City
    chicago
    State
    N/A

Harley hard lowers

Anyone install harley brand hard lowers with speaker pods? I have the speaker pods and it did not come with hardware to mount speakers. It looks like it takes some sort of clip. Not sure how I am going to bolt the speakers to the pods. I'm not using harley boom audio speakers. Was going to bolt in some aftermarket hertz speakers. In the pics attached you will see how big the speaker mounting holes are. Any help is appreciated

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

City
    Reno
    State
    Nevada
    Quote Originally Posted by cobranick View Post
    Anyone install harley brand hard lowers with speaker pods? I have the speaker pods and it did not come with hardware to mount speakers. It looks like it takes some sort of clip. Not sure how I am going to bolt the speakers to the pods. I'm not using harley boom audio speakers. Was going to bolt in some aftermarket hertz speakers. In the pics attached you will see how big the speaker mounting holes are. Any help is appreciated

They use a rubber self-spreading grommet that has a brass insert inside and spreads as you tighten... 5/16" grommet.

It's best to clock the speaker 1/4" and use screws.. they will hold better.. I have had them pop out at times.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2015 FLTRXS 120ST 'RAVEN'
    D&D Boss Boarzilla |TTS MasterTune | Chisel Extreme AC|Chrome Enforcer Wheels and Pulley
    Polished rotors|14" F47 Malo Bars|AN Deep Cut Grips and HD chrome levers | Chrome Sliders
    CD Dynamic Ringz LED's | Nasty Baggers Shift Linkage | Legacy Baggers Grill Medallions, Dash and Latch Custom Inserts
    Topshop 4.5" Bags. Side covers and CVO Minsiter Fender | Soundz Audio--SS4.100 amp, DSP, (4)Carbon 65's and (2)Iron 69.2s

Owner- RENO BAGGER AUDIO

City
    chicago
    State
    N/A
    Thank you, I will give that a try

City
    Grants Pass
    State
    Oregon
    I bought an aftermarket set with just indentations so i can drill my own holes. You could possibly use 4 fender washers and trim off one side to fit. Then tack weld a nut on it for a matching bolt to attach the speaker with. Or checkout a hardware store, im sure you would find something that would work.
    *** West Coast Struttin's Ride ***

2015 SGS Pearl White (Moroccan Gold )
    Cobra True Dual Head Pipes
    V&H 450 Titans Muffs
    LRS 10" Windshield Cut to 9"
    HD Stealth luggage rack
    HD Backrest (Driver & Passenger)
    HD LED signals front & Rear
    Rockford Fosgate 400W AMP & Speakers
    Tour Pak & Lower Fairings
    12" LA Choppers Ape Hangers
    9MM ISIS eliminator

Prospect
    City
    rockford
    State
    Illinois
    I had some whith the same issue and i found the perfect clips on http://joescyclesound.com they worked perfect for my setup and even had adapter rings for my tour pack pod!

City
    chicago
    State
    N/A
    I ended up ordering the correct hardware from the stealership. On to the next question, I assembled the lowers with speaker pods and I feel like I'm missing something. Its completely hollow like there should be a speaker enclosure or something that closes off the pod at the bottom

Last edited by cobranick; 01-28-2020 at 08:16 PM.

City
    Lewiston
    State
    Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by cobranick View Post
    I ended up ordering the correct hardware from the stealership. On to the next question, I assembled the lowers with speaker pods and I feel like I'm missing something. Its completely hollow like there should be a speaker enclosure or something that closes off the pod at the bottom

This might help you
    https://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche...IRING%20LOWERS
    2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel / Lightning Silver

Aux Lamp Kit
    Road Tech Zumo Handlebar Mount Kit
    Zumo 660
    Adjustable Air-Deflector
    Color, Matched Tour-Pac
    Legends Revo-A 13"
    CB Radio
    Rider Adj Backrest
    4 Point Docking Kit
    Hwy Pegs
    Oil Level and Temperature Dipstick
    Chrome Rear Saddlebag Guards
    Scripted Gear Shift Linkage
    Streamliner Shifter Peg
    Kuryakyn Tracer LED Fairing Lower Grills

City
    chicago
    State
    N/A
    Yeah, I'm missing 29 and 30. Thank you very much

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    If any of you have thought about having hard lowers for your ride but can't quite stomach the $700+ for OEM. Here's a little tip for you. I bought a set of the XFMT (latest Version) off Amazon as a gift and they were extremely impressive. I have OEM's on my bike and the XFMT's are very good quality for the price, the Vivid black finish was excellent and they go on with ease. The only actual difference I can see is; OEM glove pocket area is a hard rubber whereas the XFMT's are molded plastic. These also come pre assembled where the OEM's have to be put together. They come in gloss and denim blk and you can paint these a lot cheaper than the cost of the Advanblack brand. These were $110 & shipped free. XFMT Vivid Black Fairing Lowers Lower Vented Leg Compatible with 2014-2019 Harley Touring Road King, Street Glide,Road Glide, Electra Glide, FLHTCU (P/N 49184-09A or 49050-09A; Wheel Kit P/N 433)
    Sold by: XFMT
    2018 FLHXANV
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Reinhart Slip Ons l 4 Point detach l Low Pillion l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr LED's l Halo headlight l Ciro tail & bag LED lights l Chrome forks/calipers/Chrome Enforcer wheel l
    115 Anniversary Chopped Tour Pak
    .l Chrome Controls l Painted Fairing l Boombox GTS-Boom ll Speakers l Hard Lowers
    l Alarm.

City
    Reno
    State
    Nevada
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    If any of you have thought about having hard lowers for your ride but can't quite stomach the $700+ for OEM. Here's a little tip for you. I bought a set of the XFMT (latest Version) off Amazon as a gift and they were extremely impressive. I have OEM's on my bike and the XFMT's are very good quality for the price, the Vivid black finish was excellent and they go on with ease. The only actual difference I can see is; OEM glove pocket area is a hard rubber whereas the XFMT's are molded plastic. These also come pre assembled where the OEM's have to be put together. They come in gloss and denim blk and you can paint these a lot cheaper than the cost of the Advanblack brand. These were $110 & shipped free. XFMT Vivid Black Fairing Lowers Lower Vented Leg Compatible with 2014-2019 Harley Touring Road King, Street Glide,Road Glide, Electra Glide, FLHTCU (P/N 49184-09A or 49050-09A; Wheel Kit P/N 433)
    Sold by: XFMT
    No joke Mojo... here is a set from Amazon for $148 good quality and fitment is spot on

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2015 FLTRXS 120ST 'RAVEN'
    D&D Boss Boarzilla |TTS MasterTune | Chisel Extreme AC|Chrome Enforcer Wheels and Pulley
    Polished rotors|14" F47 Malo Bars|AN Deep Cut Grips and HD chrome levers | Chrome Sliders
    CD Dynamic Ringz LED's | Nasty Baggers Shift Linkage | Legacy Baggers Grill Medallions, Dash and Latch Custom Inserts
    Topshop 4.5" Bags. Side covers and CVO Minsiter Fender | Soundz Audio--SS4.100 amp, DSP, (4)Carbon 65's and (2)Iron 69.2s

Owner- RENO BAGGER AUDIO