when I'm in the woods, and streaming when I have signal.

Good luck -
    2017 FLHXSE CVO Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
    Mods are in the thinking tank right now cause the Wallet is EMPTY

City
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    State
    N/A
    YeaH $2K is a ittle too rich for my blood. Maybe if they'd fixed all the other issues with the Boom Box and GPS, I'd think about it.
    2015 Vivid Black FLHXS S&S 111" wi/ 585 Cams, S&S Stealth AC & Tear Drop cover, 58 mm TB, 5.3g/s injectors, V&H Power Duals, S&S 4" Slash Cut Pipes, Power Vision & TT, Comp. Elim. Sprocket, Scorpion Clutch, Baker Att. Adj, Biketronics 7 speakers and amp. H-D Hammock seat, JW Speaker LED light & Daymkr Aux lights. Cust. Dyn. LED turn sig. & magic strobe, H-D Heated grips, Detach H-D King Tour Pack, Willie G (Derby cover & Fuel door), axle covers & 3 pocket dash bag.