12" bars upgrade on a 2021 Streetglide

Stood Winter

Jun 12, 2021
Hey there,

A part of my purchase agreement the dealer is going to install 12" bars on my new street glide. I also talked them into new mirrors because myself and my brother were concerned with the new bars blocking the traditional street glide mirrors. I got the plug kit to plug the old and a new set to go above the grips. I am still waiting for the new parts to come in. So I'm wondering if anybody can tell me for sure if the old mirrors WILL be blocked and if so how to remedy?

Hey there,

A part of my purchase agreement the dealer is going to install 12" bars on my new street glide. I also talked them into new mirrors because myself and my brother were concerned with the new bars blocking the traditional street glide mirrors. I got the plug kit to plug the old and a new set to go above the grips. I am still waiting for the new parts to come in. So I'm wondering if anybody can tell me for sure if the old mirrors WILL be blocked and if so how to remedy?

Not sure. 21 is too new. Haven’t even new bars on a 21. When I got my bike, they said cables were not even available yet. [emoji2957][emoji2957] Would like to see your bars once they are on!

mirrors

mirrors

I put 12" bars on my 2016 and plugged the old mirrors and installed mirrors on my bars.
It feels more natural to me to see the rear without moving my eyes off the road in front.
Looking down and under my arms never felt right.

I'm currently waiting for my 21 SGS to be delivered, but i went for a ride on a shop demo and it had HD 12' apes on it, and yes the bars are in the way of the stock mirrors. They had a set of HD teardrop mirrors fitted which worked really well. They also stated that 12" was as high as you could go without changing the clutch cable and brake lines. I contemplated getting them fitted to mine on delivery but have decided to try the OEM bars until it goes in for the first service.

I'm currently waiting for my 21 SGS to be delivered, but i went for a ride on a shop demo and it had HD 12' apes on it, and yes the bars are in the way of the stock mirrors. They had a set of HD teardrop mirrors fitted which worked really well. They also stated that 12" was as high as you could go without changing the clutch cable and brake lines. I contemplated getting them fitted to mine on delivery but have decided to try the OEM bars until it goes in for the first service.

Good idea. I did end up getting 12” bars on mine.I got the pull back bars from klockwoks.
They are easier on my shoulders. Traveling this weekend. So we’ll see how it goes.

Video here of bars.

https://youtu.be/v1Nxg20Y5WE

Good idea. I did end up getting 12” bars on mine.I got the pull back bars from klockwoks.
They are easier on my shoulders. Traveling this weekend. So we’ll see how it goes.

Video here of bars.

https://youtu.be/v1Nxg20Y5WE

Saw the video of your bars. I am looking for some ergo bars too. Back and shoulders get sore after a while. I like the way those look. Did you have to extend any cables to make them fit?

BTW - I have the same bike but with the black engine. Love the two tone paint.

Saw the video of your bars. I am looking for some ergo bars too. Back and shoulders get sore after a while. I like the way those look. Did you have to extend any cables to make them fit?

BTW - I have the same bike but with the black engine. Love the two tone paint.

Cool! I like the bars. Yes had to do cable extensions. Also had to relocate the mirrors, which I didn’t really want to do. The bars are a little on the wide side. But my shoulders have stopped hurting on day long rides.
I had the Hd mini apes on my last bike and really liked those and no cable ext with those. Good luck!!

Strongly suggest some 14" bars. I put 12" on mine thinking it might be too much, but i was way wrong. Next glide gets 14's for sure. Get as much pullback as you can, i still have to reach too far forward IMO and i got the most pullback as was available at the time. And yea, the mirrors were totally blocked with the 12's on my 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eduzueta