Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    I always carry some talcum powder when I take long trips. Plus, I had perforated leather inserts added to my stock seat. That helps a lot!
    SeatA1.JPG
    2018 FLHXANV
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Reinhart Slip Ons l 4 Point detach l Low Backrest l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors
    Custom Dynamic Fr LED's l Halo headlight l Ciro tail & bag LED lights
    l CVO seat l Chrome forks/calipers/chrome Enforcer wheel l
    115 Anniversary Razor Tour Pak
    .l Painted Fairing l Boombox GTS-Boom ll Speakers l Hard Lowers l Alarm.

City
    Staten island
    State
    New York
    This is my first post and I am a recent convert to HD's from street bikes so all the creature comforts are new to me, and it's nice.... I love my highway pegs, at 6,2 265 to stretch out on a long haul is priceless. Second only to the pegs is the saddlebag cooler.(Show Chrome King Kooler for Hard Saddlebags HDKC
    4.8 out of 5 stars 6 Reviews) got it on Amazon worth every penny. As for travel tips I live in Staten Island NY so my only tip is to get the hell out of the city when you can. Head up, rubber side down and enjoy.
    2010 Street glide Vivid Black
    Exhaust: jackpot full exhaust,2-1-2 ceramic heads Fuel Moto
    HD accessories: passing lights, docking station, passenger floor boards, alarm, crash bar, HWY pegs, chrome covers etc.
    Non HD parts: 3/4 in floor board spacers, saddle bag cooler(a must)windshields a few but use tinted 9in.

1 street bike left just won't giver her up, don't judge she has 164 to the wheel.

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    WELCOME MTS ! ! ! (Good advice!)
    2018 FLHXANV
    Milwaukee Eight 107 l Reinhart Slip Ons l 4 Point detach l Low Backrest l ClearView Shield l Fairing wings l Fork deflectors

City
    Staten island
    State
    New York
    Thanks, some good advice and some entertaining characters on here.
    2010 Street glide Vivid Black
    Exhaust: jackpot full exhaust,2-1-2 ceramic heads Fuel Moto
    HD accessories: passing lights, docking station, passenger floor boards, alarm, crash bar, HWY pegs, chrome covers etc.
    Non HD parts: 3/4 in floor board spacers, saddle bag cooler(a must)windshields a few but use tinted 9in.

1 street bike left just won't giver her up, don't judge she has 164 to the wheel.

City
    Seal Beach
    State
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by MTS View Post
    This is my first post and I am a recent convert to HD's from street bikes so all the creature comforts are new to me, and it's nice.... I love my highway pegs, at 6,2 265 to stretch out on a long haul is priceless. Second only to the pegs is the saddlebag cooler.(Show Chrome King Kooler for Hard Saddlebags HDKC
    4.8 out of 5 stars 6 Reviews) got it on Amazon worth every penny. As for travel tips I live in Staten Island NY so my only tip is to get the hell out of the city when you can. Head up, rubber side down and enjoy.
    I got the same thing and am sending it back. It leaks like a sieve...its supposed to be waterproof and every time I use it, my saddlebag is full of melted ice. I even put the ice in baggies and the condensation still leaked out....
    2014 SGS
    Blackened Cayenne
    Cat gutted w/ V&H Twin Slash
    HD Screamin' Eagle Ventilator Elite A\C
    Kuryakin Transformer Grips | Dually Highway Pegs
    HD Rear Bag Guards | Saddlebag Lid Bra
    4-pt Docking with Detachable Backrest
    Color-matched Chopped Tour-Pac | HD Tour-Pac Travel Pak
    JW Speaker 8700 Evolution 2 7" LED Headlight
    Dynamic Lights Front/Rear LED's
    HD Adjustable Air Deflectors | Ram-mount Tough Claw
    HD 3 Pocket Windshield Bag

Founding Member
    State
    Florida
    After having taken a number of long trips, one that was 7600 miles I can't recommend enough the adjustable riders backrest. I finally broke down and bought one after trying to snag a used one with no luck. I was on a trip visiting my brother, ordered one so that it would show up at his house and I'd have it for my ride home, about 1400 miles. Well the ride home didn't go as planned thanks to some nasty storms, and the last day I made the decision to try going all the way home to beat another storm, 890 miles. I never would have made it without the backrest, it makes a world of difference in comfort so if you're on the fence about buying one I say get it, it was worth every penny.
    2014 Daytona Blue Pearl
    Painted Vented Lowers, Chopped Tour-Pak, CB
    V&H Dresser Duals w/Twin Slash Round, 12" Monkey Bars, SE Heavy Breather, V&H FP3
    Soundstream PN4.1000D amp, Biketronics 7.1 BT7P14 Fairing Speakers, Bad Dad Competition Series Speaker Lids with LED Lights & Biketronics 5x7 Speakers, Bad Dad Summit rear fender, Top Shop extended bags.

Founding Member
    City
    Brandon
    State
    South Dakota
    Quote Originally Posted by SGS Mark View Post
    Monkey Butt? I hear that does a nice job with sweat issues too.
    I second the Anti Monkey Butt powder. In Sturgis I had to go the commando route though with just the powder as the heat had my boys dropped precariously low and I pretty much sat on them till I could ditch my drawers.
    2014 FLHXS Sand Camo Denim
    V&H Dresser Duals | V&H FP3 Tuner | SE AC | V&H Twin Slash Rounds
    8.5" Custom KW Flare Windshield |Legacy Baggers Dash and Latch Custom Inserts

City
    Nashville,
    State
    Tennessee
    Monkey Butt here as well. In a pinch you can use Johnson"s baby powder
    2018 FLHXANV

Prospect
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    California

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Post what you want here folks about your travels! Advice and tips are greatly appreciated!
    I would like to suggest you that travelsites.com is the platform where you can get the advice for the best places to meet other travelers.

Prospect
    City
    Pittsburg
    State
    Kansas
    I just got back from Namibia which is also my 50th country! Granted, it was for work, but it still feels awesome to get to that milestone. When I was a kid, I pretty much just wanted to travel the world, so I consider myself very fortunate to be able to see so much.