Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee

Lightbulb Boom Box GTS alternative

For those of you with a 2014-2018 with the Boom box 6.5 there is an inexpensive alternative to the Boom Box GTS and it already has a Apple Carplay system and traffic maps without Harley's expensive WHIM and headset requirement. A complete $568 system below:Sony XAV-AX7000 Plug & Play Bundle

https://fatheadcycles.com/collections/harley-davidson-audio/products/sony-7000
    2018 FLHXANV
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Reinhart Slip Ons l 4 Point detach l Low Backrest l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr & Rr LED's l Halo headlight l CVO seat l 115 Anniversary Razor Tour Pak

City
    Battle Mountain
    State
    Nevada
    Are you going to make the switch Mojo ????

2014 Mysterious Red Sunglo
    Stage 1 D&D Boss Fat Cat 2-1 exhaust FP3 tuner
    JW Speaker E2, Custom Dynamic running and tails, 8 plasma rods
    Soundz Customz level 5 Carbon Iron series, 5x7 lids
    Color matched inner fairing and King tour pack with lowers
    Fork fangs, Fairing deflectors, REDA bag bolts

Prospect
    City
    Pittsburgh
    State
    Pennsylvania
    Only hic up for me on this system is, no blue tooth ability for Apple Carplay. Must have phone plugged into usb for Carplay.

City
    New Bern
    State
    North Carolina
    Itís good to know there is an alternative if/when our BOOMs die..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by TomA View Post
    Are you going to make the switch Mojo ????

Tom- I just put that out here for informational purposes.
    The price and features are awesome compared to HD's however- There are some drawbacks and questions:

A. Is the Sony model waterproof?
    B. No access to your HD "Information Screen" to view EITMS, Oil Pressure, etc.
    C. Questions on what "Joystick" features are still available.
    D. Will it be compatible with the CD module & controls?

Some things to seriously think about with the swap.
    The new Boom Box GTS has some concerning issues as well however. WHIM requirement and Harley headset for Carplay. I understand there are some work arounds but realistically for me personally I never listen to music while riding so the only really important feature I want or need is Carplay and traffic maps. I have a new car WITH Carplay and you don't need any extra "options" to make it work.

Im not going to purchase either replacement unit but if I were- the Sony would work well for me due to my limited feature needs.

Sony XAV-AX7000 .png
    2018 FLHXANV
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Reinhart Slip Ons l 4 Point detach l Low Backrest l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr & Rr LED's l Halo headlight l CVO seat l 115 Anniversary Razor Tour Pak

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by 31 Yrs. View Post
    Only hic up for me on this system is, no blue tooth ability for Apple Carplay. Must have phone plugged into usb for Carplay.

True- My new Honda Accord has Carplay and it must be plugged in via lightening cable to operate Carplay as well. I believe BT is a coming feature from Apple.
    2018 FLHXANV

City
    New Bern
    State
    North Carolina
    My wifeís new car has the Car Play and there is no doubt itís the future. Iíd love to have that on my SGS. As far as Bluetooth connectivity, yea that would be nice, especially for short trips when you donít need to be connected to keep a charge going.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    A little humor: I was stopped at a dealer on a ride recently and 2 guys were going across country on their Ultra's. One had duct taped a Ipad Mini
    over his Boombox screen so he could use the Google traffic maps!
    2018 FLHXANV

City
    Battle Mountain
    State
    Nevada
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    A little humor: I was stopped at a dealer on a ride recently and 2 guys were going across country on their Ultra's. One had duct taped a Ipad Mini
    over his Boombox screen so he could use the Google traffic maps!
    What ever works best I guess ha ha ha ha. Have seen that before also. I don't use my GPS very often because of the clumsiness of operation. It will work if you have 1 address to find and that's as far as I go with it. I usually map it out in my head before I go somewhere I have never been before so I have an idea what to watch for. The best part is getting lost and discovering new places.

2014 Mysterious Red Sunglo
    Stage 1 D&D Boss Fat Cat 2-1 exhaust FP3 tuner
    JW Speaker E2, Custom Dynamic running and tails, 8 plasma rods
    Soundz Customz level 5 Carbon Iron series, 5x7 lids
    Color matched inner fairing and King tour pack with lowers
    Fork fangs, Fairing deflectors, REDA bag bolts

City
    Round Rock
    State
    Texas
    I have the Sony XAV-AX1000 on my SGS and love the Apple Carplay feature while riding, works just like it does in my Silverado. I've had it on there for 1.5 years.
    2015 Superior Blue FLHX, FP3, ceramic coated Jackpot header, Vance and Hines Titans, Fuel Moto Pro Billet AC