Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee

Angry My harley rant for the year

Hey Motor Company, I see your sales are down overall for a second straight year (maybe more). Other than the fact you are totally ignoring the buying habits and budgets of the younger demographic, here’s some things you COULD do to ensure customer loyalty of the older demographic:
    How about ADDING the latest technology for your customer’s safety?
    Many of your competitors do.

1. LED Lighting ALL the way around as standard equipment. Have you not noticed the danger element of those 2 TINY Street Glide/ Road Glide tail lights?

2. The Boom Box is a joke OK? Poor sound quality and NO traffic feature!

3. Must have costly extras to use Car Play . . . Seriously? My Honda car doesn’t need any extra$$$ for Car Play to work.

4. TPMS management system. Sure I know it’s standard on the CVO but this is a much needed safety feature!

5. Instrument adjustable Lighting feature FOR SAFETY!!!!!

6. Homelink Accessory would help many as well. Youve got all those dummy buttons by the ignition switch, MAKE USE OF THEM!!

7. Decent Audio speakers. OEM’s are the lowest of the low in quality.

8. And lastly But not least: FREE map upgrades! Such an insult for a $24-$28k Bike.

Be a leader, be an innovator. The bean counters are killing the goose.
    LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS AND FRANCHISEES.
    2018 FLHXANV
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Reinhart Slip Ons l 4 Point detach l Low Backrest l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr & Rr LED's l Halo headlight l CVO seat l 115 Anniversary Razor Tour Pak

City
    Luck
    State
    Wisconsin
    Interesting: No complaints about handling, ride comfort, or engine performance. That's good to see.
    2014 FLHXS: Sand Camo Denim
    H-D Parts Except as Noted: updated 07-Jan-2019
    Front Lighting: Illuminated Hand Control Switches; Auxiliary Lamp Kit; Norman 3000K LED Lamps W/PAR 36 Amber Lens Covers; JW Speaker Evolution II LED Headlight; Amber LED Turn Signals
    Rear Lighting: LED Light Bar; Tri-Bar Fender Brake Light; Tour-Pak and Saddlebag Run/Brake/Turn LED Lamps
    Chrome: Fork Sliders & Covers; Axle Spacer; Fairing Skirt; Curved License Frame; Classic Timer Cover; Docking Point Covers; Windshield Trim; Rear Saddlebag Guards; Radio Trim; Stealth Tour-Pak Rack; Tour-Pak Lamp Trim; Smooth Horn Cover; Saddlebag Hinge Covers; Landmark Fat Round Shift Linkage; Klock Werks Flush Front Axle; Inner Primary Housing; Solenoid Cover; Chopped Engine Guard; Front Engine Mount & Link; Arlen Ness Smooth A/C Cover; Oil Cooler Protection Screen; Kuryakyn Fender Accents and Trim
    Security: Smart Siren II; Brukus TourPack Bullet Secure; Reda Saddlebag Locks; FOBO Tire Pressure Monitors; V-Twin Metal Valve Stems; Micro Start Kit W/Harness & Tire Inflator; Fuel Door Lock; Abus 7000 Disc Lock Alarm
    Engine: 103"; Line2Line Coated Stock Pistons; Andrews 57H cam; S&S Premium Tappets; CNC Ported Heads; SE Wide Band Auto-Tuning Module; SE Pro Super Tuner; SE High Flow Street Cannon Exhaust; SE A&S Clutch Kit; Rekluse Centrifugal Clutch Pack; Dipstick Temp Gauge; S&S Stealth Air Cleaner; Yuasa GYZ Battery, 1.4 kW Starter; Amsoil; Mighty Might Cooling Fans & Accy Switch; GMR Compensaver; Pingel Shifter Shaft; High Output Charging System; SE Spark Plugs & Wires
    Handling: Cartridge Fork Dampening; Amsoil Suspension Oil; 18" Front Wheel; Floating Brake Rotors; EBC HH Brake Pads; Dunlop American Elite Tires; Ohlins HD 773 Shocks
    Comfort: Police Solo Saddle with Coil-Over Suspension; Extended Reach Footboards; SoftBrake 1” Extended Brake Lever & Reduced Reach Clutch Lever; Extended Shift Levers; Fairing Air Deflectors; Freedom 14" Windshield; Klock Werks Ergo Up Bars; Get-A-Grip Hand Grips; Kuryakyn Magnum Plus Mirrors
    Infotainment: Ultra Tank Console with Headset Connection & CVO Insert; Hidden Radio Antenna; GPS Map Update
    Luggage: Four Point Docking Hardware; Solo Tour-Pak Mounting Rack; King Tour-Pak and Lining; Tour-Pak Wall Organizer; Premium King Travel-Pak; Chopped Backrest Pad; Premium Saddlebag Travel-Paks; Innovative Storage Solutions Tool Bags; Saddle Bag Guard Bags & Bottle Holders
    Appearance: CVO Black Gauges; Carbon Fiber Gauge Panel; De-badged Gas Tank; Skull Emblems over Fairing Mirror Holes; Diamond Engineering 12 Point Engine Screws; Allen Hole Plugs; Piston Muffler End Caps

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    Heh, heh, I just got started! Then there's all of that too. lol
    2018 FLHXANV
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Reinhart Slip Ons l 4 Point detach l Low Backrest l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr & Rr LED's l Halo headlight l CVO seat l 115 Anniversary Razor Tour Pak

City
    Monona
    State
    Iowa
    I totally agree on the LED lighting.
    I work 3rd shift and there is no substitute for LEDs at night.
    Plus the longevity aspect.

My only other issue is how much better my bike rides after installing Legend suspension.
    You'd think a bike that cost north of $22k would have a better set of shocks...
    I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol...
    2017 FLHX
    Cobra 909s
    Screamin Eagle intake.
    S&S 465 cam
    Legend suspension
    Superior Blue

City
    East Valley
    State
    Arizona
    Harley is all about making money, they know what everyone is needing/wanting and they know they can make money of those so why give them up for FREE..... They will nickel and dime us on every little thing after they got us for the amount of money we all paid for our bikes.

They have watched other competitors offer a bit more for the money but they know they have the market so they will squeeze every penny out of us until people stopped buying their product. They know most of the folks are die hard fans of Harley and will not jump ship, so until they see they sale plum drastically, good luck hoping HD will listen and start changing.
    '15 FLHX, Vivid Black with S&S performance mods & aftermarket accessories!

City
    Riverside
    State
    California
    I agree on all your points. Funny how even my 09 bmw RT had TPMS and traction control, that was 10 years ago. But I’ll mention suspension too. My SG was 26k, I shouldn’t have to drop another 2.5k to get a smooth ride, and one that’s stable in long sweeping turns. This is why my 13 BMW RT is my daily rider...

I spoke with probably one of the biggest distributors and installers of Ohlins suspensions on the West Coast. He said Ohlins asked Harley to build suspensions for their bikes, and their response was if you could do it for the same price as our stock setups. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Street Glide Vivid Black ABS
    Mad Wheel 21” Enforcer Gloss Black
    Willy Shiny 16” Gloss Black Enforcer
    Willy Shiny Chrome Rotors, Gloss Black Calipers w/chrome bolts
    Boom! Audio Hidden Antenna
    Scripted Custom Gear Shift Linkage
    HD Chrome Daymaker
    Stage 1
    SE Street Cannons with Screamin' Eagle Script 4 in. End Caps
    Screamin' Eagle Agitator Extreme Billet Air Cleaner Kit
    Infinity Kappa 62.11I 150W 6.5-Inch
    RF PBR300X2 Punch 300-Watt Amp
    CD LED Cluster Inserts

City
    Norwich UK
    State
    N/A
    Here in the UK you can buy two decent spec small cars for the price of a SGS (irrespective of exchange rate, they've always been priced at 1$=£1) throw in insurance and it's no wonder most youngsters blank HD.
    2015 FLHXS,
    S&S Headers & Mufflers
    Nitron shocks
    Andrews 48H cam
    Le Pera Maverick
    Legend Axeos
    JW Speaker's Adaptive headlight.

City
    Fenton
    State
    Missouri
    Call the wambulance and see if they will take you to the nearest Indian, BMW, or Honda dealer. Sounds like they have everything you guys need for the money as those bikes cost just as much. I love my bad handling, poor suspended outdated, underpowered, bad radio, kick ass looking HARLEY DAVIDSON. Haters gonna hate I guess.
    2015 FLHX - LA Chopper's 10" bars w/heated grips, LA Chopper's Tru-Power 4" slipons with stock CAT in header, Ness Big Sucker A/C, V&H FP3 tuner.

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Call the wambulance and see if they will take you to the nearest Indian, BMW, or Honda dealer. Sounds like they have everything you guys need for the money as those bikes cost just as much. I love my bad handling, poor suspended outdated, underpowered, bad radio, kick ass looking HARLEY DAVIDSON. Haters gonna hate I guess.
    -----------------------------------
    My rant had nothing to do with hate Hurricane. In fact I just last month bought a new one however, changes and discussion is why we call this a forum so we can exchange tips, ideas and general bantor about a brand we all embrace.
    2018 FLHXANV

City
    Fenton
    State
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    -----------------------------------
    My rant had nothing to do with hate Hurricane. In fact I just last month bought a new one however, changes and discussion is why we call this a forum so we can exchange tips, ideas and general bantor about a brand we all embrace.
    Sorry I didn't recognize any tips, ideas, or general bantor about the brand...……….just complaints about overpriced bikes without enough features that comparable brands have. My bad, I apologize.
    2015 FLHX - LA Chopper's 10" bars w/heated grips, LA Chopper's Tru-Power 4" slipons with stock CAT in header, Ness Big Sucker A/C, V&H FP3 tuner.