City
    Front Royal
    State
    Virginia

Shifter Shaft Bushing

Has anyone replaced heir shifter shaft bushing? The diagrams I see show only one but I swear it looks like I have two installed. One is installed flush with the outside (shifter arm) edge and the other is flush with the back (engine side) surface.

Since the inner primary is off I was thinking of going ahead and replacing that as well. I mean what the hell, I'm already doing everything else it seems.

If I do this I plan on getting the Jims tool for the job. I believe it is number 5518.
    Ride Safe,

Elliott
    2015 FLHXS - Amber Whiskey

City
    Elkhart
    State
    Indiana
    There are 2 bushings, very easy to do, if the cover is off, you don't need the Jims tool
    16 Street Glide Special, 117" 11.3:1, T Mann Pro Touring Port Job, 680 Cams, Hydo/Solid Lifters, S&S Adjustable Push Rods, 61mm HPI, TTS Programmer, S&S Air Cleaner, Rinehart Classic Duals, Chrome Frontend, Painted Inner Fairing, LED Lights

City
    Front Royal
    State
    Virginia
    What did you use to remove the two installed and how did you seat the new ones? It seems to me that for seating the two new ones all you need to do is tap them in from either side of the primary with a rubber mallet until they are flush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ride Safe,

Elliott
    2015 FLHXS - Amber Whiskey

I did the bushings a few weeks ago and a new shifter shaft No grease fitting on the 2014 So I bought this one
    http://www.pingelonline.com/harley-d...fter-shaft.asp

City
    Elkhart
    State
    Indiana
    I used a rod about .025 smaller then the bushing. then drove the bushings in flush
    16 Street Glide Special, 117" 11.3:1, T Mann Pro Touring Port Job, 680 Cams, Hydo/Solid Lifters, S&S Adjustable Push Rods, 61mm HPI, TTS Programmer, S&S Air Cleaner, Rinehart Classic Duals, Chrome Frontend, Painted Inner Fairing, LED Lights